Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

I tried to defend cops originally to..but there’s a ton of challengers and Ford edges..

Keep in mind your apb wouldn’t be for all Taurus...

It would be... there’s one Taurus we passed at 12:59 Monday... we need to talk ASAP to that person..

If 0 response that’s amazing..unless your cheating on wife there’s not a lot of reasons not to call and say what u we’re doing.. at 1 am..

Jim_M, Forpsy, DancingMuse and 5 others like this.

2. Rubiconbob

Does pommy mommy or anyone know percentage of guilty pleas once u have confession and overwhelming evidence.

U have confession
    U have gun
    U have shells

Shoe size match

I am praying he pleads tomorrow and sentence date set.

Jim_M, Forpsy, DancingMuse and 8 others like this.
  3. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

I am not, and I don't feel that others are faulting police for *not* pulling the car over at the time, and I think it's good that they did not, as I fear there may have been slain officers in addition to the parents. What I feel however, is that police had their best tip sitting right there in their pockets, but they did nothing with it whatsoever. All it would have taken was a little research..

How many Tauruses in whichever color it was (red/maroon - maybe speak to a Ford dealer, look at some pictures), put in a small range of possible years, how many vehicles like that registered in WI, or even just within a 2 hour range, or whatever.. start *somewhere*. And start methodically checking out whatever comes up. Surely this address would have been of interest solely on the basis of it being so remote? And then further checking may have told them (should have told them) that a young sex offender had lived at that address at one time. Then, find out the same family still owns the home. Vehicle registered to a female, but perhaps that female, upon a little more checking, may also have another vehicle, etc. One little tip is how crimes balloon into becoming solved.

If they had broadcast the vehicle (like they did regarding the other vehicles), JP's neighbors, even though they may not have known JP was staying in the cabin, *may* have seen a similar vehicle and made a call, or a gas station, or an employer, or a friend. Things could have started coming together very early.

It doesn't *seem* like these things would have been tough or onerous for them to have done, but yet at least it would have shown they *tried*. The way it stands, it simply looks like they dropped the best ball they had, which they had themselves, from one of their own, right from the get-go. Very disappointing, and quite frankly if I had been JC, and tied up in that cold trunk after having witnessed both of my parents' heads being blown off, and heard all those sirens passing, and felt the car stopping, and then absolutely nothing for 88 days while I hid under a bed, I'm sure I would have been devastated at the seeming incompetence. JC is only 13 so perhaps her expectations are/were lower, and I'm sure she is glad to be alive - thanks to herself, some neighbors, and the Douglas County police, including the dispatcher.

Jim_M, Forpsy, DancingMuse and 8 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Sorry, I don't know. :)
    MOO

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

UPDATE: Man accused of Closs killings, kidnapping to have preliminary hearing
    Jake Patterson, 21, is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing in Barron County Court on Wednesday morning at 11 a.m.

Patterson is charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary.

WEAU 13 News will have a crew at the court appearance and we will bring you the latest online and on air.

Confusion, Jim_M, Forpsy and 15 others like this.
  6. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

It is common sense that during the 88 day period, if they knew about the Taurus , they should have put it out there. That is what you do. Who cares about the percentages of what it can and cannot lead them to. They had nothing. Begging the public for help, tree lighting ceremonies, that one tip, Thanksgiving and Christmas without Jayme, yet you had a car that you remember now so well and you don't ask the public for help?

One more question for those of you who don't think an apb immediately after finding double homicide. If it was your daughter or niece in that trunk and she went on to whatever hell she lived with for 88 days and the perp was the only car that LE seen in the area, not 10, 20 or 100, the ONLY car, you wouldn't question why they didn't mention it or look for it that night?

7. Rubiconbob

All good points... plus the driver of that car is going to know more about that night the sooner there contacted... in 6 months that driver could say I always travel that route Monday am... no memory .... 5 days after crime he might have total recall of car that cut him off.. to be honest I don’t know the harm in taking to any cars 12:15 to 1:15 on hwy 8. Even if it’s 100 plus drivers... talk to them all..

