Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Were his shifts at Jenny-O and the cheese factory at night too?

human and tnith like this.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

We had a lot of debate about that on here. I felt the same way, she was the motive.

I can see the flip side though, an attack motivated by vengeance.

If that was the case, Jayme would have been kidnapped, and quickly murdered.

It’s an unusual scenario, but so is what this turned out to be.

chili367, Jim_M, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  3. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I knew I had read that statement by Mr. Kofal.:eek:

Jim_M likes this.
  4. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. It seems that young people today are learning things much differently than we did. She may well understand that there's no shame in her part. Could go either way really.

Jim_M, mgeni, Ibiz and 5 others like this.
  5. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

I truly hope you're right.

6. Lillymac

That was always the piece that to me did not fit.

Ibiz and SeekingJana like this.
  7. SeekingJana

SeekingJana May I be the person my dogs think I am! :)

Most ASPD violent offenders are suicidal at some point after capture and incarceration starts.
    In a nutshell, the suicide statements we have as anecdotes to the thoughts which are prominent in the suicidal ideation are:
    I HAVE TO BE OUT THERE KILLING AGAIN AND HUNTING MY NEXT PREY.

I CAN'T LET THEM WIN BECAUSE THEY ARE STUPID AND I AM A GENIUS. ( although their thought would not be " prey" but much cruder towards potential victims)

NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO, SO I'LL SHOW THEM BY ELIMINATING MYSELF.

human, Jim_M, Lavender Moon and 5 others like this.
  8. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I really do think that seeing that car should have risen LE's suspicions enough to check it out and send out a public alert, after seeing the horrible murder scene at the house afterwards a short distance away.

jash, human and kkdj like this.
  9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I always thought Jayme was the target. Nothing else ever made any sense.

10. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Self Delete a bit OT

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    MassGuy likes this.
  11. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

If you’d like to send a card of encouragement/hope to Jayme, here’s the addy. (I know she won’t be able to read every card, but she will see the amount of them and from all the different states and countries, to know we’ve NEVER given up hope that she’d get back home safe.)

Light the Way Home for Jayme
    PO Box 539
    Rice Lake, WI

Bluepopsicle, jash, NYatheart and 6 others like this.
  12. Lillymac

13. Lillymac

But, they didn't know she hadn't been murdered.

WiscoDetect, human and MassGuy like this.
  14. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

IDK if it's been stated. J O was through a temp service I believe.

15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Nope, they sure didn’t.

Either way, target or not, she was almost certainly dead.

That’s why her safe recovery was such a shock.

SeekingJana, human, Ibiz and 5 others like this.
  16. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

It was stated he did this in order to be close to grandfather...?? Correct??

Liquor store makes 0 sense... it’s human interaction all day... unless he wants to talk to people about jayme all day don’t get this...
    Maybe steal 2 cases of liquor and quit day 2.
    still think he did recon or looked at aftermath of his crimes online...

Look at moms computer/ grandpa computer search history

He knows importance of wiping down dna on bullets... posting job on indeed.. and didn’t research clossess or his crimes impact.. I still say he’s got electronic trail hidden somewhere...what computer game was he playing... that should tell u something.

17. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

EMS is not allowed into a scene until it is secure. When LE arrived at the K's house, the bad guy was still on the loose. It was not safe for EMS to enter the perimeter.
    The officers on the scene decided that the safest course of action for all involved was to remove JLC immediately. She rode with a female officer, with a male officer following. The third officer stayed in the home guarding the K family & JN.
    When they passed JTP on the way out, the female officer with JLC kept going while the male officer following turned and followed JTP.
    I don't recall seeing whether the officer delivered JLC to EMS waiting at the perimeter, or proceded to take her directly to the hospital.

18. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

It's incredibly heartbreaking to see how this has ripped their community apart.

However.

They all just really need to get it together and face the facts. There was a demon in their midst, who'd duped them all into accepting deviance as 'just another one of us', and the sooner everyone starts putting together the pieces that 'didn't add up' (i.e. reporting incidents & dates) the better chance of a solid prosecution.

It very much matters sorting out why JTP went out of his way to evade his address, whether break ins or unexplained tampering of property was occurring, Wisconsin children mentioning strange activities coming & going from school.

Given that JTP applied online, we might consider this evidence against claims he wasn't a 'netizen'.

"Officials with Saratoga Liquor Co. in Superior said Thursday that they received an online job application from Patterson around midday on Jan. 10.
    According to the application supplied to the Associated Press by the company, Patterson was trying to land a night position at the company’s warehouse. Company officials said they wouldn’t have hired him due to his lack of experience, the AP reported."

Jake Patterson, suspect in Closs case, was discharged early from Marines because of character issues

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    chili367, jash, Jim_M and 5 others like this.
  19. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I hope there are professionals such as LE/FBI who review all incoming mail, letters, pkgs prior to them reaching Jaymes family. Anything even remotely less than supportive or positive needs to be destroyed. Anything from the perps family needs to be preserved in a secure location for the future should Jayme ever get to a point she needs it to heal. Any weird nonsense needs to be thoroughly investigated.

20. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Every thoughtful gift given in this world makes it a better world. I can see Jayme having her little girlfriends over to open the packages and everyone sharing in the bounty. I picture the many pretty cards stuck all over the walls of her room in her aunt's house. I have a granddaughter about her age and little gifts bring great delight. Keep doing what you do and don't let anyone diminish the importance of it.

Bluepopsicle, LRMOM, Alcina and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.