AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Unlikely as the neighbor indicated the shots were just a second or two apart, and they were found in different parts of the house, and LE indicated multiple casings.

2. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

Not legally

3. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Jmo I doubt they could even know for sure who died first, except by circumstantial evidence. Not medically, too close together.

4. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I just right now asked hubby if a car backfires more than once seconds apart.

5. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Ok. I haven't been able to read every single post on every single thread here, but this is definitely the first time (I remember) reading about baby Lewis.

6. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

As a previous teenager, as well as someone used to living in the boonies, I don't think it's strange at all.

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

How close can they pin down tod?

Subiechik21 and PommyMommy like this.
  8. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Did he roll his eyes? Tell me he rolled his eyes.

tragco, GinaSeikwa, Lucyray and 32 others like this.
  9. elektroangel

elektroangel Well-Known Member

Everyone has scanners in small communities. They didn't necessarily get notified. And if they were called wouldn't it be on the report? The call to the brother after 8am was in the report as well as the aunt who took the dog.

There was no mention of Jamie for almost 2 hours after they arrived, if I remember reading it right. I think they had to go through the house to discover this. I don't think they knew who all was living there upon arrival, as he stated in the first PC they had no prior interaction with the household.

Lucyray, Subiechik21, human and 7 others like this.
  10. SausagePizza

SausagePizza Well-Known Member

I think there is not to many Red/Orange Dodge Challengers/Chargers running around the streets of this WI rural area. If somebody or a few people owns one around there it should not be to hard to find out whose car/cars it is. When you buy that type of car you show it off.

11. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

LoL...

tragco, Lucyray, Bravo and 15 others like this.
  12. Myrtlesandroses

Myrtlesandroses Member

Not necessarily true. We're just the next county over from Barron-- Some predators and nocturnal animals are legal to hunt at night, year round. Coyotes come to mind as they are beginning to become bothersome to livestock and property this time of year.

13. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Yikes, that sounds really stressful, having your home investigated like that. I know that the FBI is doing a great job following up on things, but I honestly can't think of anything else that would unnerve me, besides knowing my neighbors were murdered next door, than to have them come into my home, looking for potential evidence. They must be nervous wrecks. I am not so sure I could stay there, after that!

Lil, Betty P, Subiechik21 and 10 others like this.
  14. mikeh

mikeh Member

Hello everyone. I've been a member for years, and this is my very first post.
    I've read a lot of possible scenarios in this case and have given thought to each one. It's hard to stick with one since there's very little info to go on.
    I've read just about every post, but am not sure if this has been brought up yet.
    I don't know what JC's and DC's job descriptions entailed; but, does anyone think it's possible that either of them could have seen something 'they shouldn't have'? Maybe even in one of the tractor trailers. Or overheard something they weren't supposed to hear? Perhaps they 'needed' to be silenced?
    My mind is all over the place with all the possibilities, but I keep coming back to this.
    What do y'all think? (don't beat me up...lol)

Le Singe, jjevans, Lucyray and 33 others like this.
  15. Alexsea

Alexsea Well-Known Member

What do we think tomorrow will bring, via searchers or the cars? I personally think we’ll lose one of the cars in the next 48 as irrelevant because the owner will come forward. I’m not sure what to expect of 2000 searchers. That could be...

16. retiredrickyinCO

retiredrickyinCO Denali Take 1st step tht separates dreaming, doing

I believe a friend told me you can hunt coyotes year round in WI even at night with no bag limit. I will check to verify but he is an avid hunter so I would like to believe he is correct.

Rural_PC, Subiechik21, human and 6 others like this.
  17. whatsherface

whatsherface Well-Known Member

I wonder what the trigger was to conduct another ground search? Maybe her cell phone pinged since they say they can’t comment on it.....

Is this one that they will be side by side almost touching walking? I’m so worried that they will find something close by like this. I don’t really know how to express or to say what I mean.. I can in my head but when I type it out it’s different. Ugh.

18. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi vmmking,
    Our IT guru is aware of the issue and working on resolving it. It's frustrating for mods too as we're trying to read alerts, respond to messages, create threads etc. :oops: But we are usually aware of it very quickly so no need for users to report it. Hopefully we can get it resolved soon.
    Whiskers

While I'm already posting, I'm going to work on some updates to my post on page 1 for a little bit, but anticipating to close the thread for the night within the next 30 mins.

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It would certainly be nerve racking, but so is what happened to their neighbors.

20. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with this. There are more Challengers on the road now, but when my husband & I bought our Challenger in 2012 we were rock stars everywhere we went.

Subiechik21, Sanz, Moonracer and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.