AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has scanners in small communities. They didn't necessarily get notified. And if they were called wouldn't it be on the report? The call to the brother after 8am was in the report as well as the aunt who took the dog.

There was no mention of Jamie for almost 2 hours after they arrived, if I remember reading it right. I think they had to go through the house to discover this. I don't think they knew who all was living there upon arrival, as he stated in the first PC they had no prior interaction with the household.

Yes! Thank you for speeding up my thought process! That’s what I was trying to put together and you summed it up perfectly! There’s something to this information.

I just want to add a note about the Challengers. Not all of them are as loud as the one in the posted video. How the vehicle sounds depends on which engine it has as well as the type of exhaust system/exhaust modification. Mr. Pink has one and it does not have a deep rumble, in fact, it would be pretty quiet had the previous owner not modified the exhaust. So, keeping eyes open and discounting what the vehicle sounds like seems the best bet to me.

Long time lurker and now member. I love this site and the intelligent, respectful discussion between members. Thank you!

I finally signed up primarily to respond to stereotyping of addicts ie “meth head” being different than an alcoholic. That’s the type of justification that keeps people in their disease rather than seek help. “I have to drink first thing in the morning but at least I’m not a meth head” is a ridiculous statement but one used by those distorted by belief they are any different. It’s the driver, not the drug. The why, not the what. This sort of thought process allows many good (and bad) people suffering from addiction to hide in plain sight.

Let’s not discount anyone at this point and let’s find Jayme.
Thank you for this.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in a previous thread, or it has been discussed, but do we have any idea of the type of weapon. Where I live in Wisconsin, for example, a shotgun for hunting might be more common place. My apologies if this has been mentioned. All I can see is "casings." But that doesn't give me an idea of the weapon used. Thanks in advance.

Not necessarily true. We're just the next county over from Barron-- Some predators and nocturnal animals are legal to hunt at night, year round. Coyotes come to mind as they are beginning to become bothersome to livestock and property this time of year.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Myrtlesandroses! :)
Thanks for clarifying.​
Hello everyone. I've been a member for years, and this is my very first post.
I've read a lot of possible scenarios in this case and have given thought to each one. It's hard to stick with one since there's very little info to go on.
I've read just about every post, but am not sure if this has been brought up yet.
I don't know what JC's and DC's job descriptions entailed; but, does anyone think it's possible that either of them could have seen something 'they shouldn't have'? Maybe even in one of the tractor trailers. Or overheard something they weren't supposed to hear? Perhaps they 'needed' to be silenced?
My mind is all over the place with all the possibilities, but I keep coming back to this.
What do y'all think? (don't beat me up...lol)
:) Glad you came out of lurking, mikeh! :)

Yikes, that sounds really stressful, having your home investigated like that. I know that the FBI is doing a great job following up on things, but I honestly can't think of anything else that would unnerve me, besides knowing my neighbors were murdered next door, than to have them come into my home, looking for potential evidence. They must be nervous wrecks. I am not so sure I could stay there, after that!

I don't think they were looking for evidence, per se... I think they were looking for a person, presumably Jayme.
Even if they obtained consent to search for evidence, they wouldn't. They would obtain a warrant. Their looking in closets and under (crawlspace?) indicated they were looking for a person, either hiding, or hidden.

Hi vmmking,
Our IT guru is aware of the issue and working on resolving it. It's frustrating for mods too as we're trying to read alerts, respond to messages, create threads etc. :oops: But we are usually aware of it very quickly so no need for users to report it. Hopefully we can get it resolved soon.
Whiskers

While I'm already posting, I'm going to work on some updates to my post on page 1 for a little bit, but anticipating to close the thread for the night within the next 30 mins.
Thank you!

I think there is not to many Red/Orange Dodge Challengers/Chargers running around the streets of this WI rural area. If somebody or a few people owns one around there it should not be to hard to find out whose car/cars it is. When you buy that type of car you show it off.
FYI: it is a college town, College of Wisconsin-Barron County, and there can be visitors frequently because of that.

<modsnip - discussing moderation>. So far we know very little so we take what facts we do know..about the family, about the area they lived in and we try to come up with a reason for all of this. Yea you could say we have no idea that this is drug fueled but how do you know its not. We dont know if she ever had a boyfriend or talked to anyone online, so why ever bring it up it really doesnt have anything to do with the case (<- horrible logic) I think no stone should be left unturned and when people say people addicted to drugs have to look a certain way or cant drive a 20k car its just wrong. In my eyes with this thinking you could have someone that is never looked at because they dont fit the description of a addict. Maybe its time for me to take a step back from posting for a bit.

This post was not meant to offend anyone i just have to say how i feel. We all share the same goal and thats to find the people who are missing and in this case its jayme. Alot of people have good things to add, good leads to follow, good input from things they have experienced that could help fill in some pieces to this puzzle. <modsnip - discussing moderation>

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent point. If multiple means more than two (corresponding to the two shots heard) - and the additionals were spent casings - then that potentially changes things. I'd have to think through that! It will likely be some time before we get more clarity on the scene and what the 'multiple' might entail - including how it matches up (or not) with what was heard that night.
Multiple also means two or more. Not necessarily more than two.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in a previous thread, or it has been discussed, but do we have any idea of the type of weapon. Where I live in Wisconsin, for example, a shotgun for hunting might be more common place. My apologies if this has been mentioned. All I can see is "casings." But that doesn't give me an idea of the weapon used. Thanks in advance.
At this time we do not know the type of weapon. Choice of firearm for hunting depends on what it is you're hunting. If you are hunting deer for example, you would use a rifle. If you are hunting fowl, you would use a shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong