Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am miffed at everyone who posts about Jayme Closs and possible SA. Stating, I hope they don't release this info, Jayme shouldn't have to go through this etc This is not directed at anyone in particular and I respectfully say this. You are doing the very thing you say you hope doesn't happen. Out of respect for Jayme SA should not be discussed here. The mods have requested this also.

I get the impression that horrible things happened and they're trying to let this poor girl keep her dignity. They don't want all her classmates to know the details of what she went through. I actually appreciate that. Being in middle school is tough. Imagine navigating those waters with the shame of what happened to you being public information.
Shame? What has Jayme got to be ashamed of?

I agree with a lot of this and definitely think the military stuff factored into his crimes. He did have some military books in the house from what i have read, so he was probably obsessed in some way with all that, and i agree the big FU to everyone, IMO.
Such a shame he got that job and fixated on Jayme and her family in passing by their home if that's how it all really went down with him when he told LE his story, :(
If it hadn't been Jayme it just would have been someone else. I think he had thought about abducting a girl for quite some time. He just hadn't decided who until he saw Jayme that day.

Last edited:
I get the impression that horrible things happened and they're trying to let this poor girl keep her dignity. They don't want all her classmates to know the details of what she went through. I actually appreciate that. Being in middle school is tough. Imagine navigating those waters with the shame of what happened to you being public information.
What happened to Jayme was horrific not shameful.

Couldn’t agree more. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Oh if it is like it is supposed to be, he will getting his *advertiser censored** out of bed in the morning, every morning for the rest of his life, even without motivation or a goal. If he is what he seems which is lazy, entitled and hates authority, he is going to hate his life going forward. No sentence is enough for what he did though is it? I daresay he is not going to be eating at the local bar ever again while she is probably hungry and captive at his home but I hope he enjoys no alcohol, no caffeine and all those other things I do not doubt he is used to. It is not nice but I hope he is walked by the worst of the worst when he is taken into prison--maybe that just comes from movies...?
I get how you feel completely. I'm mad as heck too and not feeling very nice toward JP either.

I'm torn between whether he is a suicide risk or not in jail. I can definitely see him ending it instead of trying to conform to prison life, I don't think we have information about him yet. There are such conflicting stories in the media. I most want to know if the story about 'loving his dog Rosie (?) is true or not.

I get how you feel completely. I'm mad as heck too and not feeling very nice toward JP either.

I'm torn between whether he is a suicide risk or not in jail. I can definitely see him ending it instead of trying to conform to prison life, I don't think we have information about him yet. There are such conflicting stories in the media. I most want to know if the story about 'loving his dog Rosie (?) is true or not.
Who cares if the perp loved his dog? Not meaning to be rude but really what if he did? He has admitted to killing 2 innocent people.

It's on the tape. The dispatcher diverted the EMS to a staging area, to wait. Then the police then took her out of the area.
Are you law enforcement? This is typical practice when EMS safety is in question. There is no way they would put her in an ambulance with JP on the loose in the area. It would be a dereliction of duty to put JC and EMS safety in peril that way.

There was an instance a bunch of years ago where a man was shot on his front porch, shooter still in the area and not secured. EMS was there, on site, however my husband - a patrol officer at the time was the one who retrieved the injured man and transported him until it was safe to turn him over. He needed medical attention that my husband could not provide but still they did not send EMS into that situation. It would have been no help to the victim.

Ok Sheila, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It sounds like you had a wonderful hospital and I’m glad your medications are helping. I hope every day will become easier for you. Thank you for sharing what you’ve gone through and helping me understand what it could be like for JC. She is so blessed to have such a loving family who will always be there for her.

Oops, just noticed the autocorrect! Wish I could change my first word to oh (as intended). I’d also like to add that I’m so impressed with JC’s close, loving family. None of us have likely ever had to go through such an experience. I’m sure they’re receiving advice from professionals and the decisions they have to make each day are difficult and are being carefully chosen to protect JC and help her heal. JMO

If it hadn't been Jayme it just would have been someone else. I think he had thought abducting a girl for quite some time. He just hadn't decided who until he say Jayme that day.
I wonder if he will ever talk - i.e. when did he begin thinking abducting a girl was an option he could pursue? IMO

If it hadn't been Jayme it just would have been someone else. I think he had thought abducting a girl for quite some time. He just hadn't decided who until he say Jayme that day.

She may not realize it yet but on top of saving herself, she probably saved possibly hundreds of future victims of his. At 21, he could have a lot of years/decades ahead of him of doing such things and refining as he went. From what we allegedly know, LE had no clue about him, his father was in the house, etc. and did not realize, he would have gotten away with it but for her escaping.

From what we can see, all of the stars in the northwoods of WI aligned that night (or early evening)--not only did she get away but they also apprehended him and thankfully Henry wanted a walk, JN decided to go to her cabin, and more.

No one can ever bring her parents back or erase what happened to her but a great ending to a total tragedy where some cases, sadly, do not result in the missing coming home.

Now bring on the justice.

I guess another way to look at this shame idea is this. If you are a 5 foot 6 inch 130 lb. man and a 6 foot 2 inch 200 lb. man beats the daylights out of you in a parking lot, is that shameful? The variable here is sex and man o man we need to haul ourselves out of the dark ages. My opinion only !!!

I wonder if he will ever talk - i.e. when did he begin thinking abducting a girl was an option he could pursue? IMO

If I had to guess, there is much more than is in the complaint. If I also had to guess, now that he has lawyers, they will advise him not to talk and that will be the end of it UNLESS he is one of those that has the narcissistic (is that the right term?) need to have that attention and ignores advise of counsel.

Someone awhile back brought up BTK and I will never forget him on TV, he made me ill, acting as if he was giving details, etc. for closure for families when he was eating every bit of it up inside--one could just tell. He went on forever. I was mad at the networks for carrying it and yet understood of course they would cover it and it disgusted me to watch him as well. There is a reason in some cases they include the fact they cannot every publish anything, or have attention from movie makers, etc., an online presence and more. I think two that were given those kinds of rules were him and Scott Peterson... Good move to add those to the sentences of those two. In my opinion anyhow.

I am sure he was testing her on many occasions to see if she would run. She waited until the right time to leave. The shoes...he probably hid hers to keep her from running or disposed of them after the crime because of ‘crime residue.’ He probably had shoes laying about, saw them, and she knew she needed them to walk in the area....rocks, dirts, twigs etc. But by wearing his shoes, she had his DNA!

Oh my gosh, this never occurred to me. But you are exactly correct that in wearing his shoes, her DNA and his DNA will be in those shoes.

And how smart she was also to put them on the wrong feet so that they would fit better. Just how unbelievably smart she was.

I do agree with others, she should get the $50,000 and I think that will happen. Moo

What happened to Jayme was horrific not shameful.

I understand that, but in the mind of a 13 year old girl and her 13 year old friends - with everyone looking at you and knowing - she will feel shame. Everyone will know. Only therapy can take that shame away. Like walking into school naked - IMO. She should not have to be ashamed - she did nothing wrong - and she'll get there eventually. Human beings feel shame about sexual assault. Especially at a young age when you have no real world sexual experience to compare your situation to. It will be easier for her to process her trauma if the whole world doesn't know the nitty gritty details of her assault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member