AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

We shot a coyote at 3 am awhile back. Not a single neighbor said a word until we face booked everyone several days later to let them what happened. Some neighbors didn't hear a thing, others simply replied that they DID recall hearing that, and just assumed someone shot a fox or something. In rural farming communities, it's just not that alarming to hear gunshots. It happens alot.

Indy Anna, human, adot0902 and 10 others like this.

2. Mandie K

Mandie K Well-Known Member

Laura60 and MFH like this.
  3. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

Hi all - looong time lurker and first time poster. Long story short, I've been following WS for a few years now (family connection to the Allison Feldman murder in AZ) and living in WI, only about 3.5 hours from Barron and having a cabin about 2.5 hours from there, it's somewhat "close to home".

First - the main thing I want to not for anyone searching out vehicle connections (and yes, I've sent this to the Sheriff's Dept. as well) is the pics they have of the Acura MDX are the 2007-2013 model (second gen). I owned an '08 in the past (black, ironically enough) and the years they have listed cover two different and very different-looking generations. The 1st gen 2001-2006 actually would look more similar to a Ford Edge. Not being that far from MSP, I could see an older MDX easily in this area, despite being more of a "foreign", city-dweller type vehicle (to stereotype a bit). Have they released any actual vehicle footage that would help narrow it down? The stock pics don't do much and don't really help get public input to verify the year/model...I've been astounded by the minute details some people can pick out even in a grainy video clip to really help.

I'll add to the chorus here that gunshots in the northwood and rural areas are common, day or night. Our cabin backs on to state land on two sides and there's a shooting range on the backside of our lake where people frequently do target practice for hours upon hours on the weekends (I got hit by some random birdshot last summer while fishing, thankfully on the way down at the end of its range...the local Sheriff had people rearrange the targets for obvious safety reasons). People will frequently "hunt" coyotes and/or wolves at night around there, so it's not out of the norm for loud bangs at just about any hour. Especially with the change in daylight times, dark is starting earlier and earlier, so while it's dark, it's not really that late.

Anyway, I have a hundred theories and a thousand thoughts running through my head about this and have been following the case from the beginning (Amber alert on my phone went off disrupting my GPS/Maps as we were using then to navigate Chicago through traffic/construction on our way back from vacation last week!), but I can pretty much disprove them all with what we think we know vs. what we know are facts (which is very little right now). Hoping for a good outcome, or at least as good as it can be, considering the known status of the parents.

Indy Anna, human, Mercedes and 18 others like this.
  4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Likely a re post, but does not hurt to be reminded of the cars to watch out for.
    Authorities expand ground search for missing Wisconsin girl
    rbbm.
    Oct 23 2018
    "Two cars that may have been travelling near the Closs family's home on the night of the killings are being sought in the case, Fitzgerald said.

Investigators are looking for a red or orange Dodge Challenger and a black Ford Edge or black Acura MDX
    . Fitzgerald didn't have information on the cars' license plates."

Indy Anna, human, Mercedes and 6 others like this.
  5. Molly_L

Molly_L Member

ahhhh - thank you! Missed that for her.

dotr and JaneEyre like this.
  6. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

I disagree. I cannot imagine organizing such a huge search just to walk around and see what they find. I think something triggered this search and they have a real expectation of finding something.

Indy Anna, human, Rural_PC and 24 others like this.
  7. Marli61

Marli61 Well-Known Member

8. Dum-Dum Sucker

Dum-Dum Sucker Well-Known Member

9. Crystal Regan

Crystal Regan Well-Known Member

5FBE980C-580E-4598-8ECD-99FACF50FD6A.jpeg 2E11A229-75E0-4DE2-9677-BF3DCF14AC4F.jpeg A1AE3D0A-13AB-4AEC-9C98-C73E10E1966D.jpeg The house I was raised in was almost identical to this one. Ours had brick and different windows. I am trying to find the stock layout. Ours was built in the 70s by my father who says the floor plan was very common and inexpensive to build in the day. Our basement was well weatherproofed but not finished with a wood burner to help heat the house along with electric heat. Steps to the upstairs were on the right wall and led to the den/ kitchen. Also on the back was two bathrooms. Two bedrooms above the garage and a living room on the front where the front door was. We had an outside exit on the right side upstairs. It looks like the Closs house had this as well. The bathroom had no window. The one piece tub sat against the exterior wall on the back. Don’t know if it’s the same but just reminds me so much of my childhood home.

10. Joebob77

Joebob77 Active Member

I agree. At this point we don't know where Jayme was when her mother was shot. She could've been in the bathroom hiding with her mom. This could explain the uncertainty about who called 911 and the yelling and screaming heard in the call.

11. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I suspect some of the similarities are due to the FBI's Rapid Response Team that shows up within hours when a girl/boy goes missing.

I remember them well from the Abigail Hernandez kidnapping.

I think, sadly, the more they do the better they become. They also have video cameras and pinging cell towers.

We're getting better at finding our kids! Wish we could develop a much better solar system for finding remains! No family should have to wait and sorry when their child's remains lay within a mile of two from home! Caylee Anthony, Mollie Tibbetts.

We can send a man to the moon we can find our kids!

human, JDough, Al Ka and 15 others like this.
  12. Jerrod

Jerrod Well-Known Member

Unless and until it’s established that it was Jayme’s voice heard yelling in the background during the 911 call, it’s not a foregone conclusion the suspect(s) and Jayme lingered at the scene the entire ~30 minutes.

snowleopard, human, dotr and 4 others like this.
  13. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Did the Closs's normally shoot guns all night long?

Mercedes and dotr like this.
  14. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

If they were from dash cameras they would have plates. Both are side views and I believe are coming from video cameras!

human and dotr like this.
  15. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been brought up already but has anyone noticed the mailbox at the end of the drive? Possibly hit by a vehicle? Or maybe just a snowplow. Are there any pics that have been shown of the house prior to that day that would show the mailbox. I would think LE would automatically look for scraped vehicle paint. You can see it at about 00:28 in the video portion of the news article. Jayme Closs: FBI expands search nationwide for missing Wisconsin girl

human, Mercedes, Colorado303 and 3 others like this.
  16. cheko1

cheko1 Well-Known Member

It is but always fools with guns

human, Ursamajr and dotr like this.
  17. Ari_

Ari_ On Time Out

Seeing that was something else. What a sight.

Indy Anna, human, Ommmm and 11 others like this.
  18. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

I never hear people hunting at night.

bizzle2 likes this.
  19. TCIntriguedIN30

TCIntriguedIN30 Well-Known Member

LaLaw2000, Indy Anna, human and 17 others like this.
  20. celticthyme

celticthyme Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.