Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE also said the perp didn't go in farther than five feet so there is that.

I also remember LE saying, early on iirc, that it did not appear the suspect went more than about 5 feet into the home, however in the Criminal Complaint Jake Patterson says that once inside the house he saw a closed door (bathroom door) but before opening that door he quickly walked through other rooms of the house scanning to see if anyone was in the other rooms before returning to the bathroom door and breaking into the bathroom.

Yes, that is how it appears, but it seems so strange to me. I can't imagine the family dynamics. Every unemployed, somewhat troubled 2o-something year old I've ever known has lived with his family or at least had roommates. I've heard of them having their own basement apartments or living in their parents garage and sponging off of the family that way. I've never heard of one being allowed to live alone in a remote house for 3 years with the remnants of the family's previous lives piled up around him, apparently with no expectations and no suspicions something was seriously wrong.
:confused:o_O
I would be requiring my son to either clean up the cabin or go see a counselor as a condition of him staying there. MOO.
Yes! I've been thinking the same thing. Up until the point of his horrendous crime, I would have felt bad for him. So many red flags! His lifestyle and his failures with employment are so disturbing. I still can't believe nobody saw to it that he got help. What a waste.....

I had heard that he had a FB account and that LE had it locked up before his identity was released. Sorry I can't give you a source for that though.
Thanks. It's interesting, if that's what they did. I've never heard of LE doing that before. I had not heard that LE locked it up, I didn't know that was possible, or that it could be done that fast. But if that's the case there must be a specific reason. Imo

The plates were stolen so I'm not sure how far they would have gotten. Maybe they tried. I'm not even sure if the dashboard camera would have captured the number on the plates since they were likely driving pretty fast. Imo

As I understand the situation, he had a stolen rear plate, and an empty front plate bracket.

Since the police car was driving toward him, would it only have captured the empty from bracket? I’m guessing that they don’t have a “rear-view-window-cam” that captures what’s behind them.

Thanks. It's interesting, if that's what they did. I've never heard of LE doing that before. I had not heard that LE locked it up, I didn't know that was possible, or that it could be done that fast. But if that's the case there must be a specific reason. Imo

First time I have heard this also, usually the perp or the perp's family race to scrub any social media related to the perp. Interesting if this is true.

Holy crap are we off topic tonight, urine, teacher potty breaks!?! Like what the heck? I’ll check back tomorrow

It originated while talking about Patterson telling Jayme to hold it (going to the bathroom) while he disappeared for hours. It's strange but it sounds like a term a parent would use to their child while on a long car journey ('you'll just have to hold it til we get there'). I wonder if he perhaps viewed Jayme as a child; hiding her under a bed, maybe playing board games (Monopoly) with her, eliminating her parents so he was now the male/father figure in her life - who knows?

I also remember LE saying, early on iirc, that it did not appear the suspect went more than about 5 feet into the home, however in the Criminal Complaint Jake Patterson says that once inside the house he saw a closed door (bathroom door) but before opening that door he quickly walked through other rooms of the house scanning to see if anyone was in the other rooms before returning to the bathroom door and breaking into the bathroom.
A closed bathroom door usually in people's mind says someone's in there. He was making sure of where his Target was. Not in any other room, must be in the bathroom. That signals to me he was thinking and he was mentally processing details. He was on a hunt and deduced his prey had to be behind that closed door. Monster!!

I have seen cases where LE has the FB immediately shut down, before, when the suspect is live-streaming a crime or a discussion after a crime. It seems they can get it shut down immediately because they have special access numbers to too level FB execs, I suppose.

Isn’t that super creepy? I’m not sure why I have such a strong reaction to that one phrase. I guess it’s because of the connotations it alludes to. And I know what all he did. Creepy little man, indeed.
It was disturbing to me, too. As if he had been reading some site on the internet where criminals discuss how to pull off the perfect crime and that's their term for the safety latch. Imo

A closed bathroom door usually in people's mind says someone's in there. He was making sure of where his Target was. Not in any other room, must be in the bathroom. That signals to me he was thinking and he was mentally processing details. He was on a hunt and deduced his prey had to be behind that closed door. Monster!!
He was also looking to see if there was anybody else in the house, and was prepared to kill them. Imo

What JP did in total from beginning to end may be rare but it isnt rare for home invasions done by strangers to happen.

