AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find a thread that I can post on... This thing is blowing up fast!!... I just had a few comments based on comments I have been reading... The last two houses I have lived in neither had locking bathroom doors. My current house has 2 bathrooms and neither have a lock. Also I read a comment about screen doors.... 9 out of 10 times our screen door is never locked. I have just recently started locking it in addition to the regular outside door. Also living in a wooded area, we hear gun shots on a regular basis and never think anything of it. Its not something that would make us look out the windows to see what is going on. Normally its like "oh theres a gun shot." Then go on about our business. I know these aren't specifics about the case, but they are circumstances that can be normal in someones life. No locked screen door, No bathroom locks, neighbors disreguarding a gunshot.... just adding a different perspective.

human, TRB, chihuahua and 3 others like this.

2. Juno

Juno Active Member

My thoughts on this search is that it could create the need for a perp to "move" due to the location and sheer size of the search group and radius, or they ask for 2000 of the 3000 residents of the town, to see who shows up or more importantly who does not.

Bluebythec, human, Mercedes and 4 others like this.
  3. BB71

BB71 Well-Known Member

4. Ari_

Ari_ On Time Out

I agree and you are the first person to feel the same that I have spoken to. It seems targeted and not just because they might find a phone or something.

human, Mercedes, Gardener1850 and 5 others like this.
  5. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

This was great. Thanks for sharing it! Welcome to WS.

human, KLB, chihuahua and 6 others like this.
  6. pinkfly

pinkfly Well-Known Member

Only caught half the presser so was anxious to get home late last night and get on here to catch up. Thread was closed and I couldn't get like button to work so I just read. Thank you all for answering all my questions in your great discussions. Was feeling very down about the situation but now watching the live search effort I am touched. Thank you @rainynights for finding that live feed. And @SharonNeedles does your avatar change a little each day? It was especially creeping me out in the wee hours catching up...

And today my like button is working.

So hoping that this search produces something. Can you imagine the jubilation if something leads to a live Jayme.

human, rainynights, chihuahua and 6 others like this.
  7. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I see it the other way around. They have a potential and maybe significant lead and need extra manpower to cover the square footage in a shorter period of time. Hopeful, I am.

8. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Per the sheriff in an interview on the HLN Ashley Banfield show Crime and Justice last night tips received led to this search today!

human, Gardener1850, Al Ka and 13 others like this.
  9. cheko1

cheko1 Well-Known Member

I am at a total loss here........ the neighbors heard a gun shot. Ok if the cops had not been called & the bodies found. Those neighbors would never of known where the gun shot came from. In the country, at night, gun shots echo.

10. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Is trapping still legal in WI? If so when is the season? So many woods there.

Mandie K likes this.
  11. JRW

JRW Well-Known Member

People spotlight deer in the country illegally all the time

chihuahua, j_in_c, WonderMore and 2 others like this.
  12. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

Here you go:
    SORT :: home

The vehicle button is the blue one in the upper left on the offender's page.

_Jane_Doe_ likes this.
  13. _Jane_Doe_

_Jane_Doe_ Well-Known Member

Wonderful! You're the best, thanks heaps :)

thesnowflakesparkles likes this.
  14. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

15. whatsherface

whatsherface Well-Known Member

I thought when they said at the presser they wouldn’t comment about her phone. It may have pinged in that area.. so that’s what they are looking for.

human, chihuahua, SeattleStew and 6 others like this.
  16. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

I agree. LE is actively working this case, and time is of the essence.

I wonder whether the time elapsed in collecting video (and, perhaps, in analyzing it) in Mollie’s case informed the decision process here in terms of calling in all necessary resources, including the community, as soon as a need is identified. I also applaud the sheriff’s office in giving clear direction to locals to check their property and call in anything that might help them find Jayme.

17. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

FYI

18. cakegirl0905

cakegirl0905 Well-Known Member

Amazing. I live in Denver, but drove down to Dallas for the weekend. I saw billboards for Jayme on the outskirts of Dallas. Happy to see that even so far away there is an effort to spread awareness.

19. Slapjack

Slapjack New Member

This is my first post. Is it possible that they seen some type of ATV tracks leading away from the house or something that has them focused on this area .

human, charminglane, Lucyray and 4 others like this.
  20. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Out on back roads sure, but probably not so much on a main highway in front of people's house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.