Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimi in London

Mimi in London Well-Known Member

But don’t you think that when defendents’ families say nothing and keep their heads down, it also rubs people up the wrong way.

I think his pain for them, and his part in that, is sincere.

JMarsh, masyann, bizzle2 and 24 others like this.
  2. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

He can do and say whatever he wants after his son pleads guilty.

JudgeJoe, human, Andreee and 2 others like this.
  3. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

Technically JP can still get out on bail. Highly unlikely but I’m just reminding people how things work. It just amazes me, that’s all. I’m glad I have the brain and mind I do.

Laughing likes this.
  4. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

I’m thinking of the “defense” of JP. What sort of defense case will his lawyers present since he’s already essentially confessed? In discussing the case with the lawyers, would PP not ask for their advice regarding appropriate action, especially with a network appearance? Did ABC contact PP directly or his lawyers?

I’m thinking out of the box here, not just taking what he said at surface value because some decision making went on behind the scenes in order for this interview to take place. Putting a human face on JP isn’t a bad idea, is it? I’m not doubting that PP is sincere, but it was a major step to appear on Good Morning America.

Andreee, Laughing, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  5. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't find PP's or (anybody else's) expression of human compassion bizarre.

To my knowledge, his presence has only been known at the hearings. This father wrote a private letter --of which content has and should remain undisclosed, and most recently requested prayers for JC's complete healing. Reportedly, JC is also a child of faith.

I'm sorry you are offended by him.

JDough, crhedBngr, bizzle2 and 29 others like this.
  6. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Wisconsin is strange state, there is no death penalty, but jury decides sane vs insanity?? Is that correct ?? And u need 10
    Of 12 jurors to accept insanity?? That’s a high bar if that’s what they would eventually try for... I could see that angle , blaming medication, or another Hail Mary, but I don’t see any jury buying anything.

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about JP's defense -- he confessed to double homicide in a cold, calculating manner.

I also don't believe his own family seeking anything more than answers from JP, and for him to be punished for his atrocity. Not once have they used a camera moment to defend JP or his actions, or themselves. (No comparison to Chris Watts family).

PP's 25 second sound bite aired on ABC/GMA exclusively, hardly a "network interview" -- but a "get" for the hounding network I'm sure. In fact, background looks like the hallway of the court. (I also believe we saw the reporter pass a note to PP after the hearing). MOO

8. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

JP used his fathers gun to murder 2 people in cold blood.. He raised this individual and I do think he must be suffering...

I think he is damned either way with regards to making or not making statements

9. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Well-Known Member

Your post isn't unpopular for me at all. I feel the very same way. LE totally dropped the ball on way more than the maroon car. I think that my opinion at this time would be exceptionally unpopular so I've been sitting on my hands at this time. I think that some things could be totally impossible for people to accept.

JDough, human, Andreee and 7 others like this.
  10. lonetraveler

Jim_M and girlhasnoname like this.
  11. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

I totally respect the right to your own opinion LT, even if it differs from mine.

ETA: LoneTravelers original reply

12. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

In my opinion he only has 2 avenues. The first being some sort of insanity but he has been pretty competent so far in his appearances with the judge clearly laying question out to him and him answering.

The second would be to attack the criminal complaint. Let me be the first to say that I believe there was plenty to convict him on without all the extra details on the cc with all 3 people in concert with one another in 90% of the cc. I will leave it at that so I dont break any rules here.

13. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

He did, but I don't think he's entitled to feel relief now. He gave no relief to the Closs family. JMO

14. lonetraveler

Thank you, I appreciate that.

DancingMuse, Jim_M and Lavender Moon like this.
  15. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I agree with you entirely he can offer sympathy and condolences after his son has been sentenced now is not the appropriate time.

JudgeJoe, crhedBngr, human and 6 others like this.
  16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

17. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Excellent post... good points !

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

JP's Dad's statement:

19. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Good- bye my friends

Technically, yes.
    To be clear in case anyone doesn't know: Bail in this case is set at a 5 million dollar ( $5,000,000) CASH BAIL.
    Not a percentage of 5 million dollars as a lot of bonds are made, but the entire 5 million dollars in cash.

20. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

I believe his defense will be schizophrenia. He is the right age for such a diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.