Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celt1997

Celt1997 Well-Known Member

The complaint does mention a chair in relation to James' body. Perhaps it contained blood evidence somewhere on it?

"Detective Nelson observed that James was lying on his back with his head partially under the kitchen table and chairs."
    ~page 3

8paws, tnith, cody22 and 11 others like this.
  2. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I don't either. The Closs family is free to read it or not, or share it with Jayme or not. I respect the fact that the Patterson family has said almost nothing to the press (I think only the grandfather has said a few words), and I'm glad they kept whatever they want to share with the Closs family private.

IowaMom4, 8paws, LarkBunting and 20 others like this.
  3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

Right, his family might not have known PF did anything before he was arrested (although that's debatable) but my point remains the same in my response to @cluciano63's post comparing these two cases. In that case there was a reason to expect communication between the families and that is why everyone criticized them for not communicating. In Jayme's case we have zero previous connection between victims and suspect/family of suspect and we have a traumatized teenage survivor to consider. Like I said, I may be too cynical but it doesn't feel right to me that PP wrote a private letter instead of expressing condolences publicly.

MsBetsy, Jim_M, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
  4. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Question already addressed in another member's comment.

5. Peony459

Peony459 Well-Known Member

Fascinating article! Thanks!

rashomon, appleeye and DancingMuse like this.
  6. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Wow, great article. I believe psychiatrists used to say, and maybe still do, that psychopathy cannot be diagnosed until age 18, but this article gives a compelling argument for earlier diagnosis.

8paws, MissLaura, rashomon and 2 others like this.
  7. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I agree that we don't know if this 'obsession with dead animals' is true, but I keep remembering that RadarOnline was the same (only?) publication (ugh) that reported Denise was found barricaded in the bathroom, so maybe this is true? We may never know...

Edited to add the word "only" above.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    8paws, cody22, girlhasnoname and 3 others like this.
  8. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

That's what I say. Also even with no plate number an APB of an older maroon 4 door car ( even if they don't say Taurus ) could have helped. I'm sure there isn't an army of them parading around the streets at that time of the morning and if any LE came up on one and ran plates, it would have come back stolen or not matching the car.

8paws, Jim_M and Ibiz like this.
  9. Mandie K

Mandie K Well-Known Member

Didn't JP's grandfather say that all he did was play video games? Would that count as an "online presence"? My son is only 13, he uses the internet to play his xbox.

8paws, Ellmau, OhThatVictoria and 3 others like this.
  10. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

There is most likely blood evidence in the trunk of the car. I hope there is sufficient physical evidence like this so it removes or at least reduces any testifying that Jayme needs to do herself, if this goes to trial.

My thought all along about the search for the black SUV and the red Dodge Charger/Challenger is that those cars were presumed to have been witnesses to the perp's car, either as it approached Closs's or as it left. (Remember that although LE didn't encounter any other cars upon heading from Barron to the scene, their drive only spanned a few minutes and neighbors might have reported seeing the other cars pass by just before the 911 call, after LE were on scene, or 30ish mins earlier when the perp might have been just arriving). The very fact that they didn't include the Taurus in that public appeal suggests to me that they suspected the Taurus and didn't want to trigger the perp to hide or destroy it. But they knew only that it was heading east and didn't have a front plate and had gray/silver trim. As mentioned, those cars are common, so that didn't give them anything to go on, or at least not enough to have found him yet.

I think it's possible that dad was the only visitor, but Jayme couldn't necessarily tell, based on sounds, that it was only one person. I originally envisioned JP might have had folks there -- either socially or if there was some kind of drug selling or some such going on -- relating to the neighbors saying there were lots of cars going in/out -- and I thought perhaps she heard JP casually mention the crime -- "So about that murder/kidnapping south of here, wow, eh?" and that the other visitors indicated they weren't aware of it. Or possibly that he relayed that to her, whether it actually happened or not...

