Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrapper18

Scrapper18 Well-Known Member

It had been shown, with county property records, in previous threads that MSM got this wrong. In fact, it’s the opposite. JTP’s dad paid off the mortgage and the financial institution released the mortgage on the property.

libraryg, 8paws, Lanesmommy and 17 others like this.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

3. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

@gitana1 just posted back

4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. An AP article cited a neighbor as saying this, but other than that single account, I haven’t heard anything to verify this.

I’m leaning towards it not being true.

Katharine, 8paws, Alcina and 19 others like this.
  5. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the father did not sign the house over to the bank, he actually paid off the mortgage. I know there has/had been confusion about the father's bank transaction and it has been clarified in subsequent posts that the house was not signed over, it was paid off..
    Yes, had she not escaped.......

8paws, Alcina, Gardener1850 and 13 others like this.
  6. kebdal23

kebdal23 Well-Known Member

I was unaware that was confirmed also. I thought it was just an unsubstantiated rumor.

7. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Is it possible perp had the radio on and maybe Jayme heard the radio announce the time as they drove along? Just a thought. Even if not amazing that she got out alive!

8. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This is what I'm trying to say in some of my posts. He's going along with what the police have put out there....like the 4 minutes in the home, the wonderings if he saw her at the bus stop, etc. He thinks he's clever imo. He thinks he's smarter than others and likes to play with their heads. That's the feeling I'm getting. jmo

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    libraryg, 8paws, ilovechili and 16 others like this.
  9. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

JP said I did it as soon as an officer stopped him. Book smarts cant buy you street smarts.

10. MassGuy

It’s possible, but I think her mind would have been spinning at this point.

I can’t fathom the shock and terror she felt, and I’d be surprised if she had the presence of mind to listen to the radio.

libraryg, MrsM, Gardener1850 and 17 others like this.
  11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Patterson applied for job the day before Jayme Closs escape
    KARE 11's Lou Raguse has confirmed that Jake Patterson applied online for a job at Saratoga Liquors in Superior the day before Jayme's brave escape and his arrest on murder and kidnapping charges. In his application, Patterson wrote "I'm an honest and hardworking guy. Not much work experience, but I show up to work and I'm a quick learner."

On the application, which a Saratoga co-owner shared with KARE 11, Patterson listed his work history without mentioning the two-day stints he spent at Jennie-O and Saputo Cheese, where he was working when he allegedly spotted Jayme getting on the school bus and decided to kidnap her. Among the work experiences he listed:
    • Quanex Building Products, Rice Lake, Oct '16-Jan '17
    • Marine Corps Boot Camp, San Diego, Apr '17-Dec '17
    • Bohmann Concrete, Hayward, WI, Apr '18-Nov '18
    Reporter Raguse tweeted that the work history appears embellished, as the Marines kicked Patterson out after just five weeks of basic training, and authorities say he was not working at the time of the kidnapping, which is in direct conflict to the claim he was working at Bohmann Concrete during that time frame.

KB with Bohmann Concrete also called KARE 11 to confirm that Patterson filled out an application to work at Bohmann, but was never employed there.

In another development, Patterson was moved from the Barron County Jail to the lockup in adjoining Polk County. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed that a relative of Jayme's worked at the Barron County Jail but said the move was an administrative decision, and not based on threats or security concerns. Fitzgerald says Patterson will be moved back to Barron County for upcoming court appearances.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    TRB, libraryg, MrsM and 31 others like this.
  12. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. The dad payed the house off days after JP took Jayme. He could stay there forever as long as the taxes were paid.

Alcina, Gardener1850, human and 11 others like this.
  13. PommyMommy

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-o...raught/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    The mom of Jayme Closs’ accused kidnapper is devastated by her son’s alleged crimes, the woman’s neighbor told The Post on Tuesday.

In a chilling coincidence, Frey drives a bus for the local Rice Lake School District, other residents said.

He said Frey, who remarried just two months ago, is “afraid” of all the attention from the case.

But he said the tiny town has rallied around her by dropping off flowers outside the home where she lives with her new husband and Labradors.

