Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evinrude

Evinrude Well-Known Member

I see it everyday. I live a few hours from here and snow eventually will blow off the roof, melt the side exposed to sun etc.
    that’s how it is.

2. human

human Well-Known Member

That article really bugs me. It is trying to erase Jayme, as far as I am concerned. Oh, there was a liitle glitch in the town , but time to move on. Pathetic

3. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

I think your right don’t forget jayme... but if you ask Patterson family 1 yr before divorce they would all be saying same thing. Great fun small town. Either there was mental snap or jake is just evil... your probably right... bulldoze the house before the pro Gordon stories..

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Closs reconnects with family members; suspect in court tomorrow
    The suspect, 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson, is due in court on Wednesday. He’s been held on $3-million since being arrested the day Jayme escaped. A police report says he confessed after arrested in a vehicle near his home. It's believed he realized Jayme had escaped and was out looking for her.

Jayme has not yet returned to school, and is recovering from her ordeal with her aunt. JS is the sister of Jayme’s slain mother, and is Jayme’s godmother and legal guardian.

kakadu, Forpsy, Seattle1 and 15 others like this.
  5. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I thought it was $5 million.

Forpsy, DancingMuse, JudgeJoe and 4 others like this.
  6. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

If JP had been driving recklessly or done something like NOT pullover and sped past LE, they would have gone after him. It would have saved Jayme, but not her parents. IMO, officers saw a car that only after JP was caught did they know the car was involved. Don't forget though that JP had no record, the car belonged to his sister and he kept Jayme concealed from them too. If they did try to find out who the car belonged to, there was no connection to JP. The neighbors didn't even know JP was staying in the cabin. Even if someone had turned in that car, LE would have just looked to see who it was registered to. Even I was ready to report a red-orange Challenger I saw at my local gas station and I'm in SC.

7. human

human Well-Known Member

If they found the car and ran the address, does it show that a sex offender lived there?

We can see Level Three sex offenders on a map of anywhere in the US, I believe. I am assuming LE has access to the addresses of Level 1 and 2?

8. human

human Well-Known Member

The other thing about the car that is a GIANT red flag is that the person in the car never contacted LE. Someone who was on the scene seconds after the perp was there ( of course Patterson was the perp, but LE did not know that of the car that was there )

9. PommyMommy

That's what I remember as well. Sloppy journalism strikes again? :rolleyes:
    MOO

10. PommyMommy

Short video at the link and BBM:

HLN on Twitter
    Tomorrow on HLN: Jake Patterson, the man accused of kidnapping #JaymeCloss, is due in court. We'll have full coverage followed at 8 p.m. ET with a special presentation: "Jayme Closs' Nightmare." Her story of survival.

11. Rubiconbob

There’s close to 0 activity at1 am Monday am. That car has no plate and a fake back plate. Cops dropped this... if u get to Patterson family and sister states brother drives car I don’t think u get off of Jake Patterson...21 yr old who lies a lot and 0 friends who would have 0
    Alibi for that evening. No steady work only talks to mom.... there’s 4/5 flags as soon as u get to him....it feels like jake was also stunned..

12. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

I don't think they dropped it. He just was not on their radar in any way. Even if they had contacted his sister, what would they have done next? They had nothing they could investigate HIM on or his sister or his Mom or Dad. You can't investigate people jut for being weird.

13. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

How would that have helped? JP has no record. <modsnipped against tos to sleuth and post information about family who are not suspects>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    Lucyray likes this.
  14. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

They just came across a double homicide. Even before they knew Jayme was missing Fick could have alerted dispatch to put APB out on the only car that he now so vividly remembers. That one car had a 13 year old girl bound in the trunk. They dropped the ball.

opalpearl, crhedBngr, Forpsy and 7 others like this.
  15. Rubiconbob

If sister is honest... she’d have no reason to not be... it would go straight to brother..

Jakes default setting is to lie... that’s not weird that’s a flag. You have a 5 bedroom house no job, no responsibilities, and no plans for next 2/5 years. That’s not weird those are flags.

Weird is working at jenni o and spending 80 percent of money on fanatasy baseball and dating chicks that look like his mom... that’s weird...

Jake wasn’t weird, he’s a psychopath. Look at his resume for liquor store job..

2 jobs he never did
    He doesn’t list 2 places he actually worked
    His marine service is off by 2 years.

Cops had 0 clues or leads .. they interview JP once all kinds of flags go off....

16. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

I just do not see how putting an APB out later would have helped. Yes, if he had known that he was going to arrive to find two dead people and a missing teenager, an APB on a red Taurus would have made sense. But that's not what happened. Even if they had put out an APB, they would probably not have caught him that night. He was long gone by the time they realized it could have been the red Taurus. It did not become important until Jayme told them the car was red because there was nothing for them to track down. How many red Tauruses do you think there are? However many it is, only one matters.

17. Rubiconbob

You bring up great point ... you don’t think they dropped it..

One reporter quoted them as there best lead.

If the FBI/cops had a team of 2/3 people combing through Taurus in 300 mile radius
    That wouldn’t give them pass, but would atleast let them say we didn’t let go..

The one thing everyone says though, your 10 days in, u release 3 cars of interest ??? Why not 4 cars if interest??

Jim_M, Forpsy, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
  18. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Actually, I think you can investigate people for being weird :) You just can't arrest them.

I think the only way the Taurus would have yielded anything is if LE broadcast it as a car of interest after they realized it might have significance, and one of the neighbors on Eau Claire Acres Road thought, huh, don't those Patterson boys have a red Taurus? And then the neighbor called it in, LE investigated it among the hundreds/thousands of other tips, and they found her. Or some other friend/acquaintance of JP called the car in (though it doesn't seem like he had any friends/acquaintances).

But it wouldn't have saved Jayme's parents or prevented the kidnapping. It *might* have shortened the time she was held, but it could have also caused JP to do something that would have endangered her. IMO, of course.

I'm surprised they didn't make it public as the only clue, but they may have been right not to do so. We'll never know.

IowaMom4, Jim_M, DancingMuse and 4 others like this.
  19. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jayme Closs is seeing better days! The kidnapping survivor happily enjoyed a savory steak meal with her grandfather this week.

It was quite the special reunion for the teen, as the Facebook group, Healing for Jayme Closs, shared that cooking Jayme a big steak was the one thing her grandfather vowed to do upon her return.

“Were (sic) so blessed!!! We had to share!! grandpa (sic) said since day one he was gonna buy Jayme a big steak when she was found!!” the caption, written by Jayme’s relatives, said. “well (sic) here it is he bought her steak and they had lunch together at his house!!”

Alice253, crhedBngr, Jim_M and 12 others like this.
  20. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

Ok. So if they knew JP's sister had a red Taurus, how does that help? She's not a likely suspect and neither was JP. He's living an hour away. They ask the sister about her car, she says my brother is driving it. So what's the next move? They go to where the car is and what? Talk to him? His sister tells him the cops are asking about the car? What would happen next? Maybe he would have killed her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.