Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gracie55

Gracie55 Well-Known Member

She's not like Jaycee or Elizabeth in that she was present when both her parents were brutally slaughtered. We don't know details of the 3 months. I don't want to.

It's hard to hear those saying she'll do this or that because she's so strong. That sets a standard she may feel compelled to meet. It's hard to live your life bound by other's expectations. I hope she's allowed to heal with lots of help. Privately.

Wasn't a church involved with having a service? Maybe they'd be able to direct those wanting to help Jayme, or even have a fund or something.

One article said the schools planned to instruct the kids on things to say or not say, as they might innocently blunder and say or do something hurtful. Good idea.

But then, I'd hate to have to live a life where everyone walked on eggshells for fear of my being too fragile. I'm afraid that might annoy me, like no one thought I was strong enough to stand on my own.

And I'm an adult having mixed emotions just reading her dilemma.
    Prayers sweet child. May your guardian angel stay close.

2. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

And where did JP find all this out. I don't know about the trunk cord. Accomplices are unlikely because he seem well-read on crime and it is better to act alone. So - where did he learn all of this. The dark web?

human, Subiechik21 and PommyMommy like this.
  3. SeekingJana

SeekingJana May I be the person my dogs think I am! :)

human, Subiechik21 and PommyMommy like this.
  4. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Respectfully, recovering from PTSD is not a “choice.”

gitana1, Laughing, mtnlites and 14 others like this.
  5. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

the abusive behavior like using anger to instill fear and control victims is usually learned, although men seem to have that behavior genetically inherited. So probably he was treated that way by someone or saw it on TV.

by 21 if your kid isn't doing something with their life, parents often try tough love, like kicking them out. Maybe PP moved out due to being frustrated with JP. He still allowed him to live rent free. I imagine he must have known JP was not able to live like the average, functional person, so maybe he felt obligated or guilty about kicking him out. He surely was in denial about whatever else was wrong with JP.

6. SeekingJana

Or abducted, held hostage and tortured. Some survive, many do not. There is great good in this world, but also great evil.

7. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

That's because JP saw the 911 call. A lesson for all of us - call 911, if you can't speak are not secure, lower the volume the phone, hide it and leave the line open. Yeah...I know...like I would have the presence of mind to do that.

Laughing, Alcina, Ellmau and 11 others like this.
  8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

He was more into books and video games AFAIK. It was reported that he spent a lot of time reading survival guides and Tom Clancy spy novels. IIRC, there was a U.S. Armed Forces Survival Guide found in the home. MOO

Laughing, Alcina, mtnlites and 8 others like this.
  9. SeekingJana

Truer words have not been posted here in a long time.
    Thank you for understanding. If it's from personal experience, I'm so sorry that the understanding came at such a high price.

Laughing, human, Doghairrules and 7 others like this.
  10. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Respectfully, it's the only choice you have if you want to survive. Otherwise why bother with therapy?

ab01 likes this.
  11. The Dude

The Dude Tying the room together

There's things you can do to help secure your environment, but there's no way to prepare for such a bizarre event as this. And the way real life works, you could walk out your door in the morning and get run over by a moose. That's life!

libraryg, gitana1, Laughing and 13 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

You don’t need the “dark web” for these kinds of tips.

Books, television, and Google.

13. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

They start in the basement, and end right above there. MOO

14. Evinrude

Evinrude Well-Known Member

House search would take 20-30 seconds on
    main floor. I know, I have a house similar in size.
    I could literally walk in my front door, search every room, closets, under bed, etc and then go down the stairs and into garage be fore someone could get to my garage, hop in car (assuming keys were in it) and open the door.
    One scenario would be to dash to car, keys are in it, throw the sucker in reverse and drive right through the garage door while trying to stay low in posture so perp doesn’t shoot me.

Sadly, there is nothing that could change the outcome unless James had a loaded gun in hand and waited for the psycho to enter the house and blast the ship out of him.

15. The Dude

The Dude Tying the room together

Being optimistic isn't setting a standard. Besides, do you really think she's reading this forum?

ab01, Subiechik21, Lillymac and 5 others like this.
  16. bronk4

bronk4 Well-Known Member

17. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

He was going for day labor jobs - he was indirectly saying: no criminal record, not an undocumented alien. In that line of business, those are the first questions asked.

Ellmau, human, Subiechik21 and 5 others like this.
  18. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

From what’s bizarrely been stated in multiple places... the parents got divorced on 2008, and they moved out, both Deborah and patruck moved out,, The boys stayed behind..... what .....wtf.

The youngest child is 11 and you both move out ... something isn’t being answered.

What was divorce about and who raised jake from 11 to 18....

Again, not blaming parents, but bailing on 11-15 yr old boys doesn’t sound legal : ethical or sane..

Pizza rolls for breakfast/ never clean room and do whatever...

libraryg, Laughing, wenwe4 and 13 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bet it was "internal." Imo

Alcina, Gardener1850, human and 6 others like this.
  20. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Per the article JP was an average guy until he joined the Marines. Per grandfather
    “It was profoundly disappointing when he didn’t make it in the Marines,” Moyer said. “He had health issues. He wasn’t able to hold up to the regimen.”
    Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.” I remember a recruiter telling me years ago (I don't know if it's true) that basic training can exacerbate and bring to full light previously unknown mental health issues. Just a thought.
    ETA BBM

Traymar, libraryg, Laughing and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.