AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

If you look at the satellite view, the actual house is farther away and quite a bit of tree cover in between

Edit: added map Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

Second edit: Looks like the closer property doesn't have any structures on it, tax records indicate it is undeveloped

2. Ari_

Ari_ On Time Out

What is the reason for them not disclosing whose phone made the call etc? To stop rumors that may fly?

HayLouise and BeeGirl like this.
  3. natsound

natsound Well-Known Member

The 911 log suggests Denise was further back in the home. They first mention "two subjects down" six minutes after mentioning "one male down, multiple rounds spent"

4. Dr. Benway

Dr. Benway Former Member

If nothing comes from the search, it's time for transparency.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting that, as I don't know how to post a link. He did say that in the beginning, but never stated it again. Maybe once the FBI got involved they advised him not to reveal any more. But I believe that they did hear the word "help." Many times I have seen things like this initially reported and then not heard again once the investigation gets underway. Jmo

Gardener1850 and natsound like this.
  6. bc_in_ec

bc_in_ec Well-Known Member

I wanted to get your thoughts on something that I have been thinking about more and more lately. We've all gone back and forth about if James was coming home to an altercation, or answering the front door. I've never lived in a house like that, but isn't the front door something that is really only ever used by a guest?

People I know with houses arranged like that always enter through the garage. I would even say that most people tend to enter through a door other than the front door.

Maybe I am just babbling!

Aqua, rainyday412, ErinC and 12 others like this.
  7. human

human Well-Known Member

The Closs have 1.24 acres. The property next door shares the boundary. The next door property is five acres. So it could be that the house is at the western edge of that property

8. thesnowflakesparkles

You are right, there is a closer property but tax records indicate it is undeveloped with no structures.

Confusion, PommyMommy, human and 4 others like this.
  9. EJB123456

EJB123456 Well-Known Member

This stood out to me too whenever I read that a few days ago! I’m like, whaaaa?

10. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Would speak to perp being angrier at one of them maybe. Eg: shoot James bc he’s in the way but it’s not personal. Shoot mom several times out of rage....

Angleterre and human like this.
  11. Ari_

Ari_ On Time Out

I see what you are saying. Hubby is often out in the garage working on his bike the cars so we tend to use the garage door as a main way to get into our house. But our house is nothing like that.

Do they even have a garage? It looks like their main entrance is through that one door.

carbuff and bc_in_ec like this.
  12. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a closer neighbor. I misread the Google map initially, too.

13. thesnowflakesparkles

Yes, I completely forgot about this! In her mind I think she thinks she is helping out by doing all these interviews and feels terrible about what happened but she is not a reliable witness.

14. the seeker

the seeker Well-Known Member

We think exactly alike, Gardener.

15. MsBetsy

I believe the time is correct as it has been consistent from the beginning. The very first article said around 12:30, then it was determined to be 12:31. It was repeated in every article ever since. Her clock was seven minutes fast. Once the correct time was established, it was adjusted and that's what LE has gone with ever since. Jmo

16. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

Totally depends. I've never entered through my garage because it's full of stuff (lawn equipment, Christmas decorations, etc.) and use the front or patio door.

17. bc_in_ec

bc_in_ec Well-Known Member

The garage is underneath a good portion of what I can assume is the main level. I'll try and find a picture that better shows it.

18. MsBetsy

Yes and to protect the integrity of the investigation. There are things only LE and the suspect knows and I think they want to keep it that way. Jmo

19. jayaxx

jayaxx Active Member

I wonder if there is something else on that call that is highly evidentiary that they want to hold back. It would seem that at some point they would want to get it out there in the chance it could spur something. Maybe one of the voices isn't someone who is supposed to be in that house.

20. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

I grew up very close to Barron WI and also live in the Minneapolis suburbs. I always lock the doors. Even during the day.
    This made me gasp. Plenty of meth heads around here looking for a package or a quick buck. I can't imagine leaving the house wide open.

Confusion, callyn, Quill and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.