Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that JP's father showed up for the hearing says something. The fact that his mother and sister did not also says something. (I wouldn't be surprised if JP's childhood behavior contributed to the divorce. Maybe the father was more tolerant and made excuses?) MOO

Parents can continue to love a child even when he does something evil. I remember the parents of Jeffrey Daumer (sp?) speaking of him with great love and forgiveness in interviews. Same with the Seattle arsonist whose father turned him in.

I wonder if it was maternal or paternal grandmother who hosted JP for Christmas.

How would the property owner possibly be liable in this? His son is a grown man. He shouldn’t be held responsible for his son’s actions unless he was aware she was there and failed to help her. Exactly what would you have had the owner do to secure the property when he wasn’t aware there was a chance she could be hidden, in the home, under the bed??

Possibly something to do with access to the shotgun? IMO there could be things in the future hearings, that would make lawsuits a possibility. But, as someone previously mentioned, the Closs family deserves to make those choices further down the road. If at all.

Never in a million years would he kill his dad... dads name is on house... he’s financially dependent entirely on him...

Most important thing to him is apparently that house... don’t think he’d jeopardize it...

He won’t, people dont remember the petit killers, just there couple ...

He thrived after hell....garbage forgotten.

Jayme doesn’t have to cure cancer, if she goes to comm college, gets married couple kids, People will be really happy and he’ll be in jail telling bubba how smart he was for not getting caught, as bubba laughs at the irony of a man in for life professes his amazing intellect...

Sons do kill their fathers, who they depend on.
Today, on Websleuths a son killed his father, who he lived with: bound father, and strangled him.
The son has been arrested.
MI - Dennis Steward, 73, found dead with hands, legs bound, son arrested, Royal Oak, 17 Jan 2019.

Then we have the van Breda case.
The son killed his father, and other members, whom he depended on.
There are other cases also.
MOO.

Well, I haven't been told I'm nuts for a few days, so I'm going to share my latest thought and risk ending my streak... I keep wondering if JP left her alone hoping she would escape because he didn't know what else to do with her. He seems out of it enough to feel like he'd never get credit for all of his brilliant planning and work if he just killed her too. For him to leave her alone, but still be right in the area when LE arrived, and to give up and confess so quickly, it almost seemed like he had planned to have it happen that way. He may believe he'll be able to fake insanity to be found not guilty and then make a miraculous recovery (like they sometimes do in movies, books and television shows.) There are just so many things about him that don't make sense that I wouldn't put anything past him. MOO

ETA: Maybe not as far fetched as I thought. I see a couple other people have mentioned some of this since I started typing this. It really sucks being a lousy typist!

I absolutely believe that's a possibility-even if it was subconscious. I've heard the Cleveland women in interviews even talk about how AC may have left the one door unlocked on purpose that day.

The fact that JP's father showed up for the hearing says something. The fact that his mother and sister did not also says something. (I wouldn't be surprised if JP's childhood behavior contributed to the divorce. Maybe the father was more tolerant and made excuses?) MOO

Parents can continue to love a child even when he does something evil. I remember the parents of Jeffrey Daumer (sp?) speaking of him with great love and forgiveness in interviews. Same with the Seattle arsonist whose father turned him in.

I wonder if it was maternal or paternal grandmother who hosted JP for Christmas.

I've written this before, but I believe that I would show up if it were my son who did those things. Not only would I do it because I'd still love him, but I'd think I owed it to the other family: if THEY could sit there and listen to all the horrible things my kid did to their kid, then I need to sit there and listen as well.

Today, on Websleuths a son killed his father, who he lived with: bound father, and strangled him.
MI - Dennis Steward, 73, found dead with hands, legs bound, son arrested, Royal Oak, 17 Jan 2019.

MOO.

It could happen and does.... if there was abuse against jake or to jakes mom... I would say it’s a real possibility, those are big ifs, but u are right it could happen.

At some point the truth will come out jakes years age 8 to 21. Family dynamics... etc..
Either it has a significant impact on him or he was born with brain destined to misfire.
Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be locked up..

I found the school schedule. 8 - 3:20. The bus schedule could be very different. We don't know if her stop was at the beginning or end of the route.

That's true. She could get board the bus up to 2 hours before start time and do the same with departure. School here starts at 8:15 am, but my kids board at 6:25 am. School ends at 3:15 pm; they get home at 4:30 pm. And since he only worked there for such a short time, he may not have been on a regular schedule yet. Possibly training,orientation,etc.

