AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator

Good morning! The Closs thread is now open for discussion...

Confusion, Barlow, Jax49 and 22 others like this.

2. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I have been thinking some more about the circumstances that happened that night.

After further thought I now believe the suspect was laying in wait hidden outside somewhere near the home.

Imo they watched the home out of sight until he saw the house go dark.

After then he waited long enough for them to go to sleep. Maybe 30 to 45 minutes.

Then he approached the door knowing it would catch them all by surprise with no way to prepare themselves for what was to come.

Imo

Moonsie, pepper 34, gitana1 and 15 others like this.
  3. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this - but it seems like we know so very little in this case that so many of the scenarios (and kudos to everyone for keeping this alive and trying) are conflicting. We know so very few actual, verified facts right now that the possibilities are almost endless. I've got my fingers crossed that this means LE knows a lot more than what they're sharing...but I also have some doubts since they seem to keep asking the public for help. I can only assume that they're close, and not releasing information for specific reasons. Still following along every day, but until I get more information I feel that putting things down on paper/in print feels a little like an exercise in futility. IMO/JMO/MOO etc.

What I feel confident we know:

-Jayme's parents are dead, both shot
    -Jayme is missing

Beyond that...specific to the case, very little. The timeline seems questionable. We know little more about the first point: how many guns were used? Where were they shot - front/back? I'm taking that to mean that they're working on things diligently, and to be fair, keeping the internet/public at large informed on all the details they have is probably pretty low on their list, if it's on there at all.

Keep the ideas coming! It will be interesting to see what conjecture ends up being right/wrong when they find Jayme (holding out for alive yet!).

Al Ka, tmar, Advocate4 and 11 others like this.
  4. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    sleuther0192837465 and OldCop like this.
  5. badgersmythe

badgersmythe Well-Known Member

I’m thinking it was someone the mother may have come into contact with through her church, perhaps someone she tried to help. Perhaps helped them out with food or cash and Jayme had caught his eye?

There was a case in the U.K. not long ago where a family were stabbed by a homeless man they’d tried to help.

gitana1, SAMS, Suglo and 8 others like this.
  6. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I considered that scenario as well. Makes some sense. Maybe even waited for Dad to get home if he wasn’t. My questions though are where wait? And where park vehicle?

7. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

The insurance angle seems unlikely, but at 13 she could have had a boyfriend. When I was 13, I dated a 15 year old. In my state, I am saddened to say that we have a high rate of teen pregnancies, many of them 13 and 14. And there are older teens, and even grown men, who target and groom young teens online. I wouldn't discount a romantic entanglement based on age alone. She is still a kid, but she has hormones. The type of dating that young teens do may differ slightly from how older teens date, but relationships still exist. I was crazy over my 15 year old boyfriend. Adults tried to tell me my feelings weren't real because I was so young, but in hindsight I can say they were still valid feelings. Misguided though they may have been, I still had them.

What I DO think, though, is that it is unlikely that another teen was responsible for all of this. I believe the crime is the work of an adult.

8. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Good morning, Harmony. Where is the coffee picture to help us solve this case ?.....Have a happy day.

9. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

That is more or less what happened with Elizabeth Smart's abduction, so it is certainly a valid theory.

10. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

Barron County seasonal housing stock is 11%, very high (http://wcwrpc.org/2_Working_Paper_Housing.pdf). There is a map on page 5 showing distribution centered mainly north and west of the Closs house.

Cabins in the area are mainly owned by residents of larger cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul, Madison, etc.) and are more likely to be located on water/lakeshore.

11. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Very much a likelihood. Rural community. Probably lots of hunters. And an area with a serious meth problem.

Guns can legally be sold, traded, gifted in many ways without going through the registration process.

There is no way to know who has what in their homes.

Al Ka, Gardener1850, 1987 and 4 others like this.
  12. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

I think oftentimes the LE will ask for the public to help just to keep the public busy and to give them something to do. People feel helpless. They're scared. They're uneasy. Giving them things to do keeps them busy and hopefully keeps them focussed on something other than creating more crime / drama for the cops to deal with. I wonder if their stats on domestic violence for instance have been affected by this incident? Or their stats on suicide calls? Just thinking out loud....

13. WiseOwl

WiseOwl Well-Known Member

Living in the UK i clearly remember this crime. This was the 2017 case of Aaron Barley who stabbed to death mother-of-two Tracey Wilkinson and her 13 year-old son Pierce and critically injured her husband Peter. Tracey had found him homeless and begging outside her local supermarket and had taken him in, giving him food and shelter. She found him a place in a hostel and her husband gave him a job at his manufacturing firm but a few months later Barley started taking drugs. One day he came back to their home and attacked them with a knife, killing the mom and son and injuring the dad. A chilling and extremely sad story.

badgersmythe, tmar, gitana1 and 3 others like this.
  14. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

15. Q Dart

Q Dart Former Member

I'd say the trail's gone cold, but I don't know if LE has ever established a trail to follow.

Baffling.

16. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Seeing the questions and comments concerning why LE did this or didn't do that I thought some may be interested in reading the OJJDP guide book that LE follows in these cases. I found it very informative. It is long but there is a table of contents or you can use your devices "find" option for specific words.
    "Missing and Abducted Children: A Law-Enforcement Guide to Case Investigation and Program Management"
    http://www.missingkids.com/content/dam/ncmec/en_us/desktop/publications/nc74.pdf

17. Badgerette

Badgerette Active Member

I’m more inclined to believe the family did not know their killer solely from the 911 call and the lack of POI the police have.
    If Denise was the one to call 911 after seeing her husband shot and maybe being shot herself, knowing her daughter was still in the house in danger, my last dying breathe would be to shout out the name. “Don’t do it ______”
    Since we know there was shouting and yelling wouldn’t you try to slip in their name? I sure as hell would.

18. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

That's a good point. The initial LE on the scene is only going by their first reaction to what they see. Some of what initially thought changed as they learn more info going through the house. But we know based on the dispatch log that the first LE on the scene called it in as a suicide after seeing James Closs near the entryway.

So it begs the question -- what types of things would make something initially look like a suicide? IMO there are 2 things: 1-- Likely a head wound. 2-- He was only shot once.

Subiechik21, MsBetsy, mks762 and 2 others like this.
  19. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Wasn't it dispatched as a suicide? I think it was thought to be a suicide before LE arrived on scene.

20. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if there are live stream traffic cams in the area. Maybe it's my internet but the picture in any I find seem like regular pics not video. Traffic doesn't move in them. Is that how they are? If not is there something I need to change with my device or internet? I have been racking my brain on what I can do to help and while probably crazy thought I could randomly watch traffic cams for the Challenger. Advise anyone? TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.