Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

To holler out that they love him where the relatives of the murdered and kidnapped are sitting is beyond revolting,

They can tell him in a note just like was done with the Closs relatives.

Incredible to me that they would do such an insensitive thing. Ugh

2. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Here is what it boils down to for me: Jayme will never get to hear her parents say "I love you" again. She will never again hear their voices because JTP murdered them in cold blood right in front of her. JTP doesn't deserve to hear "I love you" from his family because he took away Jayme's family. That said, I don't care if they still love him, I don't care if they want to tell him that, but he should have to wait for them to visit him in prison to hear it IMHO. Or they should have passed that on through his lawyers when they met with them. JTP's father yelling anything in court is not appropriate to begin with-- court is not a sporting event-- but to yell "I love you" to JTP in front of Jayme's family members seems tone-deaf to me at the very least.

MOO.

3. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

And right before his Good Morning America interview. I dunno what to think. I’m sure it was sincere but at the same time, I think it’s part of the defense to humanize the story. Our anger at what JP did to the Closs family is justifiable and at the same time, no matter what JP did, his family still feels such a mixed bag of emotion. And I’m pretty certain that in that bag is love and a desire to help him through this nightmare that HE created.

4. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

This is so true. So is this: I will always love you no matter what and without fail, but right now I do not like you very much. I do not mean with regard to this heinous matter, just in general. You can assure your child you will always love them but not their actions necessarily. I would suspect the Ps love their son but they hate his actions and every bit of what he did. I would hope anyhow.

5. ilovechili

The judge was in the room prior to when that occurred and told everyone to be seated if I recall correctly. You do not yell out in a court proceeding in my experience or expect to be silenced and warned at minimum that you may be asked to leave. I guess with this being national and televised and an intensely emotional case, it was let go if it truly occurred. I never heard it on watching any of the videos.

To allow this, then the other family should be able to yell out as well and show support for Jayme and her parents. We saw the rules on the door and it seemed to say otherwise... I guess he was cut a break.

Not meant against him, just saying, I think he should refrain from doing that.

I would not want to be in his/their shoes but I did not feel it to be the best choice. But who am I to judge I guess...? It just goes against any courtroom protocol I have ever seen... Mouthing it is one thing, yelling it is another...

6. ilovechili

I did not know this. I know he is/was segregated. Is he not allowed visitors? I would have thought he is but on maybe a stricter basis. He is only in county jail and not convicted, not doubting it, but I would like to know if that is a fact and where it came from?

I would think he could be seen on a very strict basis and in certain time frames. With his move to Polk, it is a bit of a further hike for his family. In this day and age, rights for perps seem to be almost to the point they bend over backwards to avoid appeals, etc. so for that reason, I find it hard to believe he gets no phone calls nor that family cannot visit.

7. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, no one on the Closs side has said they objected to the brief exchange between JP and his family. Based on the video, it’s not even certain they could hear the exchange on their side of the courtroom. No one “shouted” across a courtroom, in other words, as it has been characterized by some. I certainly don’t begrudge the Patterson family this brief, unobtrusive exchange.

Jayme Closs’ Accused Kidnapper Smiled, Told His Dad ‘I Love You’ After Agreeing to Let Case Move Forward

Confusion, IowaMom4, bizzle2 and 10 others like this.
  8. human

human Well-Known Member

He is in jail. Innocent,

I can see no reason that he cannot get phone calls. They are very expensive, but Jayme does not have the ability to call her parents.

It revolts me. Is there no shame over what the Patterson relative did? A group of three presenting a united front is what it looks like to me.

I do not see the empathy and decorum for the Closs’s.

9. doublestop

doublestop Well-Known Member

Where is the source that says they hollered, yelled, or said anything loudly?

Confusion, IowaMom4, bizzle2 and 6 others like this.
  10. human

human Well-Known Member

Tried to find it on here. Cannot. Have to google.

Anyway, here are the rules for visiting a jail in Polk County. That is where he is?

Visiting Rules

11. human

human Well-Known Member

12. human

human Well-Known Member

DancingMuse likes this.
  13. human

human Well-Known Member

IowaMom4 and DancingMuse like this.
  14. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Just because one might love their children (however old those 'children' may be), and support them through whatever happens in their lives, doesn't necessarily mean forgiveness either. But in reality, what is one to do if their young adult offspring commits such a crime? Simply dump them, stay in the house, and hope the media and public don't blame the parents too?

