Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

From what I gather, he purchased the mask on Oct. 4.

According to the complaint, Patterson was plotting Closs' abduction while still at the job. He bought a face mask at a Walmart on his last day – the same mask he allegedly wore when he attacked the family in October.
    Jayme Closs' accused kidnapper was prematurely discharged from Marine Corps

SV, a spokeswoman for Saputo, told USA TODAY Network-Wisconsin on Tuesday that Patterson got the job at the cheese factory through a temporary hiring agency. He worked shifts on Oct. 3 and 4 but didn't show up the following day. The company ended his assignment and never heard from him again, SV said.
    Jake Patterson's car was seen the night of Jayme Closs' kidnapping, but cops didn't have enough to pull him over

kakadu, TRB, dixiegirl1035 and 20 others like this.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Yeah, they certainly do.

The only time I won’t believe a word he says, is when he talks about what went on in his house.

This would embarrass him, and wouldn’t be a source of pride for him like the initial crime would be. He will try to save face, and minimize things.

Fortunately, Jayme can provide her account.

libraryg, Seenit, Sunny123 and 21 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

He used public information as a time reference, he would have had to, as he wouldn’t have been keeping track of the time during the crime.

That would be hazy.

So if law enforcement said “4 minutes,” he would repeat that. The details would be his though.

libraryg, Confusion, Seenit and 17 others like this.
  4. wary

wary Well-Known Member

It makes sense that he says the number ‘4’ because he heard it on the news. But, it also makes sense that he is (I hate to say the words) telling the truth. The first shotgun blast created an urgent need to call 911, which in turn started the clock ticking at the police.

8paws, bizzle2, Confusion and 15 others like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Jayme Closs rescued herself. Should she get the reward money? (Updated article)
    Fitzgerald told CNN that he and the FBI will be consulting on the reward soon to make a decision about what happens with the money. FBI Milwaukee spokesman Leonard Peace also confirmed that the FBI is continuing to review the reward.

"That's a question for someone else other than me," District Attorney Brian Wright said Monday.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  6. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

I see your point and I believe there is truth in it, I just do not believe it all or maybe believe there is not more maybe in other words. Unless he lawyered up quickly, he was questioned for hours I imagine and a complaint never contains all does it?

Just the fact that he sees a girl he instantly decides he wants and has to have but he never did a bit of research or online looking to find out any more about her or see if he could find info or pics? I have a bit of a hard time believing that.

And maybe it was limited thinking but if he knew nothing, he could not know how many bullets he would need. Dogs, visitors, LE, who knows...

As a child that for part of our life we had 8 people in 3 bedrooms, one can never assume how many are in a home and this one looks like it may have had a partially finished basement.

Just keeping my mind open is all I am saying but I see your view of it as well.

7. MassGuy

Yeah. That arrest affidavit only contains as much information as is necessary, and there is absolutely a hell of a lot more detail there.

I think he would have talked and talked.

I’m pretty sure I know his type, and if they conducted the interview as I would do it, they would play to his ego.

“We’ve been looking for you for a long time Mr. Patterson. We had hundreds of investigators looking at this, and you had all of us fooled. How did you manage to do this?”

He’d be more than happy to spill his guts.

He’s an interesting mix of organized and disorganized.

A disorganized kidnapper would have snatched her immediately off the street, in plain sight.

An organized kidnapper would have waited for the perfect opportunity, and stalked his victim online.

This guy was a mix, as he waited, but was brazen in his execution.

I also don’t believe he knew her name until after he reached his house with her.

8. ilovechili

That is much how I see it. Just a lot of questions yet. And I am no expert but I do know not everything is put into a complaint because you don't want to tip your hand any sooner than you have to right? Some expert is welcome to weigh in there.

And I just do not believe the perp and we have no reason to imo.

There was someone on here way back in the beginning who did a cold search and told everyone within five minutes of what they learned about this family just with the internet. And he had not even got started, he was giving an example of how easily a perp could determine things.

That in no way is meant to knock the family--this entire case has made me rethink about sharing things, even with friends, via the internet or he** even in person...

