AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting detail in the article. Denise being in an upstairs bathroom means the bedrooms are probably upstairs, right? Jayme was likely upstairs as well? (Speculating aloud)

"Officers are working on the assumption that Denise made the call from an upstairs bathroom where she hid when shooting broke out.

It is thought there was a knock at the family's front door before James went to answer and was shot through the woodwork.

The door was then kicked in before the killer went into the house, shot Denise dead and kidnapped Jayme, it is believed."

Elizabeth Smart joins appeal for missing teen Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online
Doesn’t look like a two-story house in the photos. Perhaps the fact that the garage is under the main floor due to layout of land. Upstairs could refer to main floor. Imo

On the offenders, typically these are the level 3. Level 1 and 2s are not publicly listed, but get yearly visits from LE. Hoping one of those two vehicle owners already told LE they were in area at said time

Good point. My guess would be that there is not much difference in the rates of one to the other, though. Meaning if the area has a high rate of level 3, it would have a high rate of level 1 or 2. Do you know if this is the case?

Doesn’t look like a two-story house in the photos. Perhaps the fact that the garage is under the main floor due to layout of land. Upstairs could refer to main floor. Imo

Good catch. I would assume "upstairs" means main floor, then, which would be the same floor the killer(s) entered because it's the same floor as the front door.

I cannot express how sad this makes me. Not sure what to make of them going forward with the funeral with JC still missing. There's no timing issue for burial with Catholics but I'm sure this family is suffering and there can be great comfort in the ritual of the funeral mass. God bless them while they deal with this nightmare.

Jmo.
It could be that they are more traditional Catholics, who tend to bury their loved ones very quickly. I don't know if that's the case here, but the Catholic church does still generally recommend funerals to take place as quickly after death as arrangements can be made. This practice may vary from place to place, though.

Where I live, it is the norm for Catholic funerals to be held within two days of the person dying. A week would be considered a very long time to wait and that would only generally happen if a postmortem was required or a close family member needed time to travel from overseas to attend.
Having a funeral weeks or months later is pretty much unheard of here (Ireland).

So perhaps — if they are a more traditional congregation — that is their custom in that particular community and it would be upsetting for the family to delay the funeral mass indefinitely. It is very sad that Jayme cannot attend but hopefully in the future, if she's safely found, she can attend a memorial mass for her parents. Fingers crossed.

That’s a very interesting theory. Shoots him and then kicks in the door or uses it to shoot small window. The first thing that stood out to me when looking at the pictures of the house was how much easier it may have been to gain entry from one of those front windows. Am I mistaken that there was at least one small pumpkin near the front bushes? Why not use that to break the window? Seems like noise wasn’t a concern here.
I think it makes more sense than blindly shooting into a solid door. If someone knocked on my door that late at night I would have definitely looked out the small window to see who it was before I would open it at all. Jmo

Sorry if this article has been posted. Daily mail— not reliable and I’m going to assume a lot is wrong. But it does mention Mom in the bathroom for whoever was wondering a news source (albeit take with a grain of salt one).
Elizabeth Smart joins appeal for missing teen Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online

Wouldn't a mom's first instinct be to run protect their child and not barricade in a room? Unless she was in there when intruder came in and had no time.

It's not possible for a 13-year-old girl to go "willingly" with an adult with a gun anywhere. She may have not made a fuss, or not put up a fight, but there is no way to willingly go with somebody with a gun who just killed your parents. The power dynamics at play do not make that possible.

I'll take it a step farther and say your posts are bizarre and coming across pretty victim-blamey here.

The Sherriff says if it doesn’t come from “this podium”, it is not an official statement.
He has not used the words abduction, kidnapping, or “taken”. They say, “in danger” “thought to be alive”.

Even though, as Ludakristen says, she is not able to be a willing participant no matter the scenario.

It's not possible for a 13-year-old girl to go "willingly" with an adult with a gun anywhere. She may have not made a fuss, or not put up a fight, but there is no way to willingly go with somebody with a gun who just killed your parents. The power dynamics at play do not make that possible.

I'll take it a step farther and say your posts are bizarre and coming across pretty victim-blamey here.

I don’t see it like victim blamey at all...respectfully. It has been thrown around that maybe she was in on all this and I don’t think this myself but we don’t really know so i think if someone has a theory to help try to solve this it should be discussed. I think your confused about willingfully and legally. If she had something to do with this which I don’t think is the case I don’t think it’s crazy to assume she went willingfully. That however does not make it legal as she was only 13 and was preyed on by someone older. This is just my opinion of course. Take it for what it’s worth

Strange things happen in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member