AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Trying to reconcile why the suspect(s) remained in the home for almost 30 minutes, it occurred to me that IF Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom (hypothetical) , perhaps Jayme was also in that bathroom. That COULD account for the roughly 30 minutes, and also might explain why the sounds were clearly heard on the cell phone.

Just a thought.

BB71, 8paws, Cj707 and 18 others like this.

2. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

I can't imagine the logistics of organizing such a large group and for the entire day. moo

8paws, Bravo, Gardener1850 and 15 others like this.
  3. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

4. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Steelslady? I live in the middle of a large forest, and yes I hear gunfire very often. People hunt all around me, and yes we have lots of coyotes and bears too. But if I hear gunfire very close to me in the middle of the night comming from a nearby house where it would be unusual to hear gunshots because they don't have livestock or chicken coops and don't normally fire guns, then like I said, I would come outside to investigate and probably see the cars driving past my house. I never said I would call the police or that anyone was lieing.

When you have lived in the forest for a while you get a sense of what's normal and what's not. If I lay in bed in the morning and hear loud rapid gunfire, that would seem normal to me considering its hunting season. But like I said before: it would not be normal in the middle of the night comming from an area where you normally wouldn't hear gunfire or if it sounds like it's in your own back yard.

adot0902, 8paws, Mollyandme and 7 others like this.
  5. PastaKing

PastaKing Member

That photo of Jayme standing on the porch...yesterday, someone posted the Facebook page where this was first posted. It was the Power Washing company that did work on her house. The photo was posted on something like June 15, 2016. If you look at photos the page posted on June 16 (the next day), I think it is showing the back of their house. It looks like there is a rear door that would connect to the basement. This thread moves so fast that I can't find this post, nor can I remember the name of the power washing company. The discussion was yesterday and was around spending money on power washing/painting their house.

6. Slowermotion

Slowermotion Former Member

Correct me if I’m wrong. Has someone implied she was not ??

7. CarGoVroomVroom

CarGoVroomVroom Well-Known Member

It would take a scan of the court system website to determine that or a call to the detective's, as here, the detectives do these visits in their "free time". I would assume add another 50 for level 1 and 2, bringing the total double that of the level 3s, all combined.

thesnowflakesparkles and human like this.
  8. MadCityNative

MadCityNative Well-Known Member

Me neither, especially in that area, e.g. mostly rural, few large parking areas. I would have probably set up 2-3 areas...maybe even one in Rice Lake.

KitKat2xx8, human and Jax49 like this.
  9. littlegreycells31

littlegreycells31 Member

Good point.

8paws, Mountain_Kat and kirkassoc like this.
  10. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

Good morning fellow sleuthers!

Thoughts and prayers for LE, volunteer searchers, the family, and Jayme today. May this be the day that many questions are answered.

11. GadzookGal

GadzookGal Member

Thank you all who are turning out to help locate this sweet girl.

The house layout - I’ve been in homes similar - the garage is located under the general living space it looks like. Sometimes people turn that garage space into a family room and leave the garage doors in place. There are usually a step up and then stairs up and either storage or a bedroom or two on the other side of the stairs. Sometimes these partially exposed foundations have a patio door/walk out as well at this level - has something like this been mentioned? A lot of times it’s right under a deck space. I know the focus was the front door but curious if maybe there’s an additional entry that isn’t used as frequently by the family but could have provided additional access.

Gardener1850, cody22 and human like this.
  12. jcoast

jcoast Well-Known Member

hmmm.... only 2 shots to kill 2 people. Let's just suppose this was a professional hit. The shooter(s) knew where to put the rounds, didn't just blaze away. The parents were the target. Let's say they didn't know what to do with Jayme (hitters might balk at killing a child) so they just took her. Now they are driving away and trying to figure out what to do with the young girl in the trunk. If they decide to kill her and bury the body they'll probably drive for a couple hours do a little off-roading and dig a shallow grave. After they get back on the road they will drive a couple more hours and look for as place to clean up(blood splatter, gunshot residue, etc.). Ok...so we are looking for a couple of guys 200-300 miles away cleaning up somewhere. Their clothes and car will show what they have been doing.

human likes this.
  13. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a link to a live streaming of the volunteer registration/search site?
    TIA

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

LaLaw2000, 8paws, JDough and 12 others like this.
  15. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

I misread your original post, we are in agreement. The true number of sex offenders for the area is even higher due to all of the ones that aren't listed in the online databases. 92 sex offenders in Barron would be one for every 36 residents. Wow.

16. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

I don’t think it was only two shots. The report said multiple rounds spent. 2 shots were heard, but I think there were more

Also, unless it was a professional hit, which it doesn’t seem to be given the chaos of the crime scene, usually bodies are dumped within a given radius of the crime scene, “the comfort zone”. I think she will be found not too far from the house, IMO

8paws, Al Ka, HarvestMoon and 9 others like this.
  17. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

LoL at Iceland time! :D The threads usually open around 7:30 Mountain time. It looks like today the thread opened about 8:00 Mountain time.

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

:) Welcome to Websleuths, @jcoast! :)

8paws, Bravo, Gardener1850 and 4 others like this.
  19. 1987

1987 Former Member

am I understanding correctly.....a company that was used for a service to the home took pics of the front with the child and then the back and posted them publicly? so anyone could look and see the outside lay out of the home and entrances and know a child lived there?

LaLaw2000, Twizzy563, human and 14 others like this.
  20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

I don't think that's actually a thing with Catholics in the states. Two days would seem pretty rushed here. Funerals are generally stretching out a bit longer in recent years as the reasons that used to exist for quick burials are no longer relevant, and with families no longer staying in the same area as they used to, people tend to be giving more time for folks to get home.

I'm an American Catholic, midwestern, in fact, and these are just my observations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.