No one answered the Freys’ door Tuesday morning.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Saputo Cheese Factory — where Patterson worked in nearby Almena for only two days before spotting Jayme and quitting to allegedly concoct his evil plot — said the suspect simply stopped coming to work.

Saputo spokeswoman SV told The Post that Patterson was placed at the cheese-manufacturing facility by a temp agency.

He was making blue cheese at the plant, she said.

Prosecutors have declined to say exactly when Patterson first spotted Jayme, but SV said he worked at the factory Oct. 3 and 4 and then didn’t show up Oct. 5 and beyond.

TRB, libraryg, Ellmau and 24 others like this.
  14. PommyMommy

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
    JP's mother is 'distraught,' and 'scared to come out of her house,' in the wake of the horrifying revelations about her son's attack on the Closs house on October 15.

Speaking to DailyMail.com a neighbor who asked not to be named said: 'She's distraught. They're good people. This is just shocking.'

The stark description is the first insight into the family behind the killer and kidnapper whose horrific actions have stunned the nation.

According to the neighbor, DF and her second husband K - Patterson's mother and stepfather - are thoughtful people who get up early each morning to plow snow from driveways.

The neighbor said: 'I would see him [Jake] across the street but not to talk to him. They're good people. But he's a freak.'

Today his mother was described as holed up at home, uncertain how to move forward in the wake of all that has happened and her youngest son's horrifying confessions.

DailyMail.com can also reveal that on the day Jayme Closs escaped, Patterson had made the 56-mile trip from the cabin in which he was holding the 13-year-old to his mother's home in Haugen, Wisconsin.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Those who knew Patterson growing up have described him as 'quiet' 'studious' and a member of Northwood High School's Quiz Bowl team.

But an ex-boyfriend of his sister, K, who dated her in 2009 and often stayed with her in the Patterson family home, recalled Patterson as more troubled than quiet.

'Nobody would really engage with Jake. I never saw him out playing with their dog or taking part in any sporting activity or even with friends.

'He was just always indoors sitting by himself. He'd be watching TV and just staring straight ahead at it. One of the last times I saw him I was getting ready to leave and I sort of said my goodbyes to him and he just kept looking straight ahead, he didn't react at all or turn his head or wave…nothing.

'There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes. I remember feeling that even back then.'

libraryg, SeekingJana, 8paws and 20 others like this.
  15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

For me, 5 minutes locked in the trunk after witnessing the brutal massacre of my parents would probably be like 5 days! I am amazed at JC's reference, and don't believe JP made any detour. MOO

Ellmau, 8paws, Gardener1850 and 16 others like this.
  16. Kaykayy

Kaykayy Active Member

As I stated before, I did not read past threads so I had no idea there was a thread over sealed records, or even sealed records in general. Thanks I suppose

17. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Haa! We can spend 3 days and 2 threads on locating a possible stair case inside the home friend. ;):D

TRB, MelodyLane, libraryg and 23 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

Excellent. So this explains the origins of that “resume.”

It’s a good thing he didn’t get that job, as a change like that might have spurred a decision to murder Jayme.

Who knows though?

Ellmau, Katharine, 8paws and 19 others like this.
  19. Deerrun

Deerrun Well-Known Member

Like that, that's def possible imo

heli likes this.
  20. PommyMommy

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
    Neither Patterson's mother nor father has given any hint that they recognized anything unusual about their son's behavior across the 87 days during which he held Jayme prisoner, though both saw him during that time.

The couple split for good in 2007 after a turbulent marriage when their youngest son, Jake, was 12 years old. They had filed for divorce once before, in 2005, but the suit was dropped as they endeavored to try to save the marriage that brought them three children - Jake, 21, Erik, 24, and sister Katie, 26.

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

Today Deborah lives with her second husband Kevin in the small town of Haugen just 20 minutes drive from Jayme's home in Barron.

Patterson's stepfather Kevin is, according to another neighbor, a keen hunter who is often seen out taking shots. It is not known if his stepson who gunned down Denise and James Closs with such lethal efficiency ever joined him.

libraryg, KaaBoom, 8paws and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.