AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theteardropexplodes

theteardropexplodes Former Member

I have a g0od feeling about the search. LE knows something.

LaLaw2000, miss lisa, human and 16 others like this.
  2. Yesiamapirate

Yesiamapirate Well-Known Member

Try going to one of the local news channels online. They may do some live streaming. You can then just listen. I did this on my phone last time they did a search. I can't remember the stations web site but I was able to listen to the live feed. Hope this helps. Edited to say you can google local news sources. They are most likely to live stream.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    human likes this.
  3. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

4. Amandaaa

Amandaaa Verified Attorney

Good morning...

My thoughts (JMO):

This was personal.

If they had simply wanted to take Jayme, there are other easier/less risky options that don’t involve murder.

They chose the middle of the night nearly ensuring that all 3 occupants would be home (why not strike while one of the parents was working, if they truly worked opposite shifts?)

James was shot at (or through) the door - these are the gunshots heard by the neighbor. This woke Denise and Jayme, and they hid/barricaded themselves. House is small and it didn’t take long to find them. The remaining gunshots were inside and therefore not heard by the neighbors.

There was more than one intruder. Too risky for one person working alone. What if one of the 3 occupants fought back, or ran out of the house?

They had a mission to accomplish - kill both parents, take Jayme.

JMO

5. Ari_

Ari_ On Time Out

Me too. Though, I wasn't sure if it was just because I wanted to feel hopeful or if I really do feel hopeful...

6. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I’m sending much gratitudes and good vibes to the volunteers today. I pray they find a break in the case that will lead them to Jayme and/or the suspects.

FYI: I noticed a couple of comments on the Barron Sheriff’s Dept fb page yesterday that were nearly identical to posts made here. Please be aware there are some very observant folks here, even lurkers, who would now have your real name. Just be mindful of your privacy when posting. ;)

JDough, human, Al Ka and 13 others like this.
  7. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Not that I’ve seen this morning but someone did sleuth a family member which is definitely against the rules.

8. EJB123456

EJB123456 Well-Known Member

Yes I’m listening to HLN on XM Susan Hendricks (?) on Across America and she too indicated the search was instigated from a tip.

human, chihuahua, angelainwi and 8 others like this.
  9. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Per the obit, the family will do a private burial at some future date (not specified as to when).
    Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home

E
    TA: I changed the original wording in the original post from "memorial" to "burial" as I double checked and found its a private burial they'll be doing, not a memorial.

human, Mercedes, Gardener1850 and 6 others like this.
  10. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

They were told and they haven’t done it again. ;)

11. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Well...to be accurate, we can't POST what we find when we sleuth family members. ;)

human, sarahhod, the seeker and 12 others like this.
  12. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Since they posted photos of vehicles they are interested in finding, probably not a get-away by ATV. Seems pretty far to travel that way also, at night, in the colder weather. But thanks for contributing and Welcome to Websleuths!

13. Lizzack1

Lizzack1 Active Member

I (respectfully!) disagree that they would only organize such a huge search unless they are truly at a loss.

The scope of the search is indeed large, but I would imagine the decision was made after carefully evaluating the pros and cons/benefits and risks beforehand. We aren’t privy to what evidence LE has or doesn’t have to weigh at this point. All we know is that 2 people have been murdered, a 13 year old child is unaccounted for and endangered, nothing has been ruled out, and this search is deemed a necessary step in their investigation at this point.

MOO - it’s not coincidental that a large next day search was announced on the day of an evening gathering for Jayme. In a small tight knight community where attendance- or lack of- and people’s behavior and movements will be closely monitored by LE.
    Remember that air craft was being used to map the search yesterday, and so they have a clear picture of what that area looks like ahead of the search. Now, I’m not going to pretend I know what technology is used for this or how it’s actually done, but I would imagine they could tell if there were disturbances to the area overnight. I also think that search area was closely watched during the gathering and over night. The hope being, someone might be panicking, move evidence, do something to catch the attention of LE or others.

I know that doesn’t paint a much more hopeful picture of how much they may know, but at the end of the day, at the very least, they will have covered a large search area.

snowleopard, human, Mercedes and 13 others like this.
  14. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

15. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Ha! I thought of putting that disclaimer but didn’t think the mods would like it :D

human, Inthedetails, zecats and 2 others like this.
  16. Mountain_Kat

LaLaw2000, chihuahua, callyn and 4 others like this.
  17. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

After being on WS for a number of years and seeing the worst of the worst in people, seeing this unbelievable number of people gathering together in hope for this little girl is so uplifting. It makes you realize that the good far outnumbers the evil in our society today. May they find that for which they are searching today. God bless everyone who came out in support of this search.

18. Mountain_Kat

The sound of that helicopter is driving me nuts. ( Sorry for the off topic, but honestly, we're all just watching right now anyway, right ? )

LaLaw2000, Suglo and rainynights like this.
  19. MadCityNative

MadCityNative Well-Known Member

My guess is that it would be a distraction and seem too self-serving in an election year. Still, I'm surprised he hasn't issue a press release or something praising LE and asking the state to pray, pitch in, etc....

human and Cardinal47 like this.
  20. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Verified No Filter

Lol! My avatar actually creeps ME out a bit too. I don’t have a fear of clowns or anything, but Captain Spaulding is creepy beyond words.

human, kgreg2529, TRB and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.