Many do knock on the victims door pretending to be looking for someone or pretending they are in need of some type of assistance.

Home invasions done by strangers are drastly on the rise in recent years in just about every state. Many have lead to horrendous results for the multiple victims inside.

Some of the most recent cases we've discussed here have been gruesome overkills of a victim or multiple victims where the suspects were home intruders who were complete stangers to their victims.

They are happening now at all times of the day or night from early morning...mid morning or late at night/early morning around the same time JP struck.

While I cant recall a stranger intruder case that happened in the past year or so that resulted in the kidnapping of one of the victims like JP did to Jayme there have been several where the victim was raped inside of their home before being murdered. This included small children as well as adults.

In the not so distant past they have been several cases where victims were murdered inside of their homes and one or more of the victims were kidnapped by intruders who were strangers. Most ended with the kidnapped victim later found also murdered.

I am so joyful Jayme was able to escape. It truly is such a beautiful miracle.

Imo
Located Persons Discussion

Little Heidi T. was abducted during a mid-morning, violent home invasion. Thankfully, she was rescued, but unfortunately not before SA. Completely bold, ruthless and shocking crimes, IMO. I agree that this type of "home invasion" seems much more prevalent than in years past.

Imo[/QUOTE]
Found Alive - SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

I am confused about the killer and pulling over.
In MN, you have to pull over and stop into the shoulder or to the edge of the road if no shoulder.
What is the law in WI? Do you have to pull over and stop?

Wisconsin law (State Statute 346.19) states that operators of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way and shall immediately drive their vehicle to a position as near as possible and parallel to the right curb or right-hand edge of the shoulder of the roadway, clear of any intersections and unless otherwise directed by a traffic officer, shall stop and remain standing in such a position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

If he was stopped, wouldn’t the dash cam show the car?

Yes, it would show the front of the car with the headlights on, and with no license plate. They really wouldn't see much. Here's a sample random police dash cam video. At a couple points you can see an oncoming car with headlights on, note how hard it is to make out details. This is in town though with streetlights, it would be worse in the country.

Oddly enough, he did. But the actual slang that car enthusiasts use (on forums and such) is "kidnap cord". He can't even get his deranged psycho lunatic jargon right.
Oh, I was wondering if it was commonly called that. I asked a long time ago but I never saw an answer. My internet keeps going out, maybe because we just had a snowstorm and it's below zero.

It originated while talking about Patterson telling Jayme to hold it (going to the bathroom) while he disappeared for hours. It's strange but it sounds like a term a parent would use to their child while on a long car journey ('you'll just have to hold it til we get there'). I wonder if he perhaps viewed Jayme as a child; hiding her under a bed, maybe playing board games (Monopoly) with her, eliminating her parents so he was now the male/father figure in her life - who knows?
More like a pet, I think.

Rereading this, and just had another thought that sends chills up. I have heard on the Investigation Discovery Channel many 9-1-1 calls. When we listen to them, we know that the system actually picks up the sounds before the operator actually picks up the call, and while it is still ringing. I don't know how the system does it, but we see it and hear it again and again on the Investigation Discovery Channel.

I wonder if she called nine-one-one, and there was information and yelling on it before she even came on the line. Was she was not able to talk to the operator because the operator had not answered before he broke through the door? Or perhaps she just wanted to stay very very quiet and did not speak?

From reading the 11 page or so document, I cannot imagine the adrenaline and 911 interactions on that phone call with the dispatch operator. I assume that call will never be released even through the Freedom of Information Act until the trial?
I hope to never hear the 911 call now that we know what was happening. Nope never.

It was disturbing to me, too. As if he had been reading some site on the internet where criminals discuss how to pull off the perfect crime and that's their term for the safety latch. Imo
I think it might just be called that from the perspective of a person who needs to get out, actually (it's the cord you pull in case you're kidnapped).

Pictures boys locking each other in the trunk a lot when their parents aren't looking, and...I'm guessing that's where the (relatively innocent) term came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998