Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

The dispatcher sounded like she wanted to make sure Jayme was with the rescuers voluntarily and wasn't going to bolt out of fear or other reasons. By that point lots of people had speculated that this innocent little girl could've been involved (ridiculous IMO), and sometimes victims are just terrified and may not think straight. So I think she was just finding out the mindset of the kid.

IntoTheWind, IowaMom4, 8paws and 37 others like this.

2. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't know how she didn't go insane.

3. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

4. gitana1

BBM. THANK YOU!!! Nice post.

5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I think they should have gotten there as fast as they possible. The first problem was that the operator didn't take the call serious to begin with. She clearly thought it was a hoax. And I agree they were further delayed, because they were making plans. You can hear that on the tape. Which has been a problem at many mass shootings. The cops are outside making plans while people are getting shot inside. The police must respond as fast as possible, and that didn't happen in this case.

Ibiz and tnith like this.
  6. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I'm clear on what taxidermy is and in my state you have to be licensed to do it. I do think its creepy if this guy was dabbling in it at home on his own. But at this point I also take the girl's account with caution anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
    Sjm_qc, Lillymac, Lucyray and 4 others like this.
  7. The Dude

The Dude Tying the room together

I'm truly astonished that anyone would criticize anything that happened on January 10th. From Jayme "Katniss" Closs to the Doctors and Nurses at the hospital, you could not have scripted a better chain of events - especially considering the circumstances and adverse conditions. I guess some people are never satisfied.

8. gitana1

Aww. So gracious.

Kittybunny, 8paws, Trinitee and 22 others like this.
  9. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Have you actually listened to the whole 911 call? During which you can hear the conversation between the 911 dispatcher? The conversations that dispute your assertions LE wasn't in hurry, that the dispatcher didn't inform LE almost immediately that Jayme had escaped, that the dispatcher wasn't working in concert with the folks sheltering Jayme to protect her and make sure she was approached /treated appropriately, etc, etc?

IntoTheWind, IowaMom4, TRB and 25 others like this.
  10. KaaBoom

That should have happened immediately, not later. The social worker even told the operator that. Hospitals are a good safe location. The victim can receive treatment and be interviewed by police at the same time in the hospital.

Rodnester likes this.
  11. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

I think your spot on... I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought plan this, get girl, abuse girl, destroy evidence, possibly off himself... but done in 1/2 days

I think he could have been stunned he got away with it.. then kept her either for needs.. or boredom.. as time went on he only grew in confidence that they had no idea...like he said 2 weeks home free.. if this nut listened to any local am radio he’d have heard the
    Standard theories

Gotta be boyfriend
    Gotta be druggie houseguest
    Gotta be foster cousin
    Gotta be Somali jenni o employee that chopped his fingers off

At some point he had to hear that crap and think ... the idiots in this town have no clue .. even websluethers are debating Somali guy vs panty thief..,

Maybe he got tired of no credit and wanted her to bolt... I don’t know how u pass 3 cop cars after offing 2 people and think... we good.. but he did.

And that Somali guy that chopped his fingers off, he did something..

12. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

And then we'd be having a discussion about how LE killed a mother and her 3 children in a car on the way to the call and how LE drives fast when they want to. But, too bad, this time, with snow and ice on the roads, they should have known better... they're trained to know better. (That's why they behaved exactly as they did... they are trained to know better and they did it just right, imo.)

13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I can tell you from experience that when you are sliding sideways off a road directly toward a telephone pole, even 30 mph feels too fast. We needed all available cops to get there as soon as possible but in one piece! They needed all hands on deck, all cops uninjured and ready, all cars un-crashed, etc. They also needed not to rip down main streets in little towns in between at 100 mph and kill civilians. This is all common sense.

14. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Jana, no one is saying they don't believe him capable of doing those things, what we're saying is the tale is suspect. If it were being reported by ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX as well, then we'd all accept it as verified. DM can be hit or miss on their reporting, and we all know that people come out of the woodwork for a few dollars and a minute or two of fame in these cases. That's the issue, not whether or not we believe he is capable, but questioning the accuracy of the reports.
    The ex-gf states this happened, but we have no proof he threw a dog head on her, routinely played with dead animals, slashed her tires, or even was his gf.
    At this point we're not even sure the pics we've seen are truly the room where JLC was kept, does that mean we don't believe she was held hostage by him? No, it means that we're questioning the validity of the story and the media that is carrying both the gf story and the pics of the inside of the home.
    Those are not excuses for his behavior, they are questions as to the validity of a rumor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
    mahoolin, IowaMom4, TRB and 22 others like this.
  15. cody22

cody22 Former Member

A companion possession who would never leave him alone as his family had?

16. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Masks Are Critical Not Political

JA showed a great deal of empathy here.

17. gitana1

Sometimes I think when things this terrible happens, we as humans aren't satisfied with one mere human being held responsible. I admit, I'm guilty of those feelings at times. We seek ways to find more people to blame because the crime is so unfathomable and big. So, LE failed to stop a random car as they sped toward an unknown crime. They failed to publicize info about that car during the investigation. LE wasn't fast enough getting to an escaped Jayme. His parents enabled him. His parents should've known he was dangerous and worked incessantly to get him "help". Teachers, neighbors, family, friends all ignored clear red flags. And on and on.

Thus far the reality is I can;t see that anyone dropped the ball or didn't do what they were supposed to. I thought the response was great by LE in a rural area like that. But man, even knowing the outcome, listening to the call, you just feel this anxiety, like "Hurry! Before he comes back!!!"

mahoolin, libraryg, wenwe4 and 42 others like this.
  18. KaaBoom

I agree. I don't think he ever thought he would get away with it. He clearly had no plans to keep her long term. In the report it said, that after two weeks, he thought he had gotten away with it. I think he was surprised that he got away with it. Then he had to figure out what to do with her.

19. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

BBM

There's several issues to work out.

-You believe 911 exists to ensure the swiftest possible dispatch

-You believe 911 operators are not required to assess situations as part of their position and duty requirements (this is certainly something to consider)

Therefore,
    -You believe 911 services are responsible to be 'infallible'.

In my humble experience, there is a saying about getting what one wants, and it involved picking 2 of 3 requirements

20. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Yes, that's it. I feel like many of us have explained this but instead of hearing, "I am taking THIS particular publication's story with a grain of salt, though I still believe the guy is a psychopath", people are hearing, "I don't believe he's capable of doing such a thing." And around and around we go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.