AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Yup could have had one (or more) bad guy by the glass door ready to grab the females while one kicked in the front door to get the dad out of the way.

SeekingJana and Gardener1850 like this.

2. retiredrickyinCO

retiredrickyinCO Denali Take 1st step tht separates dreaming, doing

Maybe tonight I will ask my Amazon Echo Show "Alexa, where is Jayme?" :( But seriously I hope and pray everyday she will be found and returned to her relatives. Other than that just supporting all those with their "boots on the ground" in their non-stop effort to locate her.

human, angelainwi, pepper 34 and 5 others like this.
  3. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

Emergency department staff are always alert for patients with injuries that appear to be crime-related. Also for injuries that don’t match the description of the incident or mechanism of injury that the patient provides.

4. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

Perhaps, just chaos on the phone line? Have we seen documentation that the operator was the one who classified it as a possible suicide? I’ve only seen that it was the first responder who suggested that.

5. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

The website that was posted was supposed to scare you so you buy their services and products. This is a very frustrating thing to see as someone in the industry.

gitana1, JaneEyre, Oakland CA and 6 others like this.
  6. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Per realtor.com I believe the home last sold in around 2001 but don’t quote me. The thing on the lawn doesn’t look rusty so I’m not thinking old tv antenna. It almost seems to be part of an old (?) path - perhaps overgrown elsewhere leading to driveway?

gitana1 likes this.
  7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I've been trying too. Can't do it.

8. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

If it was someone who knew the family, maybe Jayme often spent the night somewhere else, or typically spent Sunday nights somewhere else, or maybe someone had reason to believe she would be somewhere else that particular night?

ponyfacce and pepper 34 like this.
  9. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

You also need something above the sliding door so it can't be lifted. My slider had screws put in the upper track, screwed in just far enough that they cleared the door but so that the door could not be lifted at all. They can be removed if for some reason the door needs to be lifted out.
    Or, I think you can slide dowling up there, just make sure it's large enough to prevent lifting.

10. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Many are double pane but moreso in “newer” homes. I doubt the closss had insulated units in their sliding doors. But I am sure it was tempered glass (bc, codes) which is way stronger than regular plate glass.

MsBetsy and mtnlites like this.
  11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I would think LE would have checked that out right away. Especially if there was evidence at the crime scene to make them believe he may have an injury. Jmo

PommyMommy, IceIce9 and 1987 like this.
  12. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

I believe it's a TV antenna on the roof.

PommyMommy, Gardener1850 and 1987 like this.
  13. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

I’m not certain that’s a solid wood door from the single pic I saw. some doors are what’s called hollow core and if the lock was weak and lacking a deadbolt it would be easy to push it in. As I said I can’t tell.

There is so much we don’t know. But I can only speculate that the feds have a department/division that investigated social media of all types. They probably know more about the Closs family now than they knew about themselves.

I don’t believe Jaymie seems the type to was have been involved in the murder of her parents. This is far to tragic.

Someone knows and it’s a matter of time before law enforcement finds her.

And I’m certain that the killers at least left DNA behind. No one leaves nothing. That’s a scientific fact. I hope LE was thorough enough to find it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    gitana1, Confusion, JDough and 5 others like this.
  14. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

Just like Delphi, Indiana. You just don’t think horrific crimes can happen in small town America.

tmar, MsBetsy, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
  15. stargazer17

stargazer17 Well-Known Member

I’ve had to call the fire department for a lift assist when my elderly father fell and I was unable to help him get back up

pepper 34, MsBetsy and Gardener1850 like this.
  16. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

Seems unlikely (to me) that they would think that, given that it was a Sunday night, with school the next morning.

MsBetsy likes this.
  17. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

Agreed. Luck, it happens.

18. Chrisssy

Chrisssy New Member

I thing a large part of the issue is we, as a society, expect everything immediately now a days. Also, T.V has ruined us. If you watch Criminal Minds they would have solved this 10 days ago. I think people have that same expectation once the FBI gets involved. In a world of instant gratification coupled with television drama shows making it look so easy people get frustrated relatively quickly.

19. Vaderman

Vaderman Well-Known Member

Hasn’t it been previously stated that that Monday was an “in-service” day?

20. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

I believe that was Friday.

Confusion, Suglo, PommyMommy and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.