Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we use that Amber Alert argument, then we’re begging the question of just how the Challenger and SUV were tied to the crimes...

I'm wondering now if the Challenger and SUV were even seen at all...
By the sounds of it, the maroon Taurus was the only car near the crime scene at the time.

it also helps in safety planning.

as I understand the scene, JP rolled into the driveway with no lights and engine off. Molly heard him anyway and started barking, waking JC. JC walks to parents' bedroom and wakes them. JP is walking up the driveway/sidewalk. James goes down to the door to look outside.

now, with what happened to the Closses, we can learn that in this scenario it might be best to run out the backdoor to the neighbors and call police and not to even give any attention to the front door. not many people would immediately run out the back of the house in this situation, but now we might decide that should be part of our safety plan and we can discuss this plan with our kids.

True, but it opens the door to quality discussions about abductions with your children. IMO, that is a good thing.

I'm wondering now if the Challenger and SUV were even seen at all...
By the sounds of it, the maroon Taurus was the only car near the crime scene at the time.

I've been thinking about the red Challenger in particular, because both the name of the make of car is strong with strong imagery and likewise with the color red ( I know it's common in cars but bear with me, everyone).
I am not sure because I haven't heard any explanation for it being mentioned either, but looking at this from a subliminal level, the word " Red" means "Stop".
The word " Challenger" means " He who challenges".

Together, the subliminal message using this particular car might be " Stop". " We standing here are the challenger to your criminal actions".

I don't think he's smart at all. I think he is afraid of and submissive to authority. The way he was captured and the fact that he did so many things he thought would obscure his identify (so his father would not find out) and the fact he had two failed attempts at the abduction makes me think he is very timid in the face of authority and adults in general.

I think the Taurus may have been dismissed (as much as I hate to say this) because he was smarter than most murderers/kidnappers/burglars would be. He didn't speed away to make his escape, he calmly pulled over as the law requires when he met LE with their lights flashing. I imagine that detective never even gave it a second thought until he saw/heard the car JP was driving. At that point, he probably thought/said, "Jeez, I saw that car on the way to the house that night!" - but probably not "Jeez" MOO

A Shih Tzu licked the top of a patio door? I’m not buyin’ what yer sellin there, Missy.
I didn't know the location of whatever it is you saw.
I do, sadly, suspect that we now know why the chair in the kitchen looked like it did in the photos of it being removed from the crime scene, though. It's due to where James fell. The CC states he fell into the dining table/ chairs.

Oh, Lord, I hate bringing this up and mentioning what everyone else has already probably deduced, but at least now we know.

If the detective hadn't mentioned it to anyone because it didn't seem suspicious at the time, there'd be no way for anyone else to even know it existed. MOO
Yes, but why wouldn't it be suspicious? If they asked for people who were driving by between 12:30 and 1:30 to call, and the owner of that car description had not called, I don't think they would have just dismissed it. There had to have been a reason. I wonder if they were looking into the car, but were thrown off because of the license plate. Imo

Sheriff to the deputies: "Hey boys, it was pretty late at night when you responded to the Closs house. Not much traffic, probably. Y'all pass any cars while responding?"

Deputies to the sheriff: "Yep, one car -- got a pretty fair description of it. Looked like an older model, maroon Taurus w/ silver siding strips and missing a license plate on the front -- black bracket there empty."

Sheriff to deputies: "Alright then -- let's get some pictures and info to the public that we are looking for a red Challenger and a black SUV."

Last edited:
I’d have been satisfied if there was at least a BOLO issued.
I agree! And if it by any chance a public did alert the perp as to LE looking for the vehicle
It is understandable to me WHY they didn’t pull JP over as they were on their way to an unknown disturbance at the Closs address.

However, the deputy had such a good recall of passing the Taurus, why didn’t they run a check on that model among all the other investigations being run? A major slip up?!

Remember JP had switched license plates so the plate number would have been useless if they had it.

IMO, not running a check on the Taurus is about the same as JP not planning on how he would keep Jayme after he abducted her. No one is perfect and these were each major failures on both sides.

