Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

The report I read said she was taken immediately to the police department for safety reasons. I believe that was the wrong way to handle it. The social worker requested medical to check on her for shock and hypothermia. I believe the social worker was right. That is what should have been done.

What if the girl had been suffering from hypothermia? She should not have to wait for treatment. That should have been the first priority. As it turned out she did have medical issues, that required a hospital stay. Those issues should have been addressed immediately.

Ibiz and CuriousMaine like this.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I believe he intended on keeping her as long as he could. If he were getting tired of her, he could have killed her. He did tell LE that he would have gotten away with it if he hadn't made a mistake. I think he thought he had pulled off the perfect crime. I do wonder what mistake he was referring to, though. Imo

MsMarple, Chloe_ee, Alcina and 13 others like this.
  3. SeekingJana

SeekingJana May I be the person my dogs think I am! :)

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. :)
    I think it's wonderful that taxidermists have to be licensed. I recently read two professional articles about a man contracting a fatal brain disease from an animal he was attempting to preserve. ( CJD is the disease, and it is horrifying and a variant of BSE, which had an outbreak in part of Europe in 2000 and for a couple of years afterwards).

A 12 year old might not know how sick " roadkill" out on the road in the sun might be to touch, inhale droplets, or otherwise handle, or he might not have cared at all.

What JP did with his maybe preserved roadkill and a dog's head is creepy. What he did to her family's car tires is both criminal and creepy. We are in agreement with this. :)

I believe the young lady's story because 1) She likely does not know the major triad of behavior associated with psychopathy, one being so closely related to torture and abuse of animals and 2) Because it was anonymous, she most likely received small compensation.

I know some people think the DM is a form of digital gossip rag but most, not all, of these same people read news on FB, Twitter, all SM platforms and believe the crap posted there like it's canon. Also, Matt Drudge sources usually between 8-10 articles in a 24 hour period for The Drudge Report from the Daily Mail. The Drudge Report is respected as a news gathering site.

I've been paying close attention to what DM has come out with in the last few months because they published a human interest story about a boy from my hometown area. I had dated the boy's grandfather for many years. The DM got every detail correct, as I was in touch with the family during his horrific injury and eventual passing. The side of his family whom I do not know were the sources quoted but the info was correct in all aspects about the boy's life and tragic injury and death.

Human behavior being what it is regarding what we tell to whom and why and how, I think some people who otherwise would be too reticent to speak out will do so for an incentive they decide is worthwhile. In the case of the boy who passed away, the family wanted the details of his life and struggles to recover known. That was their incentive, not money, as they are wealthy.
    This is JMO, and I am so glad we all have the freedom to read from many news sources and have the right to our beliefs about the truth of the news or human interest or other articles we choose to peruse.

4. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link for that report? I only ask because everything I read gave the impression they transported Jayme to the hospital for evaluation. JMO Thank you.

5. retiredrickyinCO

retiredrickyinCO Denali Take 1st step tht separates dreaming, doing

I respectfully disagree...
    First this is a very rural area. Unlike the Closs 911 call, where the sheriff's office is only a few miles away, the sheriff's office for Douglas County would most likely be in Superior which is I'm guessing at least 40 miles away but who knows where the sheriff's vehicles were. That coupled with the fact the 911 operator was certainly aware of the Closs murders I'm sure she thought it best to have a number of LE respond together to the call and not just send out a lone LE. So, first who knows where the LE vehicles came from as they just wouldn't be hanging around in Gordon. Second, because of the threat the individual would possess as he just murdered 2 people in cold blood I'm sure she thought backup and backup for the backup was the best plan of attack. I read Peter K was armed and at the front door of the house where they all were. And LE removed Jayme as soon as possible to get her out of the area. The operator also requested that LE get in first, before the paramedics, so as not to alarm JP if he saw them. You wouldn't want JP following the paramedics to the K residence with no LE present.

Sometimes it is easy to see faults in how things were handled after the fact but I think considering everything the call was handled just fine. Again this is a very remote area and it is natural for some time before LE can respond let alone if you think there should be backup as well. These smaller, more remote areas, don't have the resources of a big city and just do the best they can with the resources available. That is why Sheriff Fitzgerald in Barron called in state and Federal resources so quick as many are just not available in smaller areas. MOO

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  6. KSinMT

KSinMT Well-Known Member

Exactly. Knowing their limits equates to not driving at high speeds on ice. I live in a part of the country that has snow and ice on the roads a good part of the year and there's no way anyone, no matter how well trained they are, can drive at high speeds on ice in a safe manner. IMO

7. SeekingJana

I thought the operator wanted to know if she was being chased when I heard it.

8. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

BBM

I so agree and L O V E your tagging her "Katniss".:rolleyes::D:cool:

SandyToes, libraryg, Alcina and 12 others like this.
  9. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought they were addressed immediately. Didn't they send emergency medical personnel right away? Isn't that what they are trained to do? Treat people in shock or who are seriously injured?
    I can't believe they would take her to the police station and neglect to have her treated. Where is this information coming from? Imo

10. Gracie55

Gracie55 Well-Known Member

Maybe he just told others his specimens were roadkill. There are other ways to come by dead animals for his projects that he might not have told his family.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
    Indy Anna, human, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  11. Oakland CA

Oakland CA Well-Known Member

Any opinion on "why they wouldn't want to" on this occasion?

12. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Amen!

13. SeekingJana

I know, and it goes both ways regarding the state the animals were in when found. That's the part I hope is discovered as it might shed light on his early childhood behaviors..

He may have tortured animals which were fine and alive.. not dead by any means except his hands, including the dog.
    JMO at this point.

Indy Anna, MsBetsy, MemPat and 2 others like this.
  14. Blueberry2720

Blueberry2720 Today would be a fine day for an arrest.

15. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Ice. You can hear one of the deputies mention slowing down for a rough patch of ice during the call.

ETA: I see now why you asked this question. My answer stands, but I get what you were trying to say ;)

16. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

You've never driven in rural WI, have you?
    You can't watch a video of a police officer screaming down a highway and compare it to driving on half paved narrow roads covered in ice out in the boonies with deer on either side of the road just waiting to jump into your headlights.

17. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Truer words have never been spoken. Anyone who has actually driven on rural roads covered in snow and ice wouldn't question this.

18. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Yes, I have listened to all 29 minutes and 42 seconds of the call at least once. I have listened to the important parts more. I don't think it was treated appropriately. Aside from their slow response, she should have been transported to a hospital immediately, for two reasons. 1. For safety reasons. Hospitals are good safe secure places. 2. So she could start getting immediate treatment.

19. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I presume mistake was her being able to get away.

20. SeekingJana

I hope so much we can each put Jayme First and foremost before we post.
    Few things are clear cut, but it is clear cut that she was present when her parents were murdered in front of her, and that she endured 88 days of at least deprived circumstances after their murder at the hands of the self- confessed murderer.

JP is not a victim, as far as I know.

I hope we can all support Jayme fully.

IntoTheWind, abr, Indy Anna and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.