Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

A year after abduction, Jayme's hometown again closes ranks to support her

The Closs case proves no one should give up on anyone or any case, he said. "There's no reason to give up hope. That's the message I'm going to say over and over again for the rest of my career."'
This case (along with Mollie Tibbets) got me to sign up and actively follow online here at WS. I was so emotionally invested in Jayme and Mollie. They felt like friends, sisters or nieces to me. How diametrically opposed the endings in these cases were, but both of these young women are absolutely wonderful, loving, kind, fearless, strong and courageous.

I remember thread after thread, when most had given up and stopped posting regularly, some of us hung in debating anything and everything even down to the detail of where the stairs were to the basement. We beat more than a few horses to death LOL. It was an emotional rollercoaster for sure.

Then Jayme escaped and I felt like I could breathe again. It felt like there was still hope left in this world and I could move on to champion another innocent victim, I believe it was Kelsey Berreth. I think most of us come here and participate because we feel for these victims and fight for their justice.

Jayme is a survivor and I've never been more proud of such a young girl who survived pure evil. I think she will go and do great things in life. She is #JaymeStrong!

This case (along with Mollie Tibbets) got me to sign up and actively follow online here at WS. I was so emotionally invested in Jayme and Mollie. They felt like friends, sisters or nieces to me. How diametrically opposed the endings in these cases were, but both of these young women are absolutely wonderful, loving, kind, fearless, strong and courageous.

I remember thread after thread, when most had given up and stopped posting regularly, some of us hung in debating anything and everything even down to the detail of where the stairs were to the basement. We beat more than a few horses to death LOL. It was an emotional rollercoaster for sure.

Then Jayme escaped and I felt like I could breathe again. It felt like there was still hope left in this world and I could move on to champion another innocent victim, I believe it was Kelsey Berreth. I think most of us come here and participate because we feel for these victims and fight for their justice.

Jayme is a survivor and I've never been more proud of such a young girl who survived pure evil. I think she will go and do great things in life. She is #JaymeStrong!
What a beautiful post. I wish I could like it 1,000,000 times. :) MOO

Unimaginable that 1 year ago this Sunday evening Jayme’s life abruptly and horrifically changed. All because some self centered person who thought Were entitled to whatever they wanted with no regard to the harm it would cause others decided to act. I always felt that Jayme was alive- no real reason just a gut feeling. I will always remember the day she so bravely took it upon herself to take control and the tears of joy I felt. You would have thought she was my daughter. I am so thankful she has a loving family to fall back on, a community there to support her and all of the people around the world including those of us on WS to love her and wish her only good things in her future

Jayme has been on my mind the past week or so leading up to today. I am sure she is surrounded by her loved ones and they are doing their best even though they too must be finding it so very difficult. Thinking too of James and Denise and their last horror and their stolen lives. Surely they watch from above and know that their girl made it. I hope that she feels them.

I really hate that there are anniversaries like this.

And hugs to all of you, so many here worked so hard and kept the faith and will continue to do so.

I was just coming here to post this! So good to hear she is back to doing things she enjoys. MOO

"I really want to thank everyone for all the kindness and concern that people all over the country have shown me," Jayme said in a statement to ABC News. "I am very happy to be home and getting back to the activities that I enjoy. I love hanging out with all of my friends, and I feel stronger every day!”

:):):):):):):):):):):)

I really hate that there are anniversaries like this.

I understand what you are saying. The evil is horrible. Bad news sells, such as stories of a plane crash.

Let the anniversaries celebrate strength for the good. There are thousands of good people in that community whose spirits and good acts continue to triumph with Jamie.

If there was no anniversary it would be like the tragic events never happened (which of course would have been the best.) Evil happened; we can’t change that, but choosing not to remember - at least on an anniversary - would also ignore the triumph of good.

Just like D-Day and 9-11, the spirit of good triumphed over evil.
THAT is what we celebrate.

Does anyone know if the PO box address is still active for her? Thank you.

Having survived different kinds of trauma in my teenage years, I have one message that I would like to share with Jayme:

When strangers (or anyone else) ask inappropriate, uncomfortable or overstepping questions, answer with “Why do you ask?” It quickly establishes a position of strength. If the question is not justified, the person asking the question will retreat. More detail here for anyone interested: Why Do You Ask? - INDELIBLE SPIRIT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back