Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my whole issue with wanting to know where the stairs were. I can't offer criticism over what decisions were made in that house that night, but it would seem that the bathroom essentially sealed their fates. Had at least Jayme made a break for the stairs or patio, things may have turned out very differently. She would have only needed to evade this situation for about 30 seconds (all else being equal with the timeline), and bad guy would have been trapped there by the deputy.

I think we are all thinking what we would do if we hear someone at our door now.

But apparently he thought he was home free after two weeks. I think it’s a possibility he wasn’t stressed again until he found out Jayme was gone. He’s arrogant for sure.

I forgot about that... He did say that didn't he? LOL... The guy is just an absolute ridiculous nut. I dont think he is smart by any stretch of the imagination. I think he planned and prepared for this crime by what he learned through playing video games.

Then Denise would have died in her car.

They were not getting away. This is completely unproductive.

Not really... if he was busy storming/searching the house: they could have been driving away.

Since Sociopaths will lie when a truth is easier to make fit and so forth, his entire statement of " I saw her, I planned to take her ( in those few seconds!!!). I didn't know her name" to " I had a plan to storm the door and take her if it meant killing several people" and " I would have shot police",
we may have a huge collection of LIES upon LIES.

Also, thinking back to Ted Bundy, who is the archetypical ASPD Sociopath, IF his plan didn't go according to his FANTASY, then he was thrown way off. Sometimes, he did extremely bizarre, sadistic and horrible things to MORE people
than was usual for him after a " near capture".

It was a different time, and Bundy preferred using a knife to a gun. He WANTED to see and feel the blood and tissue.
JP SAYS there was absolutely NO blowback from either shotgun blast on to him or his clothing. I think he is SO LYING about this!!!
I don’t believe him because he seems truthful, I believe him because what he says jibes with the known facts here.

This all rings true for me.

I think the Taurus may have been dismissed (as much as I hate to say this) because he was smarter than most murderers/kidnappers/burglars would be. He didn't speed away to make his escape, he calmly pulled over as the law requires when he met LE with their lights flashing.
I think so, too. They can't stop everyone, especially b/c they were heading to a crime scene at full speed. This car looked an ordinary citizen, no reason to suspect. As to the other cars, I don't know what happened, but maybe something a simple as person w/expired license or a warrant tried to avoid the police.

I agree he is lying about a lot of things. The whole "I knew she was the girl I was going to take" statement is bizarre. it insinuates that he was actively looking for a victim, almost as if he thought LE knew he had been looking for a victim. I also don't believe that is how he found her.

the whole thing about him being prepared to shoot cops is a lie. He's a p*ssy.

he is also lying about no blood on his clothes.

I think he has watched a lot of TV and movies, and played a lot of video games. everything about him is disjointed/fragmented with many incongruous pieces. I actually wonder if he has more psychosis/disorganization than ASPD.

Since Sociopaths will lie when a truth is easier to make fit and so forth, his entire statement of " I saw her, I planned to take her ( in those few seconds!!!). I didn't know her name" to " I had a plan to storm the door and take her if it meant killing several people" and " I would have shot police",
we may have a huge collection of LIES upon LIES.

Also, thinking back to Ted Bundy, who is the archetypical ASPD Sociopath, IF his plan didn't go according to his FANTASY, then he was thrown way off. Sometimes, he did extremely bizarre, sadistic and horrible things to MORE people
than was usual for him after a " near capture".

It was a different time, and Bundy preferred using a knife to a gun. He WANTED to see and feel the blood and tissue.
JP SAYS there was absolutely NO blowback from either shotgun blast on to him or his clothing. I think he is SO LYING about this!!!

Not really... if he was busy storming/searching the house: they could have been driving away.
That was a tiny house.

These people went from peacefully sleeping in their beds, to a nightmare straight out of a horror movie.

A man with a gun was chasing them, and I don’t care if they had cheetah speed and a previously planned escape route.

They were not running to a car, starting it, opening the garage, and speeding into the night.

We don’t even know if the layout of the house allowed for this in the first place.

That is beyond unrealistic.

jinx. I just wrote the same thing about video games. I agree with your synopsis.

I forgot about that... He did say that didn't he? LOL... The guy is just an absolute ridiculous nut. I dont think he is smart by any stretch of the imagination. I think he planned and prepared for this crime by what he learned through playing video games.

the responding officer could have called it in and asked for follow up from a back up car. They knew the 911 call was suspect, without knowing anything about the situation. Seems prudent to call it in and get some follow up.

I think so, too. They can't stop everyone, especially b/c they were heading to a crime scene at full speed. This car looked an ordinary citizen, no reason to suspect. As to the other cars, I don't know what happened, but maybe something a simple as person w/expired license or a warrant tried to avoid the police.

