Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess cell phone service is in working order since JN was able to call 911. I know there still linger some outlying areas without internet service- usually neighbors have to put up some of the costs. I really think this neighborhood would have done that, but no way to no for sure. Wonder who was footing the bill for either his cell phone or Internet at the house (not to blame, but trying to understand).

At the very least they should have had satellite internet available. I live about as close to being out in the middle of nowhere as one can get in this country, and in the middle of the mountains, and before broadband was available we could still get satellite. It sucked, was just a hair better than dial up, but it was something.

No, some places are burned down by fire departments as training exercises. The one I watched was a property that had been bought by the city for road expansion. The fire department prepped the building how they wanted it. The actual burn of course was scheduled and well supervised. It seemed like they were having a hard time to get it to really all burn, but I later found out that they had actually lit it and put it out several times. By the last time I think things were pretty soggy. They got plenty of good training out of it.
Yes, I've seen that as well. The fire trucks were going back and forth for a couple of weeks, sirens blaring, and at first I couldn't understand how there could be so many fires!
They were using an abandoned house for training purposes.
Is that what is being implied, that they will do this with the Closs home? Imo

Is he is in solitary? I would assume so since this case is so big.

Absolutely that was said somewhere. It’s amazing to me how publications like Radar get leads that seem to be close to the source- they’d have to have a very high price to do so. I will say, when I read articles on abcnews.com or cnn.com, it seems like old news, to be fair. Also, the Daily Mirror. Can’t quite wrap my mind around how an online UK webazine gets quotes from the fam like they do.

Anyway, great ideas shared tonight that opened my eyes on some things. Jayme is still of interest to so many. Night, all.
Thanks for posting. I've wondered about Daily Mail myself, but I'm sure they have full operations here in the US. And obviously no constraints!!

That's because JP saw the 911 call. A lesson for all of us - call 911, if you can't speak are not secure, lower the volume the phone, hide it and leave the line open. Yeah...I know...like I would have the presence of mind to do that.

You might. She had the presence of mind to block the door with the drawer. That was brilliant.

Joe Soucheray: Jayme Closs case shows evil, miracles can find us
Embarrassment sets in. An apology seems called for. From the moment Jayme Closs was taken after the murder of her parents on Oct. 15, 2018, until her miraculous reappearance among the living Jan. 10, we held out suspicions, we constructed scenarios: she must have known him; there had to be a connection; the sheriff, Chris Fitzgerald, wasn’t telling us everything.

By “we,” I mean all of us. We are simple human beings and we need things to make sense. We need a set of extenuating circumstances so we can put things in boxes, line things up in a row, rivet together loose ends. Nothing will excuse the horrific mayhem that young Jayme endured, but if there was an ending we could at least pretend that we could set out to understand what happened.

There was nothing to explain the mayhem.

Nothing.

Which leads to only one conclusion. The child was the victim of pure evil, there being no other explanation plausible. There is evil in the world and we all saw it firsthand and this young girl had to experience it. She did not know him. There was no connection. The sheriff was telling us the truth every step of the way.

Yes, I've seen that as well. The fire trucks were going back and forth for a couple of weeks, sirens blaring, and at first I couldn't understand how there could be so many fires!
They were using an abandoned house for training purposes.
Is that what is being implied, that they will do this with the Closs home? Imo
I'd want to burn it down too, but is there a mortgage??

IMO he would’ve stood out to his teachers as more than quiet, but that’s just my guess... I’ve taught a few ‘quiet’ students over the years who also really gave me (and other teachers) the heebie jeebies, and every once in awhile I’ll google the names to see if anything awful has happened. So far nothing, at least that I’m aware of, knock on wood...
Yes, she would not have said "He always was a weird child," but maybe since she said she didn't remember him there was something she noticed that was off. Most teachers always think of something positive to say but she just said she couldn't remember him. Imo

Asked what the health issues were, Moyer replied, “It was internal.” I remember a recruiter telling me years ago (I don't know if it's true) that basic training can exacerbate and bring to full light previously unknown mental health issues. Just a thought.
ETA BBM

I have also heard that schizophrenia usually has it's onset in early adulthood. Here's a source: "the average age of onset tends to be in the late teens to the early 20s for men," Not saying he has this, but it is a mental health status that can change at around that time. What is Schizophrenia? | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

I thought JN called 911 once Jayme ran out to her, but it looks like you are right and it went down like this:

‘You gotta help me, you gotta help me': The emotional 911 call after Jayme Closs was found

Yes, JN was smart and immediately took Jayme to a house away from JP's house. She was at her own driveway when she saw Jayme but didn't feel safe taking Jayme into her house because her husband was out and her property butted up to the Patterson property. She also knew to speak to Jayme softly and tell her she was safe and they were going to get help. As a former social worker she was the perfect first person to encounter Jayme after Jayme escaped. I was also impressed at the neighbors being proactive once JN showed up with Jayme. I read that the K's had guns, armed themselves and were keeping watch for JP the entire time until the police showed up. JMO.