To the people who believe JP's dad is wrong in the little he has done to date (possibly mouthing/whispering 'I love you' to his son as he's led away, offering sympathy and apology to the victim family, saying very very little to media other than to pray for the victims, showing up at his son's court appearance(s) supported by other immediate family members, anything else?)... I'd be interested in hearing how you believe you would react if your 21 year old son committed such a crime.

15. ilovechili

I also believe he has some contact. We know he does with lawyers, that is never refused. I very much doubt he is not allowed visitors or phone calls--he is in county not in a maximum prison and he is not convicted. I agree. Yup, a phone call is expensive and credit cards are now used too--I hope family is not filling his "canteen or commisary account" (whatever it is called) and providing him a credit card to call.

I say that and feel mean as the family is not the perp. I do agree however that there is a lack of understanding that it is in no way the time to try to connect with the Closs family nor reach them. This is not some car crash and that would be hard enough. It is a heinous planned double cold blooded murder, a kidnapping, a probably abusive situation planned by their son. I do not comprehend JP's dad thinking it is anywhere near a time they can have even begun to process what has been done to their family and loved ones.

I try so hard not to judge but it shows to me a lack of even attempting to put yourself in the other's shoes, not that anyone could.

In court, he had a suit jacket on; on the news video he was in flannel and relaxed clothing I believe. So he had some notice or time before doing the interview.

I hate to be this way but the humbly asking all for prayers for Jayme to become whole and heal hit ME entirely wrong. I cannot imagine how it would strike the family if I just an average stranger following the case felt that way.

On the other hand, I get he is dam*ed if he does and dam*ed if he doesn't.

Enough. Go to court. Sit there like all have to silently (the victims it must be even harder for) and behave and show support for your son just by your presence. To me, even his letter was almost like breaking a restraining order even though he took it to LE to be sure he did not approach the family. He may mean well, but wow, give it a year or two or more.

On the flip side, judging again which I should not, at least he is facing the negativity and the likely number of people against his son for sure if not the family and is not a coward, he is there. Mom?? That is actually harder to comprehend.

I think PP may have good intentions and he is facing this whether we think the way he goes about it is right or wrong and so are the sister and the brother. Where is she?

These cases are getting to me--I know the signs--I am getting long winded... :) My apologies...

DancingMuse, Jim_M, Forpsy and 4 others like this.
  16. ilovechili

So is it a misconception/media lie that he "yelled" I love you? I sure did not hear it and I listened to more than one news video before JP was brought into the courtroom. I could hear the judge so why did I not hear PP yell this?

I hate when things get twisted. I do not agree that PP's timing is right with his letter to the Closses but I am not the victim nor either family. He is simply present for his son as were his sister and brother this last time. Mom is notably absent.

I have thought at length of what I would do. I would do similar, be there but in no way defend his actions. As mortified as I would be, what people may think and facing it and media and public sentiment would not stop me from being present at each hearing. For that, he, the sister and brother deserve some credit--it has to be incredibly hard to know they are in the minority and yet be there and face it all and everyone. Mom? Not so much.

I do not think however I would approach with a letter, etc. I would hope someday maybe to be able to do that but I would never think it would be accepted or welcomed at this point.

As usual, I guess I find myself somewhat in the middle about it...

IowaMom4, DancingMuse, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  17. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

RSBM

I hate when things get twisted too, but the media seem to always do that. This is the first time I have heard that he 'yelled' I love you.. I was listening too.. we likely didn't hear it because it didn't happen that way.

18. ilovechili

That is what i tend to think--it was not yelled, nothing PP has done would fit that yelling. Yet it was said in some media source (i wish i remembered which) and took on a life as fact. I listened more than once.

I would love to be able to trust our media lol that will be the day :D

19. human

human Well-Known Member

This is not their time or place. He could have given a short statement on how no words will soften what has happened. That they are prostrate with grief as to what has happened to the Closs’s.

Then they can stay away from the trial so they are not in the face of people who are dealing with the most horrendous of atrocities. The Patterson’s can go visit JP in jail and expresss their love and support there.

This is not their stage or platform.

20. human

human Well-Known Member

Excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.