Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCIntriguedIN30

TCIntriguedIN30 Well-Known Member

I believe I read he wasn't too much into the technology world he mostly read books and journals, I will go look for the article now.

Former friend of Jake Patterson: 'There were no red flags'

Gardener1850, human, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.

2. Cher352

Cher352 Well-Known Member

snipped
    Really? I had not hear that. I heard stolen plates but not that they were from the C's home.

3. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

Agree that isolation works to JTP's advantage of illusion and image control.
    To my mind this is a major lesson that the public ought understand activity up to an incident as being suspicious as well.

Hardly BCSD's fault that the signs they shared for public to watch for were a well established pattern 'before' JC's kidnapping, would have taken marginal effort for anyone who knew JTP to ask themselves whether these things applied to anyone they knew. They accepted these signs as 'normal', therefore discounted the homicides & kidnapping in the world in general.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

"Prior" was your word, not mine.

I believe I said "at the start" which would have been, according to what we know, within 5 or so minutes he passed by the police with Jayme in the trunk of the car. Coincidentally, he and the police passed each other again "at the end" of the crime 88 days later during her rescue. She was in the police car that time, however, thankfully.

5. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Sexy

Perfect! Just reading in the CC that JP told DC to tape Jayme's mouth shut brought me to tears. No mother should ever have to endure such pain. I would be banned in a heartbeat if I posted what I truly feel.

Stay strong Jayme and know that many people love you.

Bluepopsicle, Alcina, jash and 16 others like this.
  6. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

There is a vast difference in being shy, introverted, preferring quiet places to noisy ones and true anti-social behavior. :)
    The person who is anti-social disordered may well be introverted, but anti-social personality includes disruptive acts characterized by covert and overt hostility and intentional aggression toward others.

This is the short version of the long clinical description but it should alleviate the fears of some, if there truly are any.
    It is a fact that most people have more introversion than extroversion in their personalities. It's normal. :cool:

7. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

It doesn't say he stole the plate from their yard. bbm

"On one of the nights, prior to his third trip to the Closs home, he stole the license plates off a vehicle parked in a yard."

Bluepopsicle, Alcina, jash and 16 others like this.
  8. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Page 8 of the Complaint says that on one of the nights prior to the actual kidnapping, he drove several miles down the road near Sarona and stole license plates from a vehicle in a yard. Not from JC's home.

Bluepopsicle, Alcina, jash and 20 others like this.
  9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

We know he voted maybe she saw his voter registration card ?

10. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

This is what I was replying to as well. You can have anti-social or quiet people living in any kind of place. Anti-social personality disorder (which is much different from just being "quiet" or being an introvert) does not limit itself to big cities. Not everyone in small towns is sociable. Sooo many other things go into that besides the population. <modsnipped personal anecdote>

In JP's neighborhood, apparently not everyone who had a place there even lived there year round. It is both surprising and not surprising that few, if any, seemed to know him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
  11. Cher352

Cher352 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is what I remembered and why I questioned the post saying they were from the C's.

12. mtnlites

And maybe he just told her. We just don't know how he spent his time with her. He could have been prone to speechifying.

oviedo, Jo in Calif, tnith and 3 others like this.
  13. TCIntriguedIN30

TCIntriguedIN30 Well-Known Member

maybe mail laying around?

14. mtnlites

Yes! That's a good way of describing it.

15. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I can picture this guy sitting around casually talking to Jayme. About himself.

Ellmau, Bluepopsicle, Alcina and 21 others like this.
  16. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

Something very strange about this situation, mother taking on JTP general mail while father shelters him?

What is going on that the Eau Claire Estates address wasn't sufficient?

If we can presume JTP picked up his mail at his mother's home, legally living 'off the radar' at the father's property, driving sibling's vehicle (likely fueled from siphoned gas), soliciting strangers money to do random tasks, while building an impressive resume as a 'quitter'... these smaller aspects all sound like trouble even if not added together.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2019
    farmerbrit, human, ab01 and 3 others like this.
  17. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

And they were just common ordinary people. Working to provide for their daughter. Bothering no one just being normal. Makes me sick that this *** had the gaul to do such horror!!!

MrsM, Bluepopsicle, Alcina and 13 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Exactly. These weren’t people who engaged in risky behavior, or surrounded themselves with unscrupulous people.

Just a couple of middle aged, middle class parents, trying to raise their daughter.

No one deserves anything like this, but it seems especially tragic when the victims are innocent in every way.

19. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

Every notorious case creates wagging tongues.

Some are sympathetic, but many tend to direct highly critical questions as often as they can, and as close as they can to the victim/s of the crime.

Bandwagons form with a craving for blood, and they are Vindictive.

It's NEVER about the targeted person, so much as how the event confronts what others think & feel, and they enjoy lashing out to those with least control over these tragedies.

Why this isn't repeated as an automatic reminder here, I'll never know.

angelainwi, PommyMommy, human and 3 others like this.
  20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe the OP was implying how this went "full circle" with JP and LE. Their paths crossed at the beginning, and at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.