Thank goodness Jayme had the strength, courage, and willpower to make an escape. She is the hero!
Yes! And I do agree that LE (if they didn't) should have run a check out of all Taurus vehicles matching that description in the region. I don't know t
it also helps in safety planning.

as I understand the scene, JP rolled into the driveway with no lights and engine off. Molly heard him anyway and started barking, waking JC. JC walks to parents' bedroom and wakes them. JP is walking up the driveway/sidewalk. James goes down to the door to look outside.

now, with what happened to the Closses, we can learn that in this scenario it might be best to run out the backdoor to the neighbors and call police and not to even give any attention to the front door. not many people would immediately run out the back of the house in this situation, but now we might decide that should be part of our safety plan and we can discuss this plan with our kids.

I don't think he's smart at all. I think he is afraid of and submissive to authority. The way he was captured and the fact that he did so many things he thought would obscure his identify (so his father would not find out) and the fact he had two failed attempts at the abduction makes me think he is very timid in the face of authority and adults in general.

I'd say he's SLY. We can see it in the Criminal Complaint and in other aspects known to us at this time about the murders and abduction. We can almost count on it. A lot of us, including me, are SHY.

SLY is only one letter different but a world away in meaning.

He learned at some point to seem to be " a lone weirdo". And he is, but just like with Ted Bundy, any charm or family interaction or friend socialization was for HIS benefit alone.

Sheriff to the deputies: "Hey boys, it was pretty late at night when you responded to the Closs house. Not much traffic, probably. Y'all pass any cars while responding?"

Deputies to the sheriff: "Yep, one car -- got a pretty fair description of it. Looked like an older model, maroon Taurus w/ silver siding strips and missing a license plate on the front -- black bracket there empty."

Sheriff to deputies: "Alright then -- let's get some pictures and info to the public that we are looking for a red Charger and a black SUV."

There was never a photo or description of a Dodge Charger. It is a Challenger. Different car. I posted an explanation which may or may not be correct, but makes sense to me since the FBI was on the scene at the very beginning.

Was the red Taurus the vehicle JP normally drove on a daily basis, or how many vehicles did he have at his disposal on his parent's property and maybe drove others interchangeably?
From what i read so far the red vehicle was what he drove on the night of committing his crimes.
It was the vehicle he drove again when spotted by LE after Jayme's rescue 88 days later.
Wonder if he hid the Ford Taurus after he committed his crimes for a while and then when he thought he got away with it then drove the vehicle again?

That's what I've been thinking, re. doors! Only problem is, what if the perp has a pal coming to back door to cover that one as well. Although, it seems more likely that 2 perps would go through one door together in a home invasion. I myself am thinking that it's best to hightail it out of a back window or less used door and run like heck to try and find help if there is obvious danger and shots in the front area of the house! It reminds me of a talk show a few years back, where they had a safety expert on. He made a lasting impression on me when he said if a perp attacks you at a shopping mall or on the street, to do your utmost to not get in that vehicle. Because once you are, the danger usually ends up being deadly. I'm thinking, I would rather take a bullet in a public place, where there is at least a chance of survival. :)

Was the red Taurus the vehicle JP normally drove on a daily basis, or how many vehicles did he have at his disposal on his parent's property and maybe drove others interchangeably?
From what i read so far the red vehicle was what he drove on the night of committing his crimes.
It was the vehicle he drove again when spotted by LE after Jayme's rescue 88 days later.
Wonder if he hid the Ford Taurus after he committed his crimes for a while and then when he thought he got away with it then drove the vehicle again?
I think it was said that he sometimes drove a white car. He had about 7 or 8 cars on the property. Imo

There was never a photo or description of a Dodge Charger. It is a Challenger. Different car. I posted an explanation which may or may not be correct, but makes sense to me since the FBI was on the scene at the very beginning.
My bad -- Challenger -- not Charger. I would own a Challenger, not a Charger, so I know the difference, but erred. So, LE shared example pics of Challengers covering maybe a 6-year period. And example photos of the black SUV. What wasn't shared? A Charger!! Oh, never mind. What wasn't shared??!! An older, maroon Taurus. Yeeeeaah.

I take NOTHING the perp said as fact. He is playing what he thinks is a smart *advertiser censored* game with LE. I get that a confession and a statement, etc. are used in charging documents, etc. but that in no way means it is the truth that he told, particularly if not corroborated. IMHO. The entire license plate thing bothers me, I do not believe he did not have a better idea of what he was walking into and had stalked this family whether online or in person, and more. Taking a plate off or switching plates or both?? Never modified the trunk or car until on your way that night? Took a back (sort of) road to someone's home to steal a plate? We shall see, but this is not all of it, just initial documents in the case. And perhaps we shall never see. I don't buy 1/2 of what he said, if any. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288