AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
But correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t LE search their property in pretty much great detail? If I recall ? The neighbours gave an interview where they commented on this and mentioned how intrusive it was ( I cannot find the link for this at present but it was a few threads back iirc).
You're correct.

“FBI was here twice, a couple of days apart—the first time they were here they asked questions—and then they went through the entire house,” said Sremkar. “Tom went downstairs with them—and they went through everything—looking through every closet to check even looking down underneath in the closet.”
Barron community holds on to hope as Jayme Closs remains missing

That does make me wonder what type of gun they were hearing. Someone experienced with guns (including many hunters) can often identify what type of weapon is being fired. If it were not something you would use for hunting, I can see where that would alarm someone who otherwise wouldn't pay attention to a gunshot.
FBI 2016 expanded murder weapons.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Ya'll are embedding your post within my quotes.

Why did they say they didn't know a kid lived there? When they saw her get off the bus everyday? Because they're older people being interviewed during a super stressful time period. Sometimes they might just say things that don't make sense.

It doesn't mean a thing other than that to me.

Not directly on point but may help: I used to work in a medical (not criminal) laboratory and standard DNA tests took 3-5 days. Not sure how the criminal aspect variable/type of sample may change it.

It all depends on how it’s categorised ie. urgent submission can be turned around result wise in 24-36 hours BUT what you have to realise is the cost of doing so is prohibitive and if you only have one or two items for submission as URGENT then it’s achievable but in a case like this, items would have to be carefully scrutinised and considered if financially viable as part of the forensic strategy because no matter how much we like to think that there are infinite pots of money for LE to use ( or even FBI for that matter) on such investigations, the reality is that there isn’t and sometimes very difficult decisions have to be taken ( and cost unfortunately is a factor when you consider how many cases per day would need URGENT DNA submissions).

It all depends on how it’s categorised ie. urgent submission can be turned around result wise in 24-36 hours BUT what you have to realise is the cost of doing so is prohibitive and if you only have one or two items for submission as URGENT then it’s achievable but in a case like this, items would have to be carefully scrutinised and considered if financially viable as part of the forensic strategy because no matter how much we like to think that there are infinite pots of money for LE to use ( or even FBI for that matter) on such investigations, the reality is that there isn’t and sometimes very difficult decisions have to be taken ( and cost unfortunately is a factor when you consider how many cases per day would need URGENT DNA submissions).
And to add to that further, another consideration is what sort of DNA? Familial ? Low copy? Etc ... all need to be considered as to cost and likelihood of results

I’m the parents obituary, it mentions that Denise was preceded in death by “baby Lewis.” It doesn’t not mention this on who James is preceded in death by. Does anyone know about this? Are we speaking of a sibling from childhood or perhaps a tragedy that happened during her first marriage? It just stood out to me.
This was her nephew.

Why did they say they didn't know a kid lived there? When they saw her get off the bus everyday? Because they're older people being interviewed during a super stressful time period. Sometimes they might just say things that don't make sense.It doesn't mean a thing other than that to me.

Perhaps they could use an attorney so they don't self incriminate? After all, this is high profile double homicide case with an endangered minor. They don't seem to be helping themselves or the case with all of these interviews. MOO

Perhaps they could use an attorney so they don't self incriminate? After all, this is high profile double homicide case with an endangered minor. They don't seem to be helping themselves with all of these interviews. MOO
These people are merely witnesses to a crime. They have no reason to worry about “self incrimination.”

Why did they say they didn't know a kid lived there? When they saw her get off the bus everyday? Because they're older people being interviewed during a super stressful time period. Sometimes they might just say things that don't make sense.

It doesn't mean a thing other than that to me.
She changed schools this year. So, it stands to reason that the transport had changed this year and they saw her less as a result.

Perhaps they could use an attorney so they don't self incriminate? After all, this is high profile double homicide case with an endangered minor. They don't seem to be helping themselves or the case with all of these interviews. MOO

I guess I just don't see how they are incriminating themselves. Why would they need an attorney? It appears that they cooperated with searches of their property and answered questions the FBI asked. JMO

I'm curious did these neighbors drive cars that fit the description of the vehicles LE put out or do they know of anyone coming to their house that does?

No mention of searching outside.

Sounds to me like she was just trying to explain how thorough the search inside was. I would be shocked if they didn't check outside. I'm pretty sure they did check outside the whole area surrounding the home, which would likely include their property. I will try to find a link

These are older people in a stressful situation. It can get confusing.

Sure it is. I mean this whole conversation started with many of us wondering whether they were confused about the time that they heard the gunshot. Which is very relevant and important to the case. All I said is I found it odd that they didn't know their long-time neighbors even had a child. Nothing accusatory. I'm sure this is very stressful for them.

No mention of searching outside.

In this article, it is mentioned that LE had done first and secondary searches on the home and surrounding area. I think it's safe to say that the surrounding area would include the JS/TS outside areas, since they lived next door and their property is adjacent. Jmo

What happened to Jayme?

The Barron County Sheriff's Department and the FBI said there are no suspects at this time and they are unsure of what happened to Jayme. They've done first and secondary searches on the home and surrounding area, deployed drones and infrared equipment and have been in contact with Jayme's family and her middle school friends.

Wisconsin girl missing 4 days: What we know about Jayme Closs' disappearance and her parents' death

More on the noise heard by the neighbours and expert opinion by KAREN SMITH, RETIRED DETECTIVE, JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF`S OFFICE interviewed by CNN's Banfield.
SMITH: "Right. I mean, what send chills down my spine was the fact that she said it was so loud. That tells me it`s a high caliber gun. I don`t know if we`re dealing with a rifle..."

CNN.com - Transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member