Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IowaMom4

IowaMom4 Well-Known Member

Why do you feel now is not the appropriate time? I feel any time is appropriate to offer sympathy and condolences. If he waits, people would say "Man, I can't believe he isn't saying anything to offer sympathy to her family. What a rude and uncaring man."

2. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Those two did a lot of us in.

MCDRAW, Seattle1, MemPat and 5 others like this.
  3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well-Known Member

The Aunt guardianship was a given considering her long and close relationship with JC once she was free.

My curiosity is with the GAL for JC that was appointed a week of so after the parents murder. Do the tasks the GAL would do now passed over to the Aunt; or does the GAL continue while JC is a minor?

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I believe it depends on how WI handles guardianships. I have seen the GAL stay on during the guardianship to represent the Ward (in this case, JC) and to make sure the Guardian is caring properly for the Ward. If there is money involved, that generally is petitioned to be placed in a locked, restricted account and any withdrawals have to go through the Judge. I do not know how it works in WI. If the Ward has a parent/spouse (generally this is if they are judged incapacitated) the GAL appointment is only until the Guardianship Letters are issued. Again, I do not know WI - this is how I have seen it work where I am located. JMO.

ETA: We can check the docket if guardianships are public?

5. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Good- bye my friends

I hope no one thought I was being contentious, I was stating how the bail would have to be paid as ordered by the judge. Some people might have missed the requirements for the bail. I'm very sorry if there was a misunderstanding in some way.
    Respectfully, IMO.

6. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Hi fellow WS’rs. I have been gone for 3 weeks with no internet access so trying to catch up
    So far I see no further charges filed in Douglas county, JP waived right to PH. JP father did short interview stating prayers for JC and apology
    Anything else that I missed?
    Thanks in advance

7. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

Well.... Not sure if you heard about the SLP case? Not as gruesome, but just as gut wrenching. Two men are in jail for this one. And the details in the Criminal Complaint are horrifying. To put it mildly. I'm not sure if this is OT to the question you asked? Feel free to disregard as I don't want to give anyone nightmares:

Found Safe - TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

IMO JMO + Link :)

8. SeekingJana

I was wrong. There was a definite apology through ABC by P. Patterson.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. SeekingJana

I'm so sorry but this is unbearably horrible. 911 is so easy to dial but no one did for 12 years. God help the children.

10. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

11. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

“I'm very sorry for everything that has happened."

Patterson's father: Pray for Jayme Closs and her family

12. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Below is first info on Patrick Patterson... I get what your saying... I think he tried to say at first... and there’s no manual to apologize for sociopath children ...

I think he is trying to balance apologies... show his true love for son.. and keep jake open enough to listen to him ... at some point I’d think family will force issue in 2/3 weeks... u need to plead out.. we will visit ..
    I think if u had death penalty it’s an easy plead... still think he pleads ..or hope.so soon..

—————

Patrick Patterson, the father of 21-year-old suspect Jake Patterson, sent a handwritten note to Jayme's family expressing sorrow and shame at the murder of her parents and her kidnapping.

"He wanted my family to know that he was sorry and he was crying," Jayme's cousin Jodie Arnold told Inside Edition.

13. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Nope, I think you're up to speed!

girlhasnoname and Rubiconbob like this.
  14. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Sheriff Fitzgerald and Chris Kroeze, voice contestant, will be honored as heroes for involvement in a selfless act of courage and kindness during the past year. The Sheriff's award is "the Hero of a Lifetime" honor. Honored by the NW WI Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Heroes among us: Fitzgerald and Kroeze to be recognized

15. SeekingJana

I was wrong, and I'm sorry. Thank you @sumzero !
    At the end of this statement, Mr. Patrick Patterson does say he's sorry:
    Patrick Patterson, father of Jake Patterson, spoke exclusively to ABC News. Patterson's father: Pray for Jayme Closs and her family

"I most definitely want Jayme's family to know, everyone to know that our hearts are broken for their family," Patterson said. "I would like to humbly ask people to pray for a complete healing of Jayme's heart, mind, and soul. And I would also ask for people to pray for that for their entire family. I'm very sorry for everything that has happened."

BBM.
    I believe what I saw did not have the last sentence, or he was turning away from the reporters as he said it, but I did miss it.
    I was wrong.
    I have immense respect and also sorrow for him. This was a very compassionate thing to say in the midst of his own different type of pain.

God bless and help all who were hurt by JP to heal.

16. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Well-Known Member

Amen.

17. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I agree Mimi.
    JP's Dad is in shock.
    He still loves his son, cannot believe what has happened, and certainly feels for the Close family.
    It is his way of expressing himself, during these times.
    MOO.

18. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

JP's father, who loves his son, is certainly feeling horrid due to his son's actions.
    He is expressing himself, showing empathy towards the Closs family, unlike his son.
    All this is happening, and is revealing his feelings.
    Poor man.
    MOO.

19. SeekingJana

Looking at the huge spectrum of human behavior and crime just in my lifetime, and cases like JP's involving heinous crimes against multiple victims, I want to ask my fellow sleuths who have such vast knowledge of what happens after an arrest and charging:
    Has there been a case in modern times where a total stranger to the accused and the victim or victims paid a bail such as this case's $5,000,000 bail because they believed the person was innocent, or wanted to make a statement, or were simply very wealthy and likely unhinged?

I don't know of any, but I don't usually follow most high profile crimes through the stages past " He pleaded guilty in court".

Also, does the person posting bail of $5,000,000 in this hypothetical instance have to assume responsibility for the person? How do you assume responsibility for a functional ( if very dangerous and unstable) adult's actions, exactly, in the court's eyes? What if the person posting the bail falls into the category of " extremely wealthy but definitely not thinking like the rest of us would?"

20. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

It just doesn’t seem right to me to be offering sympathy and condolences when his son is currently continuing to put the Closs family through an extremely stressful situation by proceeding to trial. His Father knows that some members of the Closs family did not appreciate him writing a letter and he should respect this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.