It would not even surprise me to find he had been in that house. I am not saying that is the case, I am saying it would not surprise me. In his own words, he had been there at least twice before but aborted attempts. Do we know those were the only times...? Hard to say.

Just something I go by, I would never believe the perp automatically. jmo.

9. Queencitylaydee

Queencitylaydee Well-Known Member

IMO ONLY: This entire situation would overwhelm any adult..still thinking about Jayme and what she maybe experiencing internally..it's easy to put a smile on the outside and be broken and hurt on the inside. Hoping she is receiving some private counseling from professionals..money, a trust or ******** is great..but will not make up for all she has lost..sometimes the attention and accolades can be too much...its great to have the support but its alot of attention for a little girl who has been found but is still lost in so many ways emotionally. Sigh.. #TEAMJAYME

10. ilovechili

Yes much does align.

Jayme cannot account though for whether he stalked her, the home or the family in person or on internet. We only have his word for that. Just for one example.

And there are always things that are not shared. So I am in a wait and see mode.

Yet I also agree with your points.

11. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I don't think any other kids got off the bus when JC did so he probably took a mental note of that as well.
    JMO

12. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

Anybody remember early on we were discussing why the neighbors, if they were awake at 1:00 because their dog was acting weird, didn't hear or see sirens? I'm only asking because I know that one conclusion that we came to was because they rolled up without them on because of the time of night. I cant find the thread but what I am wondering is did we just come to that conclusion or was it a known fact somehow?

Subiechik21, Forpsy, Seenit and 8 others like this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

At this point I believe he has been truthful. If he has lied he has lied by omission. Opinion subject to change.

Subiechik21, TRB, bizzle2 and 16 others like this.
  14. ilovechili

Great points!

We shall see I guess. Maybe not her name but I still have great doubts that there is not more. They were executing search warrants all that weekend and filed the complaint was it that Monday? We may find more online things and other things than we have yet heard.

He is an interesting mix, that too is different.

I also find it odd that he took at job in Almena, or was possibly even looking there, that is a long da**ed way from Gordon. Gordon may not be job central but there are all sorts of options, factories that continually hire and fire through temps and more, they would find for him through a temp agency closer than that, so I guess I wonder why.... This plant is not even on 8, it is south of there yet.

15. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Thanks pommy, I’d ask u where my extra car keys were, but I’m afraid you’d know..

So he buys mask on Oct 4th. And commits act on Oct 15th... that’s 10 days for 3 try’s...

Would love to know what happened on oct 3rd and 4th... all conversation.. with whom..

Mom talking marriage/ dad discussing cabin... incident at work...

He seems like bull talker so likely ready to drop marines at drop of hat, maybe he had co worker follow up on BS. Most people hear marines and they wanna know more.. and there impressed.. but u can’t really BS through failed training no combat..

Gotta be trail on 3rd/4th of something...you’d think..

16. ilovechili

I will bet money though they already have him on Rice Lake Walmart video if his account is true. And the way he purchased it, cash, gift card, etc.

Subiechik21, Seenit, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  17. MassGuy

It’s pretty amazing how pivotal Walmart surveillance footage has been, in countless cases.

They have cameras everywhere, and keep their footage for a very long time.

If he bought it there, he’s on tape.

18. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Mix describes it pretty well... I don’t think he knew what the afterplan was..

Part of me thinks kidnap assault and suicide..was first plan..

Maybe that’s plan, he gets home and quickly realized they all think it’s someone else.. there’s no clue ...or maybe he feels guilt on some level..sure he talked about case with his parents which is beyond weird...

The post kidnapping seems 0 mapout.. dunno...

19. ilovechili

So true. And if he shoplifted there he is on tape. And if he bought any other item along with the mask, that is on tape too--whether a candy bar or something related to the crime. imo.

libraryg, Subiechik21, Seenit and 6 others like this.
  20. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HERE AND THERE

Per the Saputo website it appears they have two shifts. 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am, 7 days a week. So it seems that unless the morning he claims to have seen Jayme "getting on the bus" was an orientation day *and he went in later*... he lied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.