Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been considering the idea that JPs “confession” was canned. Ie; He said what police wanted to hear. Im not sure where I stand on that but certain things seem oddly specifically aligned to things said by media and LE prior to his capture.

While some saw the confession as bragging ... the more I read it the more I feel a “cat and mouse” vibe. Could be part of his well thought out plan.

Funnily enough, I tend to agree with you. Only you articulated it better than I.

That night after leaving the Closs house — I do think he would want to get off the roads. Otherwiae he runs the risk of being stopped. He had no idea for sure if his car was seen on the way home. If his house was an hour away, but Jayme says she thinks she was in the trunk for 2 hours — I think she was simply terrified and mistaken. Is it possible he drove around a little longer debating whether to pull off somewhere and rape/murder her? Maybe but I doubt it. It would be interesting know how much he had ready ahead of time, back at his houae, for a Jayme arrival. And what’s up with all the cars at hia house? The res Taurus was registered to his sister I believe.
I'm not clear on when he saw her getting off the bus? Was it three years or more recently? He tried two different times but cars were there. I think he was prepared for her arrival. Perhaps not personal items but food, water and snacks probably brought up by his father or other family members. Seems he was the golden child not having to work but living free of household expenses. Enablers. How I hate them.

Yikes - per the article linked above, FBI agent Brad Garrett stated to ABC news that "studies suggest 70 percent of people who commit abductions were abused as children, physically or psychologically, which can create a pattern of rage (this does not mean all people who are abused then go on to abuse others)."

I had no idea the percentage was that high.

Have we heard anything more about him, his origins, any difficulties or bizarre behavior, etc.? Has his family spoken?

I wish we would hear from them. I would have to say something if that scum was my son. JMO How about, "We are devastated and appalled by the crimes our son has committed. Jayme, we are truly sorry for what happened to you. We pray that your healing will be complete and quick. Know that to our dying day, we will lift you up in prayer and wonder what on earth happened for us to have raised such a monster. To the media we ask for privacy and from others, we covet your prayers." JMO Yep, that would be our response.

Some people were asking if the police had dash-cams, and if they looked at vehicles they passed on the way to the crime scene.

Yes. Barron Co has cameras mounted on their squads. Yes, I understand there is video of vehicles deputies passed on their way to #JaymeCloss house on 10/15. Yes. They looked at that video as part of their investigation. And no. They didn't realize one was a get-away vehicle.

Paul Blume on Twitter

I wish we would hear from them. I would have to say something if that scum was my son. JMO How about, "We are devastated and appalled by the crimes our son has committed. Jayme, we are truly sorry for what happened to you. We pray that your healing will be complete and quick. Know that to our dying day, we will lift you up in prayer and wonder what on earth happened for us to have raised such a monster. To the media we ask for privacy and from others, we covet your prayers." JMO Yep, that would be our response.

I too am a bit surprised that the family has not issued a public statement, not that I am in anyway judging them for not doing so. I am also wondering if the parents have had warrants served on them to search their computers, homes etc. for any information or evidence since Jake visited his Mom's and Grandma's, that we know of, while Jayme was captive.

That night after leaving the Closs house — I do think he would want to get off the roads. Otherwiae he runs the risk of being stopped. He had no idea for sure if his car was seen on the way home. If his house was an hour away, but Jayme says she thinks she was in the trunk for 2 hours — I think she was simply terrified and mistaken. Is it possible he drove around a little longer debating whether to pull off somewhere and rape/murder her? Maybe but I doubt it. It would be interesting know how much he had ready ahead of time, back at his houae, for a Jayme arrival. And what’s up with all the cars at hia house? The res Taurus was registered to his sister I believe.
I doubt Jayme had any concept of time while in the trunk unless she had some type of time device. She had to be very cold by the time Patterson arrived at the cabin/house. :(

Well this is terrifying!
pg. 11 of the complaint. The BBM i believe is meant to read out, not it. imo

"The defendant stated he initially kept the loaded shotgun near a door outside his room with the three remaining shells for protection in case the police came. The defendant stated after about two weeks, he removed the three shotgun shells and placed them in a drawer in an end table on the main floor of the house. The defendant stated he took the empty shotgun and placed it in the trunk of a white car that was broken down in the yard. The defendant indicated the shotgun would either be in the car, or, if his father had found it, would have been moved into the house."

Page 11 of the criminal complaint: he drew a diagram of his house/property and indicated the garbage can in which he discarded the stolen plate.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf
I see that. But why would he discard the stolen plates when he took Jayme?
idk. It sounds off to me. But I do think he wanted LE to think he was that smart, changing plates. Le would have found the stolen plates during their investigation so that will come out if true.

Last edited:
Finally caught up. I got to the end of the previous thread and was about to post when we got locked down. LOL

Now I'm caught up again.

In all my years here, I've read many troubling documents, complaints, etc. etc., but never have I ever felt as uncomfortable, horrified, and uneasy, as I did yesterday reading that document. I actually can't explain it. My insides were actually "flipping" and tears were streaming down my face.

That poor child. To witness what she witnessed, and to endure what she has endured over the last several months, would bring the strongest adult to their knees. But not Jayme. She kept her wits about her and she saved herself. I have so much admiration for this young girl.

My heart breaks for her parents, especially her mother. I can't imagine the terror of realizing that your husband is dead, and the monster looming over you wants your child. She knew why he came there. She knew he was going to take Jayme. I can't imagine the terror.

I'm happy that Jayme has such a close extended and loving family. She's got a lot to deal with and it's going to take time but I think she's going to be OK.

MOO

Jayme having family, who will care for her, is wonderful.
If Jayme didn't have family, there would be other, professional people, to help her through the next few years.
Thank goodness, our society is now well informed to aid in such cases.
MOO.

Well this is terrifying!
pg. 11 of the complaint. The BBM i believe is meant to read out, not it. imo

"The defendant stated he initially kept the loaded shotgun near a door outside his room with the three remaining shells for protection in case the police came. The defendant stated after about two weeks, he removed the three shotgun shells and placed them in a drawer in an end table on the main floor of the house. The defendant stated he took the empty shotgun and placed it in the trunk of a white car that was broken down in the yard. The defendant indicated the shotgun would either be in the car, or, if his father had found it, would have been moved into the house."
I think it has the same implication.

If his father found the gun, he would have brought it inside.

Apparently he was used to picking up after his son.

He wouldn’t want his gun to be left outside.

Closs Kidnapper Voted While She Was Captive
The timeline of activities of JTP after his alleged October 15th abduction of 13-year old Jayme Closs and murder of her parents in Barron County is certain to be of interest to authorities who are pursuing kidnapping and homicide charges against the 21 year old.

We can be of assistance regarding the date of Tuesday, November 8th. While Closs was held captive under his bed in a ramshackle cottage in the Douglas County village of Gordon, Patterson left her alone to make a 65-mile trip to Haugen, located in Barron County. At some time during the day, he went to the village hall, and cast his ballot in the general election before returning to his victim. Although Closs was kept captive in his Douglas County home, Patterson listed his home address as a residence in the Village of Haugen for voting purposes. The address corresponds to that of his mother and stepfather.

It was not the only time Patterson left Closs to make the 130-mile round trip. It has been reported that he also visited his mother at her home on January 10th — the day that Jayme was able to make her escape from her captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam