AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

FBI Milwaukee on Twitter
    Please click the link to the Barron County Sheriff's Facebook homepage for today's news briefing on the disappearance of 13 yr old Jayme Closs. There will be a live press update tomorrow, Wed., October 24th at 4 p.m. at the Sheriff's Office. http://ow.ly/JSKM30mlDIJ

DqOT4PqX0AARhVk.jpg

2. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I do too but honestly I think most of us have already had that fear.

Everyone here knows I have been firm in my opinion that the 2 parents were obstacles who stood in the way in order to abduct their intended target which was Jayme.

I have held that opinion throughout.

However I always remain open minded and that's why when I heard MF layout what he thinks it made so much sense to me that I now believe he may be correct on the intended target.

Its hard for me to argue against something filled with logic and common sense coming from a seasoned detective.

Jmo though

Mominmi, TRB, Steelslady and 16 others like this.
  3. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Lawyer

The sheriff isn’t just searching for Jayme, but for any evidence that could help LE find the person or persons who committed this atrocious crime; i.e., two adults were murdered AND a child was taken.

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Only two reviews on google reviews. Positive.

Nothing on Yelp that I could see.

jmo

human, Gardener1850 and rainynights like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I agree, not all 13 year olds have much of an on line presence at all. My daughter is almost two years older than Jayme, and she still doesn't do much on line other than talk and gossip with friends. Instagram and Snap chat seem to be the most popular. They have private accounts and just talk to each other. It sounds like Jayme may have done the same, and since LE has looked into SM and more importantly talked to her friends, I really don't think they have found any evidence that the suspect may be anyone that could have connected with her on line. Jmo

Katharine, TRB, LaylaD and 7 others like this.
  6. ludakristen

ludakristen Well-Known Member

Well, if the neighbors heard gun shots 20 minutes prior to the 911 call, I do think there would be time for a sexual assault. On either Denise or Jayme.

None of it makes sense and it's frustrating me to no end. I think it HAS to be someone who was somehow interested in Jayme, in keeping her alive, and needed to get the parents out of the way somehow.

But why stay for 20 minutes, then? Did Denise just fight like hell and it took that long to murder her and get Jayme out?

Or, alternatively, did Jayme get away herself? Maybe she did take off out back and it took the perpetrator(s) a little while to find her and catch her.

TRB, MsFacetious, human and 5 others like this.
  7. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

If Denise was the target, I am wondering if Jayme left the house alive. I'm thinking in a very dark place, but watching your child die slowly by being strangled, suffocated, etc while you are helpless would be much worse than being quickly shot dead

8. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

9. MTSnowBunny

MTSnowBunny Member

Found this. Very Scary!! Link

Matty_D and human like this.
  10. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

The fact that the phone went to voicemail when the operator tried to call back makes me think one of two things--
    1. The connection dropped because of poor signal and when the operator was trying to call it was in a "dead spot" with no signal.
    2. The perps hung up the phone and turned it off or destroyed it.

The "disconnected" landline many have speculated is innocent and some think perhaps the family had stopped their landline phone service. Many here posted that if you cut a phone line outside a house the results would be to just ring and ring when you call it. I'm not so sure that it true everywhere though. I would hope a 911 operator would be able to tell the difference between a phone number that is no longer in service due to the homeowners ending their contract and a phone that has been disconnected. The word disconnected was used for a reason. JMO.

SeattleStew, human, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  11. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

DNA on her neck? We don't know for sure if she was on the 911 call, or if she was, what she said or was heard saying

MsBetsy and MassGuy like this.
  12. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

He may be partially correct. Both parents could have been targets and when Dad was killed, killer(s) had only halfway accomplished their goal. In this scenario, Jayme ran out another exit, perps realized 911 had been called (by Mom) and they had to leave quickly, grabbing her outside with the notion to decide what to do with her later. jmo as well

13. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

I have no idea if the door was kicked in (or out), or fallen into (or out of) or shot in or whatever. That aside, any chance you think this perp is a woman...targeting Denise?

carbuff and Mercedes like this.
  14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

That time gap is the most perpexing unanswered question that I have.

I absolutely don’t believe that anything sexual happened during the initial crime, as time was of the essence and the perpetrator unfortunately, would have endless time to do that upon his successful escape.

Had this been a less forceful, and quieter event, I wouldn’t exclude that possibility.

I think that events inside that house transpired in a way that inhibited a more hasty escape.

What that is, we could endlessly speculate.

15. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Is the Rambling Rest a place where people would actually live as opposed to just a weekend stay?

Interesting to compare the address to the sex offenders list.

jmo

16. Dum-Dum Sucker

Dum-Dum Sucker Well-Known Member

O/T
    Ashleigh Banfield's HLN show has been canceled, effective October 26.

Leaving us with slim pickings for broadcast sources of crime reporting and analysis.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Katharine, MFH, HayLouise and 12 others like this.
  17. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

If the perp shot thru the window you’d have broken glass. Which as far as I know, we do not. The storm door was taken away intact.

kas and human like this.
  18. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

It's more the norm for kids this young (and younger) to have a cell. Think safety.

HayLouise and human like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

This is fear mongering by a publication that apparently has nothing better to report on today.

Don’t get me wrong, I think all sex offenders are scary, but a simple search of a sex offender database in many areas of the country, would turn up similar results.

20. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Maybe with all the spotlight at the area and all the people watching/following might give a chance to solve the other case of the area - still unidentified John Doe found in December of 2017 in Barron woods. Maybe some local remembers someone disappearing last year or years prior?

Details of John Doe - Unidentified Person Case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.