Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
No license plate number. Not sure of year and thought it was a Ford. Color maroon, but wasn't it red?
To me it would seem a process of elimination. You would have all the DMV resources at your disposal. How many old Tauruses could there be in WI? The deputy specified Taurus, and even described the front black license plate frame. They should have been all over this car. It was the best lead they had. And I can't think of one reason this shouldn't have been the Amber Alert car.

You know, it’s so hard to believe this case was resolved and Jayme was found alive, still only 13 years old. So grateful to all her wonderful extended family and cousins. They all resemble each other. Wonderful people.

As time goes by from her escape, I know there is still going to be attention on how she is doing. This was a very big case and every network covered it.

That amount of attention gives her leverage in self-understanding that she and her family are the victims. I know not every case has that kind of leverage.

I do hope her school friends will put first the day to day aspects of being a friend and fellow school mate, and what happened to her as just an another aspect. There are no perfect kids, and I am sure many of her classmates have stuff they deal with they don’t want to be the cornerstone of their identity at school. The school leadership will set the tone. Hopefully, it will go well, if and when she heads back to the schoolhouse.
I think after maybe a couple of days, her peers and her friends will be one of the major factors in her returning to a sense of normalcy. Teens relate to each other on a level adults have no grasp for. They understand each other..she's already said she wants to see her friends and I think that's what she should do. In fact I'd be surprised if she hasn't.jmo

That car is what bothers me the most. It was 20 seconds from the scene, and was the only vehicle that was passed on the highway by the deputy. To me, that car should have had the major focus in this, and WHY was it not the Amber Alert car?
I recall Sheriff Fitzgerald's press conference, and his response to a media inquiry, crediting FBI, and Wisconsin Dept of Justice for helping initiate the Amber Alert for JC -- without a description of suspect and/or suspect's vehicle (i.e., criteria required for Amber alert).

I'm also baffled on why the Sheriff's latest statement (below) does not correspond with information in the Deputy's report in the cc.

Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said. [bbm]

“We didn’t have any specific information about that car," he said.

Jake Patterson's car was seen the night of Jayme Closs' kidnapping, but cops didn't have enough to pull him over

"Public defender Charlie Glynn tells The Associated Press it appears Patterson is starting the case "behind the eight-ball." Patterson's other public defender, Richard Jones, says investigators have complied 30 banker's boxes of evidence for the defense team to review, and that he's not sure Patterson will get a fair trial in Wisconsin.

Glynn says he doesn't know how Patterson will plead"

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...on-lawyers-warn-confession-may-hinder-defense

You know, it’s so hard to believe this case was resolved and Jayme was found alive, still only 13 years old. So grateful to all her wonderful extended family and cousins. They all resemble each other. Wonderful people.

As time goes by from her escape, I know there is still going to be attention on how she is doing. This was a very big case and every network covered it.

That amount of attention gives her leverage in self-understanding that she and her family are the victims. I know not every case has that kind of leverage.

I do hope her school friends will put first the day to day aspects of being a friend and fellow school mate, and what happened to her as just an another aspect. There are no perfect kids, and I am sure many of her classmates have stuff they deal with they don’t want to be the cornerstone of their identity at school. The school leadership will set the tone. Hopefully, it will go well, if and when she heads back to the schoolhouse.

I would think the best thing will be once trial ends.... or ideally if JTP accepts prison term and it would leave public eye...

if she going to new school next year ?? That’s gotta help ... new building... new routine

I recall Sheriff Fitzgerald's press conference, and his response to a media inquiry, crediting FBI, and Wisconsin Dept of Justice for helping initiate the Amber Alert for JC -- without a description of suspect and/or suspect's vehicle (i.e., criteria required for Amber alert).

I'm also baffled on why the Sheriff's latest statement (below) does not correspond with information in the Deputy's report in the cc.

Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said. [bbm]

“We didn’t have any specific information about that car," he said.

Jake Patterson's car was seen the night of Jayme Closs' kidnapping, but cops didn't have enough to pull him over
Well. I’m glad Fitzgerald cleared that all up for us. :rolleyes:

So I wonder what was so easy in determining the “make, model and other details” of the imaginary Challenger and SUV? Did one of the deputies see those cars, too? :confused:

packages from strangers seems like a huge risk to me. the man arrested isn't the only crazy person out there.

I strongly feel the same way. Cards are ok but they should be monitored before Jayme opens them or donate to an official fund but no packages from strangers who may have potentially become obsessed with the case. Jayme’s future safety has to be priority number one.