No, some places are burned down by fire departments as training exercises. The one I watched was a property that had been bought by the city for road expansion. The fire department prepped the building how they wanted it. The actual burn of course was scheduled and well supervised. It seemed like they were having a hard time to get it to really all burn, but I later found out that they had actually lit it and put it out several times. By the last time I think things were pretty soggy. They got plenty of good training out of it.
I was not referring to the training which firefighters receive. I consider that to be completely separate from a family deciding to burn down a " tainted" house which was the scene of such a horrible crime.. Regardless of fire practice in parts of the country, I think it might not be a decision to take lightly. Once her childhood home is gone, it's gone, and she may feel a deeper loss because of the years of great happy memories there.

Memories don't travel in a straight line.. After a major trauma, it's better not to make major life changes for at least a year.
Thanks! :)

If he lied about it, the car seat his hiney occupied and the trunk where he put Jayme will tell what was true. I'll say that car will have all kinds of evidence. JMO
I agree that forensics and DNA will be the definitive truth, but when considering the blowback from a shotgun fired at close range, it seems impossible that microdroplets didn't hit some part of his clothing.

I was not referring to the training which firefighters receive. I consider that to be completely separate from a family deciding to burn down a " tainted" house which was the scene of such a horrible crime.. Regardless of fire practice in parts of the country, I think it might not be a decision to take lightly. Once her childhood home is gone, it's gone, and she may feel a deeper loss because of the years of great happy memories there.

Memories don't travel in a straight line.. After a major trauma, it's better not to make major life changes for at least a year.
Thanks! :)

Controlled fires, overseen by the fire department, can be done in some places. You can't just walk up to your house and throw a match at it, but if the area is cleared and the gas is turned off, in some situations the fire dept. can allow for controlled burning of private homes as long as safety precautions are taken. Where I live, it's more common for this to happen than for houses to intentionally demolished via wrecking ball.

Re: the Radar article about JP following the case:

Evil Jayme Closs Suspect Kidnapper Jake Patterson Obsessed With His Crimes

“He was very intrigued by the BADmins group from his online history,” the source close to the investigation revealed. “He was on it at least twice per day – logging in once in the morning and once at night.”

If this is true, then the earlier information about him not getting on the internet and not having a social media account would be incorrect. If he were "logging in" then it stands to reason that, at the very least, he had an internet access point.

Of course, it also sounds like one of the sources for this article was an admin for the social media group that the article is talking about. I would take that source with a grain of salt.

This discussion of whether LE should have stopped the red Tauras only works because there was one car that pulled over when they went past. What should the protocol have been if there had been three cars or seven cars. Never mind that if they had stopped the car and spent 10 minutes there they would not have been available as back up to the other first responders at the scene of a crime. They would not have had probable cause to search the trunk and they would have probably been engaged in a shoot out.

Well said!

Since it sounds like he didn't live in Gordon for a few years and then showed back up at the cabin after he was 18,

The article sounded like his mom moved various places up & down 53. But it doesn't make sense that he was living a bunch of different places as much as an hour from the cabin, yet still was going to the same school in Minong.

Re: the Radar article about JP following the case:

Evil Jayme Closs Suspect Kidnapper Jake Patterson Obsessed With His Crimes

If this is true, then the earlier information about him not getting on the internet and not having a social media account would be incorrect. If he were "logging in" then it stands to reason that, at the very least, he had an internet access point.

Of course, it also sounds like one of the sources for this article was an admin for the social media group that the article is talking about. I would take that source with a grain of salt.

Makes you wonder if he was following here as well.....creepy IMO

Last edited:
Joe Soucheray: Jayme Closs case shows evil, miracles can find us
Embarrassment sets in. An apology seems called for. From the moment Jayme Closs was taken after the murder of her parents on Oct. 15, 2018, until her miraculous reappearance among the living Jan. 10, we held out suspicions, we constructed scenarios: she must have known him; there had to be a connection; the sheriff, Chris Fitzgerald, wasn’t telling us everything.

By “we,” I mean all of us. We are simple human beings and we need things to make sense. We need a set of extenuating circumstances so we can put things in boxes, line things up in a row, rivet together loose ends. Nothing will excuse the horrific mayhem that young Jayme endured, but if there was an ending we could at least pretend that we could set out to understand what happened.

There was nothing to explain the mayhem.

Nothing.

Which leads to only one conclusion. The child was the victim of pure evil, there being no other explanation plausible. There is evil in the world and we all saw it firsthand and this young girl had to experience it. She did not know him. There was no connection. The sheriff was telling us the truth every step of the way.

Pommy Mommy, Respectfully, thank you for sharing this because it was an interesting read, but I am going to respond that the author offers only platitudes and no original thinking or sleuthing and he also suggests that he speaks for all of us and, personally, he doesn't speak for me. His article is really nothing more than click bait. MOO. Thank you for sharing though, it is interesting to read so many "journalistic" responses from "writers". Some are worth considering and others are not, but not this guy. MOO. He offers nothing but suggests we are of "like minds". I hate this kind of "reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566