AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbor on the other side who is much closer heard nothing?

If you look at the satellite view, the actual house is farther away and quite a bit of tree cover in between

Edit: added map Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

Second edit: Looks like the closer property doesn't have any structures on it, tax records indicate it is undeveloped

Right, it has not been confirmed that she was in the bathroom. All we have been told by LE and information from the dispatcher report is that she was found in the house. She may have been found in the living room or the bedroom or anywhere. Since the shots were only seconds apart, my guess is she was not too far behind James when she was shot. According to the facts, it seems unlikely that she was hiding in the bathroom. Jmo

The 911 log suggests Denise was further back in the home. They first mention "two subjects down" six minutes after mentioning "one male down, multiple rounds spent"

HOLD ON! I found it.

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

(However, in a later story, it's reported that there's no clear communication on the 911 call.)

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
Thank you for posting that, as I don't know how to post a link. He did say that in the beginning, but never stated it again. Maybe once the FBI got involved they advised him not to reveal any more. But I believe that they did hear the word "help." Many times I have seen things like this initially reported and then not heard again once the investigation gets underway. Jmo

I wanted to get your thoughts on something that I have been thinking about more and more lately. We've all gone back and forth about if James was coming home to an altercation, or answering the front door. I've never lived in a house like that, but isn't the front door something that is really only ever used by a guest?

People I know with houses arranged like that always enter through the garage. I would even say that most people tend to enter through a door other than the front door.

Maybe I am just babbling!

If you look at the satellite view, the actual house is farther away and quite a bit of tree cover in between

Edit: added map Jayme Closs Case - Google My Maps

The Closs have 1.24 acres. The property next door shares the boundary. The next door property is five acres. So it could be that the house is at the western edge of that property

I agree. I've taken their words with a grain of salt since she said she saw a bus every day, yet somehow was unaware they had a child. That was nonsensical to me.

JS: That I can't tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?
BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?
JS: Yes.
BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn't see collections of friends coming and going from that house?
JS: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren't out there doing things.​
This stood out to me too whenever I read that a few days ago! I’m like, whaaaa?

I wanted to get your thoughts on something that I have been thinking about more and more lately. We've all gone back and forth about if James was coming home to an altercation, or answering the front door. I've never lived in a house like that, but isn't the front door something that is really only ever used by a guest?

People I know with houses arranged like that always enter through the garage. I would even say that most people tend to enter through a door other than the front door.

I see what you are saying. Hubby is often out in the garage working on his bike the cars so we tend to use the garage door as a main way to get into our house. But our house is nothing like that.

Do they even have a garage? It looks like their main entrance is through that one door.

I agree. I've taken their words with a grain of salt since she said she saw a bus every day, yet somehow was unaware they had a child. That was nonsensical to me.

JS: That I can't tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?
BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?
JS: Yes.
BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn't see collections of friends coming and going from that house?
JS: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren't out there doing things.​

Yes, I completely forgot about this! In her mind I think she thinks she is helping out by doing all these interviews and feels terrible about what happened but she is not a reliable witness.

That's really interesting. I partially agree. I have never thought James was the target for that very reason that it appears he was shot first. Also if someone had a problem with him they had many opportunities to shoot him when he was away from his home so that his wife and child didn't need to be killed as well. The same, however, goes for Denise. Both the adults worked factory jobs and probably had schedules that would have been predictable for anyone who wanted to target one of them. They probably often drove to and from work late at night and early morning. It would not be hard to find a moment when one of them was alone on their way to or from work.

Where the above theory loses me is that after James was killed at the front door there were two people left in the house-- one was shot to death and the other was taken. Why would we assume Denise was the target and not Jayme? The perp could have just as easily killed Denise and left Jayme alive. Jayme was probably hiding or terrified and could have been threatened not to tell if she saw them or tied up and left there so she couldn't call for help. If it was someone well known to the family and they only wanted to kill Denise but leave Jayme alive, they would have been wise to wear a ski mask or something. If they knew the family well they would know Jayme was there and would have had a plan if Jayme got in the way-- either coming prepared to kill her as well or plan to hide their identity from her. It makes no sense to plan to take Jayme if the target was Denise. And it makes no sense to take the child on a whim either (unless a random attack by a monster like Thomas Evans in SC who raped both the mother and 4 year old daughter after a home invasion, taking 4 year old HA with him to abuse later). But for someone known to the family targeting Denise-- why take Jayme? It seems more logical to me to conclude that both James and Denise stood in the way of the actual target-- Jayme. MOO.

We think exactly alike, Gardener.

@otto. I don't have a problem with arithmetic. :)

The neighbor said she set her clock ahead. So we have gunshots heard in the middle of the night, a witness who seems a bit unreliable, and a clock that doesn't tell the right time.

I don't have complete confidence in taking her word about the exact minutes she heard the shots.

jmo
I believe the time is correct as it has been consistent from the beginning. The very first article said around 12:30, then it was determined to be 12:31. It was repeated in every article ever since. Her clock was seven minutes fast. Once the correct time was established, it was adjusted and that's what LE has gone with ever since. Jmo

Totally depends. I've never entered through my garage because it's full of stuff (lawn equipment, Christmas decorations, etc.) and use the front or patio door.

I see what you are saying. Hubby is often out in the garage working on his bike the cars so we tend to use the garage door as a main way to get into our house. But our house is nothing like that.

Do they even have a garage? It looks like their main entrance is through that one door.

The garage is underneath a good portion of what I can assume is the main level. I'll try and find a picture that better shows it.

I wonder if there is something else on that call that is highly evidentiary that they want to hold back. It would seem that at some point they would want to get it out there in the chance it could spur something. Maybe one of the voices isn't someone who is supposed to be in that house.

Same here. I live on a farm and we generally only lock our doors at night when we sleep-and that's when we remember. During the day, our house remains unlocked, as do many of the others in my neck of the woods. In fact, we joke about it being "rude" to lock your door because what if someone needs something? ;-) I could also see kicking the door in if I came home and encountered this, since it would be an anomaly. I don't actually think that's what happened here, but I could feasibly entertain the scenario.

I grew up very close to Barron WI and also live in the Minneapolis suburbs. I always lock the doors. Even during the day.
This made me gasp. Plenty of meth heads around here looking for a package or a quick buck. I can't imagine leaving the house wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member