MOO.
Yes! A couple days ago, a 34 year old Seattle man killed both his parents because they were retiring, selling their home, and moving to Oregon (they gave him money for 1st/last month rent + to finally get an apartment). He lived with their dead bodies inside the house for about 5 days, and killed himself when police were wanting to enter to do a welfare check --after his parents had not been heard from.
Sammamish man killed parents, self because he didn’t want mother to sell family home, sheriff’s office says

Yes. He was kicked out because “the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps expectations and standards.”

That sure as hell doesn’t sound like a medical discharge, which is characterized differently.
I don't know if this is still the way it's done but when I was in the AF, people who didn't make it through basic were given an administrative discharge. It's not a dishonorable discharge, just a different name that tells the services what is up.

His crime wasn’t complicated, and required very little planning.

When you violently attack a home in the middle of the night, you don’t need much preparation.

You just need motivation, a gun, and the willingness to kill.

There was nothing subtle here. Just overwhelming force.

Extensive recon wasn’t necessary.

His motivation was JC but if that didn't work, he was good to go with suicide by cop.

His motivation was JC but if that didn't work, he was good to go with suicide by cop.
I think that was nothing but bluster, he wanted to act like a tough guy.

When they finally apprehended him, he had every opportunity to run or fight back. He chose to surrender, because he didn’t want to die.

I don’t think anything changed.

I thought of that too but have never worked for a temp agency so thought perhaps all of that info they already have as they are the ones that pay them, not the plant?

With regard to the time of the bus, let's figure 8 a.m for HR. For him to be on time, it would still be pretty early for Jayme to have to be waiting for the bus. It has been years but I have been stopped behind buses right in that area and it is just before school she would likely be picked up. He still has some miles to go and one would think would want to be on time. I still think he would be going by at 7:30 or thereabouts. Of course, with his work record, who knows, he was probably late his first day.

Great point. I think when adding everything up though it is reasonable to wonder including the fact it said he was behind the bus.

Agree. From my past experience with temp agencies, my paycheck always was issued by them and not the company I was sent to work for. I have worked with four different agencies in three different states and they all operated this way if that helps any.

Jayme took full advantage.

I’ve seen friends sue over broken leg jumping in pool... it’s not without a possibility... but don’t think jaymes family wants more court time than needed.

It also depends on fathers set up ...
what was his job... nobody on planet earth knows ... what did he know about set up at house .. did he make any effort to maintain property.... I doubt anyone sues unless Patrick Patterson is simply really rich with inheritance in bank...than you could get a quick sue and settle...I don’t know who’d want that house now... value got to be halved.

Premises Liability Overview :: Justia[/QUOTE]
Would homeowners insurance cover this. I know renters insurance covered up to a certain amount if someone injured themselves in an apt. Kidnapping was never mentioned probably because that would be a little weird. Maybe what she went through fits into something covered and she can get a settlement without more court. That's probably crazy?

That makes far more sense. But they kind of go hand in hand. It is still looking for an easy ride and no supervisor and I belong at the top of the place that hires me, my boss doesn't know ****, OR of looking for a free and easy ride. And most parents for the last what, 20 years, can say every child says I am not going to be a burger flipper (at 16 when told to get a part time job) and I am not going to college in our home area. I will bet though many people can identify with it. Or I am not going to school for something like CPA or nurse, I want to be an artist, an MSM anchor. I guess it has always went on to a point but look at the stuff nowadays.... And then there is the military thing... I think I have been having a day of thinking out loud :)

ETA so with the supervisory thing, I have no work experience and mom and dad I am not going to work or I quit because I know more than they do and I should start at the top (in one's own mind, not said to mom and dad necessarily). Smarter, entitled in his own mind, insecure, or manipulative with bigger problems he has reason to have? Hard to say.

Think u hit the key word: entitled.

Around my area popular ones are: mowing/raking yards, gutter cleaning, driveway sealer, snow removal
I'll bet this is how he got by. No mtg, no rent, no car payment. Just odd jobs to pay a little here and there. That makes sense to me.
Ha! When my grandson was little and lived in CO he had a whole business going on, snow removal in his neighborhood. He would get the business and his little buddies would work for him! Lol.

I'll bet this is how he got by. No mtg, no rent, no car payment. Just odd jobs to pay a little here and there. That makes sense to me.
Ha! When my grandson was little and lived in CO he had a whole business going on, snow removal in his neighborhood. He would get the business and his little buddies would work for him! Lol.

Since his basic living expenses were covered, he needed pocket change for cigarettes and things Dad wouldn’t buy him . . . Who knows, booze and fast food might also be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey