Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Imagine being 11 years old and left on your own (with a not that much older teen brother)? If true, being left alone could have predicated being placed in foster care. EDIT to add: That would be especially true if they were getting into trouble.

That would make sense IMO.

Rubiconbob, human, PommyMommy and 6 others like this.
  2. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip !

3. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

BBM

I don't think any of us want him to get away with this-technicalities or not.

4. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that! I DVR'd it.

5. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Like this a lot...

From age 10 to 21 ... would be interesting to do complete mapout... we still don’t know a lot...and need more details and verified specifics..

Age 10 normal healthy?? Friends / wrestles
    Age 11 / divorce quits wrestling begins withdrawal
    Age 12 parents separate homes .. lives part time with both .. then full time with father or siblings

Age 13 to age 18. Dunno a large no of locked down specifics ... liked risk board game / video games hated social media...May or may not have liked roadkill .. alleged ex girlfriend was paid for story. Had a few friends and one that visited house and stayed over...

Age 18 exits marines for some reason.. or is told to leave... either health or mental..

Age 18 to 21 largely isolated 6/7 days week..drinks occasionally by himself smokes malborro... May play video games... likes military books

Age 21.. mom set to remarry mid November
    Oct 13 should be visit with father..
    oct 15th indifferently kills 2 people to kidnap their child... according to him.. he has no idea who lives there.. didn’t know her name or age.

.takes 6 shotgun shells to kill anyone in home .. even if 8 people he’s taking 6 to kill them..

90 days later she escapes.. he seems boostful or indifferent... neither upset or saddened.

6. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

I considered that too but there's a washer visible in a basement photo so probably not.

7. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Agreed except that is the front door. The front door is in the finished basement.... above ground in the front, partially so in the back.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  8. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It was said that his father worked long hours, so he was often alone in the house. There is no verification that they were living alone without a parent when they were minors. I doubt that was the case, since it would have been pretty easy for the school to find out that a parent wasn't living in the home.
    Maybe his older siblings had moved out by that time, and during his last few years of high school he spent a lot of time alone on the house.
    Most sources say his dad moved out after he paid off the house, or around the time Patterson went to boot camp. At least by the time he finished high school, anyway. Imo

9. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Snipped by me

You make an excellent point, it's hard to see how Jim was shot through the door window, he fell to the east side, blood went west, and the cabinet and snowman behind looked clean (I know this was discussed to 'death' before, but that was before the complaint came out)

10. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

We know Patrick was a hard working dad. Another thing said he had a long work commute and left home at 4am and didn't get home until late.

MsBetsy, human, PommyMommy and 5 others like this.
  11. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

Would you be surprised if there were non-working appliances just stuck wherever they fit? This appears to be the place where this family's junk came to die!

MsBetsy, chili367, human and 3 others like this.
  12. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Ok everyone seems to love whatever is in the blue room being a washer and/or dryer. Which I agree it looks like. But in this basement view, you see what certainly appears to be a washer, beyond the furnace, which seems like a reasonable place for a laundry room. So, do we think there was an old washer in the basement (it appears they never threw anything out) and a laundry room upstairs? Or is the blue room something else? I was leaning toward bathroom with the thing on the wall being a large mirror, with a light above, and the uneven vertical line being a reflection of the shower curtain. But I can't explain the dark part above the (countertop?)
    Note there is an old blue refrigerator/freezer in the garage. (Who has a light blue fridge??) But if the washer in the basement was a discard seems like it might have joined the fridge in the garage.

ETA picture of the basement view of a washer. Sorry.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    human, Subiechik21 and ilovechili like this.
  13. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I disagree that it would be easy for the school to find out, but the long hours may have made it seem to neighbors like there wasn't a parent at home. I haven't seen a source saying when the father moved out, only that the brothers were/appeared to be alone.

OhThatVictoria, wary and Subiechik21 like this.
  14. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

yes, it was discussed very much. as you said, before the complaint came out. i still am one that thinks they may have moved that cabinet, i know it would not be easy but every picture seems (probably intentionally) meant to hide what the public does not need knowledge of for investigative purposes. i am no expert but no matter how i think of it, shooting him through that window would imo hit a north wall or carpet or some such before something to the west. If he had not fallen east, that may not be the case and it would make sense but he fell east. yet we are led to believe it was one shot and he was down. i can't reconcile it no matter what. unless the kitchen table was to the west and most of us agree otherwise on that. it could be a typo and the direction wrong i guess...

i guess the other thing i have to remind myself is that complaint in no way means the perp's account is true or that LE even believes it all. to me, much of what he said was so in line with news reports and websites it was almost odd. i am not gunshot expert by a long shot but to me to hit a west wall, there was another shooter inside the house or the perp first shot through a window and was not at the door. we have no reason to think that whatsoever but again, his account is not necessarily true, it is just what he confessed to put in the complaint... i think he wants to be mr. quick, accurate and impressive, so maybe we don't have the entire truth...? hard to say.

15. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Interesting! October sucks for me - Sesaonal Affective.

16. ilovechili

I guess it depends on where one lives because for me January beats October all to he**... :)

17. ilovechili

I haven't zoomed on it, either I do not know how or can't. I at first thought it looked a bit short for any appliance or counter. I thought of even a mini frig. Then in relooking I thought it was high enough.

A couple of thoughts, it may not be common but there are homes that have laundry on each floor. I always wanted one was part of my dream home. Don't know that is likely though.

My first thought was a chest freezer--they come short, high, in all sizes and it made sense near the kitchen.

It also could be something that has not been ditched yet OR is an extra for when the basement one sh*ts the bed? I have had two for that reason before. First was fine but could not pass up a heck of a deal on a new one at auction...

Just thoughts... Probably doesn't matter to the case but gives us something to try to puzzle out...

human and Subiechik21 like this.
  18. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

The timeline said "The couple agrees to share physical custody every other week;" Elsewhere we had seen that the dad left for work at 4am and came home late. So it could be that the boys were largely unsupervised on the weekdays they were at dad's house. A neighbor could mistake dad being there only at night and weekends as him having moved out.

IowaMom4, bizzle2, Rural_PC and 10 others like this.
  19. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a half-wall. Like with a planter, or shelving above, just a slight visual separator between the living room and entranceway. Like this - very midcentury.
    [​IMG]

20. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

Cher352, girlhasnoname, human and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.