Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I agree. I went to the grocery yesterday and laughed because the row I parked in was nothing but black SUVs. Since I drive one as well, I had to pause to figure out which one was mine. If we're talking about the number of people who have such a vehicle, I would think that just as many (if not more) have a black SUV as those who have a red Ford Taurus (I had a white one myself).

8paws, human, crhedBngr and 5 others like this.

2. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

So was looking for a black SUV a needle in a haystack, just saying. And the Taurus was passed by LE per the perp within 20 seconds of him leaving the driveway? It could be a witness in the area if nothing else. The SUV had no plates provided either two possible models and a wide range of years. Not getting down on LE maybe there was a good reason, just think it should be looked at in hindsight and for future cases (of which in a perfect world, there would be none)... But it is easier to be an armchair quarterback...

3. JCzMum

JCzMum Active Member

4. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

We'll probably never hear the real reason. I know someone
    w/ a sketchy background who was accepted by Marines, but
    bounced into a hospital during basic training and he tells
    people he had a "medical" problem that got him discharged.

human, SeekingJana, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  5. CuriousMaine

CuriousMaine Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I often find myself having to remind folks that statistically, people with any type of mental illness are by far, more likely to be the victims of crime(s) than they are to be a perpetrator.

Hindsight is 20/20, and a lot of people understandably are searching for signals and someone or something to blame; but honestly, we're likely to find that there is nothing anyone could have done differently that would have predicted or prevented such a rare violent crime without sacrificing the lives, health and liberty of a lot of innocent, non-violent people.

6. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

I think the OP is confusing 2 different Sheriff departments from 2 different counties. The quote about driving at 100mph comes from the Douglas county authorities who arrested JP. Not Barron county where the initial murders and kidnapping occurred.

8paws, human, SeekingJana and 7 others like this.
  7. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Thank you.

The mental chains of paralyzing fear is much stronger than any binding material ever made.

Imo

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  8. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

The Patterson house looks pretty decent sized. If JP was the only person living in the house (?) why was his room in the crappy basement with a tiny twin bed? Or was he using a larger, master bedroom upstairs until the Jayme abduction? How much of the house did he truly control and use (versus daddy who came over) and clearly others leaving their cars in the driveway. I doubt JP was insured to use sister’s car. Bet she wasn’t pleased to find out how JP used her car for bad deeeds.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    SeekingJana and MsBetsy like this.
  9. Springb16

Springb16 Well-Known Member

This is what I think happened. I think the profiler thing is spot on. They knew if they didn't say anything Jayme had a better chance of survival. I think JP would have had no problem killing her if he thought law enforcement were getting close.

10. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I don’t think we have any evidence that the room shown in photos in the lower level is where he slept or where he kept Jayme. One of the tabloids just suspected that. I don’t think the room he was in has appeared in photos (could be wrong) based on the description in the statement.

8paws, human, Gardener1850 and 8 others like this.
  11. Gracie55

Gracie55 Well-Known Member

His odd behavior stands out to me after reading about his dead animal fixation. He was preoccupied with death. It would've made me as a parent or family member uneasy. Apparently it made an impression on the girlfriend.

Maybe living alone in the old family home surrounded by the ghosts of a vanished family life twisted him, or maybe the sum of a million little instances made him cross the line into such a crime. People are different and every person is the sum of a million little genetic and environmental factors. What impacts one might not affect others, just like you're allergic to poison ivy while I can roll in it.

Could he have been manipulative enough to be "playing" his folks into him being in a rent free bill free situation in which he played out his fantasy? Guilt over their divorce would make one or both vulnerable to his manipulation. People don't generally just one day become manipulative so could be a clue to him.

Maybe right at the time he needed guidance his parents were embroiled in their own issues, or maybe HIS issues caused their discord or part of it.

MOO.

It just seems wrong to point fingers at his family. I cant help but feel sympathy for them.

There maybe was dysfunction in the home, but don't we all to some degree? (I ask what we're reading as I speak. Why are we drawn here?)

12. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

lol exactly my point. i will bet money the old red ford tauruses are around but that a black black SUV is far more common.

8paws, human, cody22 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Past Mortem

Past Mortem Active Member

So I think I possibly know where this came from if it hasn't already been discussed, but in the 911 transcript, JN says "Just asked her. She said all the people that hang out at his house apparently do not know who she is."

The transcript I just got this from doesn't say this next part, but it's at approximately 15:45 on the 911 call when JN says the above, but then I'm fairly sure she almost corrects what she says under her breath or to someone else in the room (most likely Jayme). I just listened to it again and can't quite make it out now, but last night when I listened I heard JN say something along the line of "...don't know she's there" almost as though Jayme corrected her from saying "...do not know who she is". If this is the case, maybe this is where the confusion has come from potentially with people thinking it's been implied somewhere that his friends saw her.

Or, I was hallucinating and hearing things last night as a result of being waaaay too deep in this case! o_O Which is very possible.

14. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

So true...also, his mom remarried 2 months ago/wonder if that had any impact....

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper-is-totally-distraught/

human and SeekingJana like this.
  15. Pretty Go Pale

Pretty Go Pale Gin and Juice Boxes for ILoveChili and The Dude

Plausible theory. Much like 10+ plausible theories that were floated here about what was potentially behind what went down at the Closs home. LE in this case has certainly shown it doesn't mind patting itself on the back, so I'm sure we'll quickly hear from those authorities, if indeed, your theory is accurate.

16. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I also heard the correction, "don't know she's there" and I think it came from the room, like maybe Jayme muttered the correction and then KK (the homeowner), who I think was sitting next to her on the couch, amplified it in case it was relevant. By then, the call was moving on.

17. Past Mortem

Past Mortem Active Member

Good to know I'm not losing my marbles :)

SeekingJana, MsBetsy and Sjm_qc like this.
  18. CuriousMaine

CuriousMaine Well-Known Member

That initial "possible suicide" assessment was communicated to dispatch before they entered (cleared) the home. It was likely based on past experience (a recent Barron Cty double homicide and suicide a year prior in a domestic violence case) and the fact the first responding officers had little information to go on, sans "hang up call with lots of yelling" (ETA) similar to the previously mentioned case.

human, pepper 34, angelainwi and 6 others like this.
  19. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

We do not know that the “basement” room shown in photos published by tabloids is JP’s room, nor do we know whether that is the room he held JC in.

Heck, we don’t even know that it’s a “basement room”, given the outlets which published the photos and their penchant for sensationalism.

human, Ellmau, SeekingJana and 6 others like this.
  20. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

human, MissLaura, Ellmau and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.