Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

To respond to paramedic help, given the situation paramedics would not have been brought in until the scene was cleared, it's too dangerous. The last thing they need is a shootout with a an ambulance and paramedics on scene. So they instead get the child out, to a hospital where she can be properly triaged and safely taken care of, get any potential hostages away and find the criminal.

8paws, 24Roses, Alcina and 29 others like this.

2. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

already answered

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    LaborDayRN and DizzyB like this.
  3. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

A lot of cars past midnight?

8paws, human, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

When I heard this 911 call I was confused as to why the operator asked if JC was "running". No one has brought it up, but yet I'm still confused by why she would ask such a question. .

Andreee and gngr~snap like this.
  5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Cops should be trained to drive fast in all condition. I have seen police chase videos of cops driving over 100 mph on snow and ice in heavy traffic. They can do it, when they want to.

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

In the last thread there were detailed discussions including where the deputies were when responding to the 911 call in Douglas - they were not close and comments that show no knowledge of this information I’m just scrolling by - I feel certain all of those involved in keeping Jayme safe after she broke free are amazing IMO

IntoTheWind, Confusion, TRB and 33 others like this.
  7. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I don't believe she was ever taken to the hospital. She was taken by police car to the police station, even after medical help was requested for her.

8. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

No one is ever trained to drive on ice. You might be trained on how to respond to ice, and drive on snow, but ice is not something you learn to drive on.

IntoTheWind, Katharine, TRB and 38 others like this.
  9. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Does it really make any sense to you that LE didn't get there as fast as they possibly could? And, they weren't driving on highways to get there, and had decisions they had to make en route about getting to Jayme AND getting to the killer perp's house before he had a chance to elude them again.

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Check out the last thread one WS poster pointed out the location and miles away of the responding officers / this is a rural area

Sjm_qc, human, Abba's Tears and 13 others like this.
  11. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

She was eventually taken to the hospital where she spent one night.

Sheriff says "Jayme is the hero in this case," updates investigation

IntoTheWind, TRB, MsMarple and 29 others like this.
  12. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Former Member

This has probably been discussed but I can't keep up. The fact that JP appeared to have no plan to keep Jayme, ie prepped room or similar, is incredibly odd. And he knew people would be coming to visit, such as his father.

It seems that he may have never planned on keeping her beyond a day, days, weeks; which is horrifying to think about.

He also said he would shoot at LE if he was stopped. This is pretty close to suicidal. No long term plan there either. Could the most important part of his "fantasy" be to kill people in cold blood? Like a video game.

And I wonder if Jayme somehow switched something in JP that made him unable to take further action. Executing people he never met before would be easier than killing a child that you were with for 88 days. This theory assumes that he had a shred of humanity, which might be a reach.

13. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

She absolutely was taken to the hospital where she spent the night before being reunited with her family the following day.

"Jayme Closs has been reunited with her aunt, Jennifer Naiberg Smith, today at the hospital, according to Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald."

Jayme Closs reunited at hospital with aunt

IntoTheWind, Alcina, Sjm_qc and 32 others like this.
  14. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

Missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs' family celebrates her return

"Jayme was taken to a hospital Thursday night and held overnight for observation."

15. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

No amount of training can keep anyone's car from flying off ice. No! 4 WD also does not allow one to drive on ice. Look, I've been driving on ice all week. This is just a nonsense statement.

16. InquisitiveMindedJen

InquisitiveMindedJen Member

Nobody is actually able to 'drive' on ice. If you are able to, then great for you.

These Wisconsin police had other things on their mind, such as what to expect when they got to the destination. Everything happens on a scale of seconds, not minutes or hours.

IntoTheWind, TRB, Alcina and 21 others like this.
  17. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Perhaps she was trying to find out if she was being chased which would have made the situation much more urgent.

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Father of Jayme Closs' Alleged Kidnapper Apologizes to Her Family in Letter
    The father of the man accused of kidnapping 13-year-old Jayme Closs apologized to her family after his son appeared in court via video conference Monday.

PP, the father of 21-year-old suspect Jake Patterson, sent a handwritten note to Jayme's family expressing sorrow and shame at the murder of her parents and her kidnapping.

"He wanted my family to know that he was sorry and he was crying," Jayme's cousin JA told Inside Edition.

Arnold added that she knows the Patterson family is coping with their own grief. In court Monday, Patrick wept openly and left walking hand-in-hand with his other son, Erik Patterson.

"I feel sorry for them," she said. "My heart goes out to them because when these things happen, families don't always know. I don't hold any hard feelings against them. I know they're having their own kind of struggle."

19. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

Fitzgerald does not have a good answer, IMO. I’m guessing that once they obtained statements from JP and JC, they had an UH-OH! moment. Suddenly, they realized they had in their possession that night a fairly detailed description of the Taurus — and did nothing with it. Just admit it, would be my advice. Everyone makes mistakes. :\

8paws, rogue ant, Alcina and 13 others like this.
  20. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

iirc, JC was taken to the hospital and kept overnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.