That was a tiny house.

These people went from peacefully sleeping in their beds, to a nightmare straight out of a horror movie.

A man with a gun was chasing them, and I don’t care if they had cheetah speed and a previously planned escape route.

They were not running to a car, starting it, opening the garage, and speeding into the night.

We don’t even know if the layout of the house allowed for this in the first place.

That is beyond unrealistic.

Who said anything about opening the garage door? That's how fast I would have been moving after seeing someone shot and killed..

I hope it's acceptable to wonder WHY he didn't plan well for her presence in his house somewhere.
As I think back on the things a Sociopath will do, one is to mimic actions usually from a movie or TV.
Maybe today, a video game.

Perhaps he had seen movies which showed someone storming a door ( SWAT team, the Marines) whatever, and that was the primary part of his criminal mind set, not that it was the GOAL, because abducting Jayme was, but that he was able to " recreate" the fantasy of kicking and shooting a door in easily.

Since he'd never BEEN a caregiver to any person as far as we know, and because I do not think a Sociopath can even THINK in terms of " What will ANY OTHER person need?" or " What will I need to do for this, that and the other thing that may come up?" this may have been his " troublesome area".

He does not discuss or describe much except the haphazard moving of a child sized bed and putting things which were already IN the house around the floor space to keep Jayme in the confined space.

This is something I can see siblings doing as game play OR maybe in anger to actually pin the other one in at around age 8-10. The dumbells and weights being the difference of course, but the larger, heavier child could have used something the younger child couldn't move in the same manner of weights.

We have the info from both Jayme and JP that music was played in his room and Jayme seemed to indicate it was for hours a day. She THOUGHT he had company over every day, lots of people coming and going.
I don't think so. I don't think he's EVER had much but an apparently persistent family or family member coming and going as they pleased since he became the lone tenant.
He was trying to look like a busy man, an important man with MANY FRIENDS, when he'd never been that or had that.
Why would he do so? Probably the sense of " What the movies showed about 21 year olds having friends over every evening and all weekend, in and out, parties etc". He almost certainly did NOT ever have those networks and relationships.

I think he wanted to play some sort of game for hours every day, and DID have some type of Internet access and a device to play on. Maybe it's not been mentioned by him because it wasn't HIS. Also, he stole gas from neighbors. If neighbors who lived close to him had home networks set up with relatively poor security, he could have hacked into their systems and played his game and they would never have known in certain types of internet connections and user preferences.

The other part is the incongruity. " I shot him in the face and he fell". I turned slightly and fired at her, hitting her in the head" which is true, we have every reason to believe, to " I played video games on a stolen tablet while J.L.C.was stuck underneath my old childhood bed for hours every day".

I think he didn't want to change ANYTHING about the things he liked to do in life, whatever horrible things we may or may not find out, and he planned so poorly that he truly could not support the daily captive life like a " real" kidnapper in a movie would have..
He said he hit the wall and screamed to scare her a couple of times. That is AWFUL for her, but it's a stark contrast to the PLANNED violence of what he'd just done to her parents.

Maybe that is how he was treated. The screaming and who knows what else. It scared him so why not think it would work on her.

And no, I do not know that is how he was treated

I don’t believe him because he seems truthful, I believe him because what he says jibes with the known facts here.

This all rings true for me.

That's my problem with his confession. I don't think we have all the facts. He seems to be truthful about what happened at the abduction site. There is at least one discrepancy about what occurred in the cabin: he said he struck the wall, she said he struck her back with a hard instrument. As for prior to the abduction, all we have is his word. He admits to approaching JLC's home 3 times until the right opportunity arose (look how smart I am!), it follows he would stalked other girls that ended up not meeting his criteria - big family, bunch of huge dogs, burglary alarm, some behavior of hers he didn't like.

While we are at it - we don't know this was his first time. Yet given the poor planning at the cabin, I think so.

Who said anything about opening the garage door? That's how fast I would have been moving after seeing someone shot and killed..
Your scenario might work in the movies, but not in real life.

If the layout of the house even allowed for it, Denise and Jayme were not getting anywhere near a car.

That’s assuming that they were able to think clearly in the first place.

I truly do not understand this line of analysis.

These people are dead, and their actions make sense. If you believe that you could have survived this, then that’s fine.

I believe you are dead wrong.

I hope the house as well as the monster’s house is burned to the ground. Many fire depts burn down houses for practice.

Hopefully Jayme’s funds from life insurance, etc make it unnecessary to have the proceeds from the sale of the house.

I really don't know how she, personally, feels about the place that was home for all her life, then was a place of such crime and destruction.
If it's Jayme's decision to make, then it's up to her and that's really all I know. I don't think she would choose burning it down vs. orderly demolition by a demolition crew, though.
JMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member