Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pittsburghgirl

pittsburghgirl Well-Known Member

He's a psychopath. He thinks other people are things he can own and control. Hence, double murder and abduction. Hence, keeping a human under a bed. Whatever "reason" he has will not be anything you or I can understand. It will be sick and twisted and narcissistic.

8paws, MrsM, human and 11 others like this.
  2. Breezie

Breezie Well-Known Member

When Your Child Is a Psychopath

This article is about a child who lacks empathy. Her parents are a doctor and a teacher so they recognized the signs early and she is in a residential program. Sometimes, even the best parenting, is not enough.

8paws, Wild Rose, haven71 and 24 others like this.
  3. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

He would have to specifically have retrieved the roll of tape back from Denise and put it in his pocket or whatever for it not to be at the scene.

(ETA: please see my correction below)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    kkdj, MsBetsy, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  4. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll get to that point eventually. They seemed to have thought their son was a quiet, but fairly normal geeky kid. I'm sure the parents are very much entrenched in the stages of grief right now - the son they thought they had and loved doesn't exist anymore. I would imagine this feels very much like the death of a child, but there's no relief from the suffering or the self blame.

8paws, callyn, Alexsea and 14 others like this.
  5. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of that is believable. Mom had a fb account, brother had a fb account, brother found his victim online, in another article ( I think sister's exbf) someone stated that he played games all day. And the neighbors previously said the family was nice, but they didn't know them, so how would they know what the inside of the house looked like?

6. margarita25

I was happy to see that the photos of Jayme reflect that she still has light in her eyes. Hard to explain but she looks good imo. I know inside she is hurting of course.

8paws, MrsM, human and 12 others like this.
  7. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Didn't he say he gave the roll to DC but had to take it back to bind her because DC's hands were shaking so bad?

margarita25, kkdj, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  8. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

He said he took the roll from DC, and bound JC with it, but you are correct. Do we know if he put it back in his pocket?

9. margarita25

Oh yeah sorry for brain fart about him getting the roll back.

But yes did he put it back in his pocket?

kkdj, Jim_M and Ibiz like this.
  10. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

I realize that there is nothing we can do about this now and I hate to keep harping on it, really I do, but then why open yourself up to JP'S defense team with lying in the criminal complaint that you possibly seen a maroon Taurus, just don't mention it at all.

8paws, kkdj, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why he went to visit his mother? He has a resume on Indeed.com and the site sends potential jobs via email. I've thought one of his parents or siblings set it up for him but I will be surprised if PF doesn't have any computer access or an email at all.

JMO

8paws, kkdj, cody22 and 1 other person like this.
  12. margarita25

I’m curious as to why @mtnlites stated she thinks he did have an online presence.

(Does she know something we don’t or was this just an educated guess—most people do have some sort of online presence so it wouldn’t be an unfounded statement, just wondering if there’s something else...)

IowaMom4 and kkdj like this.
  13. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

That's true. But this case is vastly different I think because of Jayme being a survivor of seeing her parents murdered and being abducted and hidden (and likely abused by the murderer) by a stranger to her. In Kelsey's case everyone knew Kelsey's daughter was with the accused murderer (Baby K's father) and his family. PF's family did nothing to try to let the Berreth's see the baby or help find her mother KB. Baby K was not abused nor traumatized as far as we know other than the loss of her mother. And there is a family connection to the child in that case that makes it logical that the two families should have had communication about Kelsey and worked out a time to see Baby K. Here, however Jayme was hidden and there is absolutely no familial connection between Jayme and her abductor's family. There is no previous connection at all.

There is no reason Jayme should be forced to have future communication with the people who raised the man who murdered her parents and abducted her. Even if it is only the father of the suspect sending sincere condolences this could be triggering and confusing for Jayme as she heals. She must wonder why no one figured out who had her-- all those times when the father of the suspect was IN THE SAME HOUSE where Jayme was being held captive and he didn't see anything off about his son or the house in general? To be clear, I'm not accusing PP of knowing Jayme was there or helping his son commit the crime, but I'm trying to see things from Jayme's perspective. She should not be forced to extend grace and forgiveness to the abductor's family because they write a letter saying how sorry they are or how they didn't know. She should reach a position of forgiveness for them (if she so chooses to) in her own timing and through her own process of healing. I feel like PP's father may want the Closs family to absolve him of responsibility by his sending a private letter. Jayme's grandfather has already responded in the press with a lot of grace saying they don't blame JTP's parents for what he became at 21. I just hope Jayme's feelings are being guarded carefully and I hope there is no more private communication with JTP's family unless Jayme wishes to initiate it. MOO.

tnith, kkdj, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  14. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Exactly. He and his ex-wife will be blamed by some, no matter what they do or don't do now and from now on. Jayme's family can choose not to read the letter now, or ever. He clearly felt a great need to write them, and no matter if he actually did miss some clues about his son, there is no way in his worse nightmares he could have known his son was capable of such evil.

I've wondered if this *** purposely made both his father and sister "complicit" in a twisted way. Driving his sister's car. Making Jayme put on his sister's pajamas, and perhaps other of his sister's clothes. Having his father over to the cabin, shooting the breeze, his father unaware, while Jayme cowered under his bed, afraid to move.

Wild Rose, LarkBunting, human and 7 others like this.
  15. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Just jumping off to add my frustration with the Frazee family is that they knew Kelsey was missing and made no attempt to even appear concerned. Instead they immediately circled the wagons to protect PF, imo. So it wasn't that she had been murdered by their son and they showed no concern, it was back when she was first thought missing and possibly abducted or broken down on the road for all we knew.

16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I know he only worked at the cheese factory for two days, but I wonder if they're given a locker at those facilities?

17. Celt1997

Celt1997 Well-Known Member

I appreciate Fitzgerald addressing this, but the complaint (the way it is written chronologically) seems to imply that Deputy Fick had noted quite a few details at that very moment.

8paws, callyn, Mistermagoo and 6 others like this.
  18. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

IIRC, the criminal complaint mentioned that he thought he'd gotten away with the murders and kidnapping after two weeks passed, and his smugness was based in part on media reports AND social media.

Who knows what kind of access he had to SM, if that's accurate, and gaming doesn't have to be on a computer (think XBox and PS4, etc, gaming consoles that don't require wifi or the internet, and that can be played on solo, rather than online and most often, multiplayer).

Also, maybe teenagers & young adults in rural America use SM differently than in urban areas, but literally every kid that age I'm aware of thinks FB is for the elderly, and is on Snapchat and the like instead. And constantly.

8paws, tnith, MissLaura and 4 others like this.
  19. Mandie K

Mandie K Well-Known Member

The infamous chair....that was a huge topic here. But I guess they removed a lot of objects that now don't mean anything.

20. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a powerful, eye-opening article.

Wild Rose, MissLaura, tmar and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.