LadyNada, crhedBngr, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  8. Mistermagoo

What? maybe they wouldn't catch him that night, we'll never know. But an apb on a maroon Taurus goes out to all LE in the state. At that time of night, I would say that there were not many traveling and the fact that we now know he traveled about 70 miles means he was driving for a while with more chance to be seen. If any LE across the state pulls up behind him and runs plates they come up stolen.

edited by me. *** they may not have come up stolen yet but they would not match that car

LadyNada, Jim_M, Forpsy and 8 others like this.
  9. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

You said it, LE had 0 leads to JP. He doesn't own the house. He didn't own the car. He had no criminal record. He lived further away than anyone thought. There's nothing illegal about his living arrangements that we know until he killed the Closses and abducted Jayme. He can't keep a job, not illegal. The neighbors didn't even know he was staying at the cabin. Even now, we don't know he's a psychopath, just that we believe he is or has some type of mental illness. Personally, I think his lawyer might claim schizophrenia. Do you think his sister or any of his family knew what he was capable of? I don't. But I could see his sister calling him and saying, "The cops asked about the car you're driving. They want to come take a look at it." What do you think he would have done next?

10. human

human Well-Known Member

Do you think the family did not think something off about him? No friends. No job?

LadyNada, Jim_M, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  11. Mistermagoo

So with your way of doing things, along with LE, they were unsuccessful finding her.

LadyNada, Julia966, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  12. Rubiconbob

its A difficulty getting to him... sister is likely to be honest, most are with cops, and say her brother drives car....in her name..

Illegal is different then suspicious.

Your looking for someone holding a 13 yr old girl captive...

A 21 yr old male, ex military, who lives alone with no job, no responsibilities. If they ever find that out even 1 hour away he’s not going off radar till solid alibi. IMO

LadyNada, Jim_M, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  13. Rubiconbob

I think maternal grandpa was as close to honest we may ever get... he was very upset about marine failure, didn’t make it due to internal issues.

Although if apb for Taurus, y’all might be right, they still wouldn’t put it together... quite... avoids crowds... that’s a big jump to double homicide/ kidnapping...

14. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

I'm not going to continue to down on LE for the Taurus. I believe a higher power worked everything out to the smallest detail that enabled Jayme to escape and be returned to her remaining family.

I am convinced that if JP had seen an APB out on that car, he may very well have killed Jayme and disposed of her body. That car wasn't reported, JP relaxed, felt comfortable enough to leave her unattended at times, a wonderful angel lady took her fur baby hero for a walk, and a caring LE neighbor opened up his home for safe harbor until cops could come to her rescue.

It was a story already written IMHO. I believe in miracles even more so now and an occasional picture of Jayme smiling with her family and doing okay is all I need. :)

Now JP, he's a whole nother' ballgame. Time for this pipsqueak predator to serve out his remaining days behind bars, all alone like he prefers. JMO

15. human

human Well-Known Member

What miracle did Jayme’s dad and mom have as they were blown apart?

What miracle did Jayme have for 88 days?

drama_farmer, LeeAnnB, Forpsy and 4 others like this.
  16. human

human Well-Known Member

What would be the obvious signs? The profile of such a killer?

DancingMuse, Rubiconbob and deugirtni like this.
  17. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

It was a miracle for Jayme that she walked out of hell on earth. I know you're upset Human, we've been on this thread faithfully for months together. We can't change what happened, JP is the only one responsible.

Even if LE had pulled the Taurus over right then, Denise and James would still be dead. It's tragic and our very human nature wants to blame and feeling vengeance is completely normal, I went through it myself to an extent with this case.

I've just learned to place my anger towards JP the defendant and take comfort knowing that brave Jayme outsmarted him and lived to tell her story, which put him behind bars forever. IMO

18. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Why are members posting personal background information about Jake's brother? An excerpt from our rules:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

19. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Mass Guy should sue. That was his suggested title.;)

20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I haven’t made any of those posts, but I could swear that early on we were given the go-ahead to discuss what was posted in MSM about him, and MSM included his criminal background in many reports on his brother. So now I’m completely confused here.

human, LadyNada, JudgeJoe and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.