AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

From the beginning and I do not know why, I have thought he was followed home from work...

2. Lillymac

Didn't she say the second shot was different? Like a boom and louder...

FakeCat, pepper 34 and Steelslady like this.
  3. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

I’m starting to see that as a very good possibility. Do you think this was personal? I keep thinking it is & I can’t shake it. I just don’t think this was a stranger. I think one of the victims knew the perp. MOO

4. 1987

1987 Former Member

there are a number of guns a hunter might use. to say the kind a hunter would use would be like guessing the brand of paper towels someone uses.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She said the second one was even louder. Which makes me think that one was outside. Jmo

6. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux Well-Known Member

I’m not seeing what is remarkable in these reviews of an employer (Jennie O), especially for a factory environment.

7. Raccoon

Raccoon Active Member

This is what I’m thinking as well. I think James was the target and this was done out of rage. And as Lillymac said, I can’t figure out why either. Work related or-sounds far fetched-but possibly a road rage type incident. Maybe James was followed home after his shift.
    The reason I’m leaning this way, and not Jayme being the intended target is this...if someone wanted her, why would you show up when her Dad is home? Wouldn’t that be more of an “obstacle” or risk having to get past him to get to her? I second Lillymac also in that this was a rage (meth?), and Jayme was taken on impulse. However, wouldn’t that make the murder “sloppier” if he/she was on meth and more likely to leave a messy trail?

8. Scrapper18

Scrapper18 Well-Known Member

I’ve been having trouble with the door kicked in and James found deceased in the doorway. It just doesn’t make sense. If James had opened the door, no need for the door to be kicked in. If the Perp shot James through the door and then went to kick it in, James body would be in the way of the door and would have ended up behind the door. So, what really happened?

Did James hear someone outside and got up to investigate? Maybe he was just a step from the door when it was kicked in, then he was shot. Perhaps he was shot elsewhere and dragged to the door. I'm not sure of what I think happened.

I don't think James had opened the door. I'm also having problems with the physics of the perp shooting James through the door / door window and then kicking the door in. Anyone here good with physics? Opinions?

sunsetbeach, parade, Stunned and 5 others like this.
  9. Lillymac

I think he made someone very angry. I believe it occurred that night and they followed him home. I think everything was done in a total rage. This violence only says to me intense anger..

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I'm leaning toward her being somewhere in the background at the time James was shot. Possibly seated on or near the chair that looks splintered at the time the first shot was fired. IMO, the first shot killed James instantly. The second shot was seconds later and I think it was meant for Denise. I am not at all married to this theory and opinion subject to change at any moment... MOO

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  11. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

I did not post them yet no. I ended up deciding not to do so - but... upthread somewhere, someone did post one that they had used their cell phone to lighten the shadows etc and it made it easier to see what was in that area....

Steelslady and Gardener1850 like this.
  12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I just never heard of a hunter using a semi automatic. I've heard mostly rifles or shotguns, which are loud, and it sounds like that's what the neighbors thought since they said they thought it was a hunter. Every time I have heard hunters shooting it always sounds the same. Rifle or shot gun. In all my life I have never heard a semi automatic so I wouldn't know what it sounds like. Except in movies , and that isn't even close to what it sounds like in real life, in terms of loudness.

Zella likes this.
  13. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

I do not believe that the neighbor was wrong about the time. I consider them indirect victims as well. LE corrected for her clock read of 12:38 back to 12:31. The 911 hangup call per the log was at 00:53:26. Then the deputy patrol cars arrive, then Barron city PD, state troopers, fire & EMS, drones, dogs, supervisors, nosy teens driving by... all this going on right next door, on their street, all night long. I don't remember when the police came knocking on their door. I doubt they got any sleep at all. She said her dog was agitated at the window, that night. She said all the police arrived with flashing lights but without sirens. I believe, based on her multiple media interviews, that she and her husband were awake, and are capable of knowing whether the gunshots they heard were 20 minutes or 2 minutes before the arrival of LE.

14. Zuckerschnecke

Zuckerschnecke Active Member

I have a couple questions and not sure they've been asked:

I imagine the father went to the door, hearing noises and by starting to open it, got it kicked in further by whoever was there. Does the door have a window or peephole?

One thing that is gnawing at me is the weekend that it happened. Were they, maybe just D and J planning to go out of town and decided not to? Is it true that she didn't have school on Monday?

Maybe family members can shed light on this but there is so so much we don't know.

Zella, PommyMommy and AgeofAquaruis like this.
  15. Lillymac

Actually I have read meth heightens your awareness, not in a good way probably. And I have thought of road rage too.

16. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas Former Member

The type of gun narrows the profile. What is it?

PommyMommy and 1987 like this.
  17. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

When I say Sunday School, I mean CCD classes. No one but a Catholic would know that CCD is essentially the same as Protestant Sunday school classes, so I used a term everyone would understand.

Stunned, Quill, doublestop and 4 others like this.
  18. 1987

1987 Former Member

most all are loud. the same gun may be more or less loud depending on the load of the shell. I personaly would associate a semi auto with a more rapid fire than the loud.

Stunned likes this.
  19. Raccoon

Raccoon Active Member

Agreed

20. debirlfan

debirlfan Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, we've never heard whether the mother had other injuries besides gunshot wounds. I still think that whoever did this was looking for something in the house (they may well have been at the wrong house) and that perhaps they beat or otherwise tortured the mother trying to get the information.

Indy Anna, Talullah and Zella like this.
  21. AbbeyBabbey

AbbeyBabbey Well-Known Member

I’ve tried to keep up but will admit that I scrolled through some comments. Has a floor plan of the house been posted? I’ve looked at the county website and checked Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow but couldn’t find one (not even a reference to square footage). Appraiser, here. I have inspected, measured and sketched thousands of houses. I have looked at photos of different views of the house. In doing so, I pictured the lay-out of the house in my mind and my theory of how the crime went down is based on that and known/reported facts.

Does anyway have a cache of all pictures posted. If so, can you post them in the “Media, Maps and Timelines” thread and alert me? I can then make a sketch/layout of a “probable” floor plan based on my professional opinion/experience.

I will alert Mods on this post to make sure it’s okay to develop a theoretical floor plan.

FakeCat, TRB, pepper 34 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.