To me it would seem a process of elimination. You would have all the DMV resources at your disposal. How many old Tauruses could there be in WI? The deputy specified Taurus, and even described the front black license plate frame. They should have been all over this car. It was the best lead they had. And I can't think of one reason this shouldn't have been the Amber Alert car.
Since it was the only car they saw, I think they should have alerted to it certainly based on the gravity of the crime scene they encountered when they got there. At least a BOLO.
Did the officer just remember he saw that car after the perp was arrested in it?

packages from strangers seems like a huge risk to me. the man arrested isn't the only crazy person out there.
I strongly feel the same way. Cards are ok but they should be monitored before Jayme opens them or donate to an official fund but no packages from strangers who may have potentially become obsessed with the case. Jayme’s future safety has to be priority number one.
Everything is being opened before Jayme receives it.

Packages start arriving offering love and support to Jayme Closs
“Our plan is to go through everything that is received before Jayme gets it, for safety reasons and such,” said Halvorson.

She said they want to make sure there is nothing included that will upset Jayme.

Well, I was (one of) the big idiots that called in a suspicious Dodge. I tipped to the hotline a car I saw in GEORGIA. All that to say, if the plan was to hold the “secret” car that was actually seen on dash cam vid and a patroller who remembers it well, as as a tactic to distract the offender (not sure that was what happened, but it seems I remember there was a tweet from a reporter that said that was the case), it did not work out well. That tweet looked legit, but not sure, IMO. Some of you may recall that tweet.

I know Lou Raguse from local KARE 11 news tweeted (re: the Taurus)

“Circling back to this, authorities withheld that info because it was the best lead they had. They were trying to find a red Taurus owner and didn’t want him to know they had that info and get rid of it.”

Lou Raguse on Twitter

But I’m not sure where he got that info from.

Since it was the only car they saw, I think they should have alerted to it certainly based on the gravity of the crime scene they encountered when they got there. At least a BOLO.
Did the officer just remember he saw that car after the perp was arrested in it?
None of this makes sense.

Even if all they did was release the deputies description as the basis for the Amber Alert car, and did nothing else - I can’t help but wonder if us everyday peasants might have figured it out. You know, like the plate snafu with Denise’s license plates? Instead, we run around like turkeys with our heads cut off with nothing to go on but misinformation. :mad:

There is a PO Box set up for the public to send Jayme cards of encouragement. It’s a great way to show Jayme that we never gave up hoping &/or praying that she’d be home safe again. It breaks my heart every time I think about how JP likely told her nobody was looking for her. She needs to see that she’s in the hearts of many of us both nationally and internationally. Here’s the addy!:)

Light the Way Home for Jayme
PO Box 539
Rice Lake, WI

What a sweet idea. However I hope someone will screen the cards, because the crazies will come out of the woodwork. If you've been on any of the FB pages, you will know it is too scary to let the general public write to Jayme, uncensored.

“Circling back to this, authorities withheld that info because it was the best lead they had. They were trying to find a red Taurus owner and didn’t want him to know they had that info and get rid of it.”

Lou Raguse on Twitter

Gah. But he (Fitzgerald) said in the recent interview (just a few posts back) that they just brushed it aside because of lack of detail. Kinda the opposite of “best lead they had”. The Magic 8 Ball strikes again.

None of this makes sense.

Even if all they did was release the deputies description as the basis for the Amber Alert car, and did nothing else - I can’t help but wonder if us everyday peasants might have figured it out. You know, like the plate snafu with Denise’s license plates? Instead, we run around like turkeys with our heads cut off with nothing to go on but misinformation. :mad:
You're right about headless turkeys .. but that also made me think of the fact this car to my knowledge was not mentioned on any of the many SM sites. So it was a well kept secret.

Lou Raguse on Twitter

That’s it! So strange that decision was made. So many tips came in about the red or orange Dodge muscle car, and then we went on about the types who would drive a car like that... even the rev of them. All the same, any attention to a case is good attention.

No wonder the Sheriff addressed it eventually and said not to pay attention to that lead.

Ethics in media: What to make of the Jayme Closs case
Victim's right's advocates have said Jayme Closs' need to heal outweighs the public's curiosity after she was able to escape a home she was kept in for 88 days and witnessing the deaths of her parents.

KSTP's Leah McLean sat down with University of Minnesota Media Ethics Professor Jane Kirtley to discuss finding the balance.

Watch the video box above for the full story.

sorry if this has been asked before, has it been reported what she was wearing when she ran up to the woman in the woods (other than the shoes that didn't fit)?

As I recall, leggings, socks that seemed too small, and shoes put on the wrong feet. I cannot remember what top she was wearing, but others here will, but all that to say, I am convinced these weren’t the clothes she arrived in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail