Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

I dont understand why they ask for leads on the other vehicles. Maybe they were trying to confuse Patterson... Hard to say, but if they did release info about Patterson's sister's car, they may have received a lot of unwanted leads as well..

bizzle2 likes this.

2. retiredrickyinCO

retiredrickyinCO Denali Take 1st step tht separates dreaming, doing

Quite honestly I expected him to head west on Hwy 8 then take one of the N/S roads to get onto roads that would have no traffic at that time of night. That way, by heading west, away from Barron, your chances of meeting any LE would be virtually nonexistent. You also have to remember that he didn't know what was in the house, it could have had 5 teenagers all with cellphones plus the parents cellphones. And all it takes is one to call 911. He never expected LE to be there so quick as he just escaped by less than a minute.

Being he went east I am guessing he went all the way to Hwy 53. First of all that would be the fastest way as it is just like 4 miles east of Barron and is 55 MPH once outside of town. You get on Hwy 53 and it is 70 MPH straight to Gordon only slowing down for Trego. The reason I don't think he turned north on Hwy 25 is first of all it is slower, as you have 55 MPH for almost 10 miles (to Hwy 53), and you slow to 45 before you get to the ramp at Hwy 53 by the DMV in Rice Lake. Also, if you turned on Hwy 25 north not only do you drive right by the Sheriff's office (County Criminal Justice Center) where all the cops will be coming from but also once you go through Barron far enough to get to Hwy 25, you are past most of the places that you would think would have security cameras such as the gas station, like Holiday, Kwik-Trip and food joints like McDonald's and Subway. Also, don't quote me on this, but I believe CVS drugs is on the corner of Hwy 8 & Hwy 25 and the drugs stores would certainly have cameras all over so if you drove by 2 sides of CVS (Hwy 8 then turn north on Hwy 25) your chances would be that much greater to be caught on a security camera. One has to remember this was after midnight on a Sunday night so the traffic out is going to be at a minimum. If I read it correctly LE said JP's vehicle was the only one they met. I'm guessing he wanted the fastest way back to Gordon.

But after having said all that is feasible after he realized the cops were at the house so quickly he could have taken any number of back roads north and staying off the main roads where he knew there would be virtually no chance of meeting any other cars, especially LE.

The information will surface. Again, I grew up on all those little back roads around there and I just can't imagine for the life of me why he headed east. I think he didn't imagine a 911 call would be made as soon as it was. The call was made before the issue with taping Jayme and I am sure that in itself, the taping, was over a minute in length as he first requested Denise do it then after awhile he took over the job taping the mouth/head, the hands and the feet.

It will be interesting to find out the actual route. MOO

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

With all due respect to all the profiling that is going on here, my sister is a psychologist for the state I live in and only deals with sexual predators. I asked her about this and she stated that first, you cannot profile anyone based on statements made to the police because they are not giving accurate accounts most of the time. Second, it is impossible to profile someone through media accounts. She says it takes hours and hours of one on one time together to even try to put a phycological profile together to prepare for cases. She said yes, you can look at the crime itself and it may give you a starting point of where to begin but sooooo much more goes into it. I will stop at that because
    I really didn't even want to go there.

NWLady, 8paws, ManicMuggle83 and 25 others like this.
  4. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

5. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

Yea, let's just keep it quiet and let him keep having his his way with her if he hasn't killed her yet

8paws, human, Ibiz and 2 others like this.
  6. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Head scratcher to put it lightly... why on earth would you not at the very least...

Take the photo from the cop camera... say to everyone at a news conference.. this car is 2009 Taurus that was traveling on HWY 8 at 12:59.... they are not a suspect at all... but we want to talk to them and ask them if they passed any cars on way home, did u see anyone pulled over side of road, anything at all go zooming past you.

It’s like they simply said the Taurus yielded so there cool....WTF... FITZ/FBI are likable but this is kinda weird none follow up.

8paws, human, Ibiz and 2 others like this.
  7. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Respectfully, the words "loyalty" and "compliance" have two very distinct and different meanings. There is no evidence whatsoever that the terrorized child victim of this horrific crime was in any way "loyal" to her captor. The fact that she risked her life to flee is proof.

JMO

8. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Your sister is RIGHT. But people are are always going to label, share opinion. Right or wrong. That's why I tried to bring the actual characteristics of certain diagnosis up.But I do agree

NervousNellie, tnith and Sjm_qc like this.
  9. Ibiz

Sounds like a double edged sword....

Sjm_qc, bizzle2 and cody22 like this.
  10. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

I could come at the information we have so far about the family from a slightly different angle, but it’s PURE SPECULATION on my part:

Perhaps family were concentrated on/or tearing their hair out over dealing with the child (young adult) who DID have multiple & repetitive criminal convictions to a point where the quiet, loner, polite (insert various descriptives we’ve heard so far) youngest sibling was under the radar. Simply because he wasn’t causing trouble at the time. Or was better at hiding it.

Again, this is pure speculation.

Wrenny, CDmom, Quill and 8 others like this.
  11. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

You can do it, but if you're looking for greater accuracy you need to have more information. :)

Sjm_qc, tnith and Gardener1850 like this.
  12. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

You may be right. When LE passed by his plans may have drastically changed.

13. Ibiz

I've had those thoughts as well... They probably debated about it too.

14. indigopearl

indigopearl Active Member

Another thing I’ve been thinking about is the fact that JTP says in the criminal complaint that he left the loaded shotgun outside of his room for two weeks after the abduction. That’s somewhat telling in regards to what kind of freedom he allowed Jayme to have even when he was home. I can’t imagine he wasn’t letting her have any freedom whatsoever within the house while he had a loaded shotgun sitting out.

Jake Patterson Criminal Complaint | Autopsy | Burglary

15. Gracie55

Gracie55 Well-Known Member

He took the precaution of hiding the license plate if I'm understanding this, so did he also conceal the vehicle once he had her?

Maybe the family left behind a clunker when the driver moved off, and JP fixed up one as his crime car?

Or did he have another car or was this kind of passed down to him as the youngest? In sister's name correct? A female listed as red toy owner might not be on the top of an investigative list as might a 21 year old male.

16. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

Yes. I was also surprised he went East. Never seriously considered perp would do that. As to the response I believe he was thinking LE response time in Gordon.

17. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

It was a 15 year old he met online and drove 3 hours to meet:
    Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother

Of course that is no comparison to murdering a 13 year old girl's parents and taking her captive for 88 days. But the brother's record also hints at predatory behavior IMHO.

18. Noharg

Noharg Well-Known Member

Please excuse me if this has been posted, but what is the next court date for JTP? What will occur at that point?
    TIA

Rhenish, PommyMommy and Gardener1850 like this.
  19. bellyup

bellyup "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme

Profiling through statements and media accounts is done by experts and laypeople all the time (the FBI has a division dedicated entirely to that).

Respectfully, perhaps you mean diagnosing? I absolutely agree with that. No one can diagnose any psychological illness or personality disorder in JP based on the statement, the things he did or things posted here. That takes many many many hours of in person evaluation, history of behavior, etc. Even then it's pretty difficult when you are dealing with people that are excessively self servant and dishonest.

At best, anything said here is speculation as to what psychological profile JP most closely resembles. MOO

human, tnith, angelainwi and 3 others like this.
  20. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

Trauma bonding, at this point it feels like it should be added to the growing list of -what not to discuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.