All JMO

bizzle2, Wrenny, human and 6 others like this.
  11. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying and I agree. I like how you put my thoughts so much clearer, it's about a previous connection in one case and none in the other. I too wouldn't really want to receive a letter because then I'd feel obliged to read it.

Jim_M, PommyMommy and Gardener1850 like this.
  12. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I dont think we have seen any evidence Jayme was bonding with JP at all at anytime unless we want to call 'survial' or trying to survive as some type of bonding with a double murderer and kidnapper. That's not bonding imo.

Did she at times try to appease this monster hoping he wouldn't hurt her? Imo absolutely. Her very life was at stake.

Meanwhile while try to survive she was looking all that time for an opportunity to escape.

The more he held her captive mistreating and abusing her cruelly the more Jayme knew the only chance to end her nightmare was to escape.

Imo Jayme came to a point that escaping his iron grip was more important than her own safety.

She knew if she didnt try to appease him she would be the one who would have to pay dearly.

She knew what he was capable of doing more than anyone at that time. He had already shown her how deadly dangerous he is. She was right there in her own home to see it with her own eyes and knew how quickly he destroyed 2 lives with ease.

As far as picking and choosing what to believe about JPs past behavior I have no way to discount any of it. I think far more will come out.

Its only logical after his arrest more will come out about him. It always does in cases where the suspect's name is now known.

We will hear more unsettling things about JP in the coming weeks. Imo

Imo

TRB, 8paws, kakadu and 9 others like this.
  13. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response MandiK; I would like to please see a quote for this, because if so, this is a huge discrepancy and very important point point that needs clarification for various reasons, imo.
    (Got a quote for us @PommyMommyby any chance? As said before you’ve spoiled us :) )

human, cody22, girlhasnoname and 3 others like this.
  14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yes. It's kind of like car alarms. I remember in the 80's and 90's so many went off all the time that people stopped paying attention. We've got socially awkward loners (which makes up probably a huge portion of the gaming community), and then millions of people with varying degrees of mental health issues. The vast majority of ALL these people wouldn't harm someone but most show what in retrospect would be deemed "red flags".

I think we just want to know how to prevent such atrocities but I don;t think we always can. He was anti-social. Awkward. Could not hold a job. May have been into taxidermy in an area where people love to hunt and probably would not see that as a sign of danger. Too many people like him everywhere.

15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 #RememberingCupcake

I would be more comfortable with either public approach. And I'm not saying Jayme should necessarily be kept from knowing what is said. Just that seeing his father make a statement on the news or in a courtroom is very different from receiving a private note or card from the father. I'm having trouble verbalizing exactly why I feel this way. I guess I feel like there needs to be public accountability for words said by a perp's family members to a victim/victim's family in a case like this. Less of an opportunity for anything to be misconstrued or hinted at. MOO.

cody22, Mom24, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

True. But even altogether I don't think it means much. Because there are millions of people who display similar characteristics and far, far worse. Like constant threats to harm people. Total inability to control anger. Lengthy criminal histories. Etc.

This guy is nothing in comparison. IMO. There are too many people just like he was, who do nothing wrong at all. So it would not be rational for us to expect society or teachers or his family to treat his behavior like an emergency. No way to predict this.

IowaMom4, 8paws, Wild Rose and 15 others like this.
  17. JCzMum

JCzMum Active Member

In the LE release, I recall reading the position of how they found the first body behind the front door. It went on in such detail that it made perfect sense that at least some of the dining room furniture would have evidence on it. Can’t find the document at the moment

18. Mandie K

Mandie K Well-Known Member

Patterson's maternal grandfather described the 21-year-old as a "nice boy, polite."
    Patterson was "shy and quiet," Moyer said, and often "backed off from crowds."
    “Computer games were more of a priority than social interaction," Moyer noted.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...idnapping-jayme-closs-clues/story?id=60397002

8paws, Jim_M, PommyMommy and 8 others like this.
  19. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

I
    I was simply wondering if she was duct taped or tied up! I was,NOT blaming or denying that she was a victim!

LietKynes and Mistermagoo like this.
  20. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

bumping Tricia's post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.