AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmia

Cosmia Active Member

I do, in a sense, hope that Radar story is real and the tip is helpful. It's dark, but any answer is better than none. Really not a fan of this person going to Radar with it, though. It's best to let LE determine what they want the public to know that they know. In the hopeful situation where Jayme is still alive, we don't need her to be in the care of a panicked murderer worried that authorities are closing in.

I'll admit I was initially assuming this was a situation with a teen or man Jayme met online, because we've seen that sort of thing happen before and children can get up to all sorts of cyber-misadventures in secret without realizing how much trouble it could lead to. It's not at all challenging Jayme's innocence or victimhood. She's an innocent victim. But now that they've presumably had access to some degree of her technology for several days, it's doubtful that's the case. There would have to have been some lead buried in chat logs.

2. Vaderman

Vaderman Well-Known Member

I hadn’t thought of this, but this makes everything make sense. Why they weren’t calling it an abduction.

3. BRRI

BRRI Well-Known Member

I feel that the dogs would be able to smell that? That must have been a fluke, though I do recall another case where a man was found in the wall of a flea market recently too

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It's an approved source. Whether it's reliable or not is up to you.
    MOO

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. Zuckerschnecke

Zuckerschnecke Active Member

I absolutely believe DC was intended target. Could she have been involved in something or someone? If someone wanted to kidnap Jayme, it could have been done much quieter. What happened sounds like a crime of passion, anger, personal. I believe the family might have an inkling of who and why and they are not going to risk anything by talking to the press.

As for Jayme being missing, that 911 call made them flee and there was no way they were going to risk that she survived being shot or the police walk in on a triple murder. I believe sadly, that she's no longer with us but they did it while the police were distracted with the 911 call to the house.

So many questions I have: What about that big black suitcase? Was there anything stolen from house, was it ransacked?

My bet is whoever it is is local, has some ties to the mom/family and have no priors aside from petty stuff. Time will tell hopefully.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

And I would think most of his body would be outside, with maybe his feet just inside the house...facing the opposite way.

Subiechik21 and EJB123456 like this.
  7. Rallibella

Rallibella Well-Known Member

Did we know she went to Radar or did Radar just see her story online and go with it?

8. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Dad was deceased when police arrived. For some reason there was a wrong story and it was corrected, but some news agencies have continued to carry that mistake.

9. Cosmia

Cosmia Active Member

Oh, I'm not sure. I didn't notice there was an original source, my bad. Either way, I wouldn't publicize the tip at all!

Edit: Oh no, I never thought I'd be the new member on a message board who can't figure out the Quote function. The above's for you, Rallibella.

10. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

James may have kept going forward before falling, not sure. It’s such a hard situation to fathom, but keep trying to make sense of it.

Steelslady, Subiechik21 and carbuff like this.
  11. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

Because, IMO, not due to anything that's been said by LE at this time, but because Denise was said to be in the home, there's a high chance that there was sexual assault in the victimology. That's not something usually released when the daughter is still missing and could possibly still be alive, I don't think.
    I believe it would not extend her chance of survival at all.

I hope this makes sense. I know what I mean. It's like not saying " kidnapped" but " endangered missing". They want to use the LEAST INFLAMMATORY terms possible for that slim chance that Jayme is alive so the abductor doesn't panic and kill her.

We know the chances are high that at some point, when the autopsies are completed, we will know more of what happened to each parent. If I was holding the press conference and was asked the question about where Denise was found, and what was believed to have happened inside the house prior to James's arrival and the progression to gunshots, I'd say: " There's time for this info to be told, and it will be forthcoming as soon as the forensic autopsies are concluded and correlated with our crime scene processing data, but now, they are looking for the little girl first and foremost".

12. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Do you think they have collected cell phone data of all cell phones that would be pinging in the area of their home at the time?

Tia.

Signing off for tonight. Still praying for a miracle that Jayme is found alive.

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

But why not just kill Jayme as well, instead of the huge hassle of figuring out what to do with her, if he did not intend to take her in the first place?

14. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

True and I certainly understand where you are coming from, but someone in a position to pay you is stealing and then profiting off of your intellectual property. That is a no-no no matter your empathic intents and purposes.

JMO.

15. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

My dad lived the same way, but it always seemed like he was living in fear.

16. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. Thanks for the nice words.

17. EJB123456

EJB123456 Well-Known Member

Wow. Good find @SharonNeedles - as usual!

18. Echo44

Echo44 Active Member

But a
    But all their friends would have one so they could have accessed websites or social media

Steelslady, Subiechik21 and CDmom like this.
  19. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

Perhaps that is the missing link as someone mentioned above. Jayme ran out of the house, they couldn't risk shooting her outside. I don't know- could this fit in with the timeline?

20. kas

kas Active Member

Not the storm door. Their main door has a small window in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.