Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Here's an excellent article on the response timeline.
    https://www.weau.com/content/news/D...me-Closs-response-took-so-long-504430552.html
    From the article:
    Clearly, to travel those distances in the timeframes they did, they were driving as fast as the conditions allowed.

IntoTheWind, IowaMom4, 8paws and 29 others like this.

2. The Dude

The Dude Tying the room together

She is our metaphorical real-world Katniss.

“Panic begins to set in. I cant stay here. Flight is essential…But I cant let my fear show.” - Katniss Everdeen

But PLEASE let there be no sequels! :eek:

3. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

snipped

THIS. Very rural area here. Curvy roads. Only a couple of officers on duty at any given time. Average time for ambulance or police to get to my house is 20-25 minutes. However, that's if they're at the station. If they're on a mountain on the other side of the county, it could be 45 minutes or longer.

IowaMom4, 8paws, katydid23 and 29 others like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe JA likely witnessed the devastated father in court, and accepted the note in the spirit it was intended. I really don't like what media has attempted to do with this. MOO

5. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

I know there a lot of old timers here (and by that I mean fellow posters who have been posting for a while, not the elderly, although many of us may be dually diagnosed) who tried and tried to find a way to understand the evidence available from the media, even snapping stills of video from the MSM to try and figure out what happened.

I go back to the chair (not necessarily the ties on it, which were discussed for a long time regarding whether someone was tied to it), but the evidence of splintered wood on the underside was a major clue on how the crime went down, based on the location of where James’ body was found and that a shotgun was used. We speculated and speculated, but until the official complaint was published, most thought is was a handgun because that is typically the weapon used in crimes. Then we hear JP chose a shotgun just for that reason.

The complaint: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I have read it twice, now, and the second time was a little easier, but the first time, it was just so awful and shocking.

Mind numbing. I, in no way, expected that was the way it went down. On a scale of 1-10 on how bad the abduction scene was, I would put it at a 10.

6. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

I'm sure they drove as fast as they could, and at some points doing a 100, You do have to slow down for the ice though. If they got in an accident on the way there - what good would that have been for Jayme?

IowaMom4, 8paws, katydid23 and 26 others like this.
  7. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

The reports I read said she was taken to the police station in a police car. An ambulance could have removed her right away. Hospitals are generally considered a safe secure location where crime victims can receive treatment, counseling, and be interviewed by police all at the same time.

Ibiz likes this.
  8. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Perhaps she was skeptical. Rightly so, she very professionally questioned to determine that it was not a hoax. Fabulous!

That's her job and she asked questions to determine such, moved on. That shows great training that she did that to weed out false information.

Others up thread have explained why she may have asked why she going to run, that was a great question.

I have learned to rely on others here to just read summaries of media posts that are clickbait, and I also have learned other baiting to avoid.

Bluepopsicle, Alcina, MrsM and 17 others like this.
  9. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Jake Patterson Named As Suspect Arrested In Kidnapping Of Jayme Closs

Midway down in this article:

"Officers brought Jayme to a Duluth-area hospital for overnight evaluation. She has since been cleared."

IowaMom4, TRB, Bluepopsicle and 27 others like this.
  10. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8paws, Mickey Mouse, Sjm_qc and 10 others like this.
  11. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

But they didnt capture JP yet. They wanted to get her out of the area - an area they didn't consider safe - because arguably it wasn't.

IowaMom4, 8paws, MrsM and 11 others like this.
  12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

The father of Jake Patterson, accused kidnapper, is apologizing to Jayme Closs and her family. The grief-stricken Patrick Patterson delivered a handwritten note expressing sorrow and shame as Jayme’s family gathered at Jake's arraignment. Jayme’s cousin, JA, said she knows the Patterson family is shell-shocked too. “My heart goes out to them because when these things happen, families don't always know,” said Arnold. “I don't hold any hard feelings against them.”

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought she said, "was she running?" as it was right after the caller said she came up to her asking for help. Imo

14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I hear you loud and clear. And you are brave for ready it twice. My heart is still racing from reading it one time. It reads like a screamingly terrifying horror story that should only be fiction. It sure did explain all the explaining we tried to come up with here on WS and was well beyond what I, at least, could fathom. Hang in there. We are in shock together over this sad tale.

8paws, Bluepopsicle, Sjm_qc and 10 others like this.
  15. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

My thought exactly. Trying to determine if she was being persued.

8paws, abr, Sjm_qc and 11 others like this.
  16. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Okay. Let's lay this to rest. CNN has a transcript of the 911 call.
    Jayme Closs found: The 911 transcript - CNN

From CNN's transcription BBM

The ambulance was not brought to the house because the suspect was still at large. The deputies removed Jayme from the home for her safety. I've read nothing that indicates they took her anywhere other than the hospital.

If you have a source that says they took her to police station, questioned her, and then took her to the hospital, please provide it. Otherwise, I'll believe what is written above and has been provided in other articles linked by other posters.

IowaMom4, Katharine, 8paws and 49 others like this.
  17. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I can't find the story now. It was in the story that said the Sheriff's deputy asked her while she was being driven to the police station, if a car they saw was his. Another deputy then pulled that car over and arrested him.

Doghairrules likes this.
  18. KSinMT

KSinMT Well-Known Member

Yes thank you! Where I'm from we have many rural areas where it would take LE and EMS twice as long to get to, maybe longer. so I really didn't think 30 min was that bad. I'm sure it seemed like an eternity to everyone involved and sounds like a long time for people who don't know, but in some areas it could've taken a lot longer.

IowaMom4, Katharine, 8paws and 11 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

Sounds exactly like where I live! It can be very scary. Especially at night.

8paws, Chloe_ee, human and 9 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

That's what I'm thinking. He trusted her. So his "mistake" was not really his at all. A subtle way to blame the victim. Imo

8paws, Sjm_qc, human and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.