AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleuther0192837465

sleuther0192837465 Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone

Right!

Mercedes, pepper 34, Stina and 2 others like this.

2. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

So does being on WebSleuths...

3. sleuther0192837465

So true!!!

Mercedes and 8paws like this.
  4. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Agree... why go to the front door if you are trying to break into almost any house? The rear basement door or, as you said, the patio door would be better choices with less chance of being seen or caught. I know it was late but, if anyone pulled into the driveway, there you would be in the headlights fiddling around with someone's front door. No, not a good plan. This is why I suspect the first thing that happened is the killer knocked on the door and the father wouldn't open the door once he saw who was outside and words may have been exchanged in anger before things turned violent. (Is this when the father turned the front light on to see better through the glass window in the door or were they already on? Either way, I don't think front doors are robbers favorite entry point.) I think this means the father knew who it was and didn't want him in the house for any reason. Or... the plan was to smash down the front door all along and was meant to be a terrorizing shock to the family. In either of those possible scenarios, I would guess the killer was not unknown to at least Mr. Closs.
    ETA: Remove info about breaking into sliding glass doors. Just saw it's already been discussed. (Yes... it's easy to do.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Al Ka, Tripod, rainynights and 7 others like this.
  5. debirlfan

debirlfan Well-Known Member

My area is less rural than yours, and one still hears the occasional gunshot (or at least things that sound like gunshots.) Some of it is likely hunting (legal or otherwise), and sadly some is police dispatching deer that have been hit by cars. At any rate, a couple gunshots wouldn't be unusual enough that I'd expect anyone to call police unless there was something else like sounds of an argument in addition. I imagine the perps didn't think anyone would call, and even if they did, it would be difficult for anyone to know where the shots had come from so being caught would be unlikely.

MsMarple, PommyMommy, 1987 and 2 others like this.
  6. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I found what I was looking for in that link. Then I searched and found discussion that changed what I was thinking anyway. Its hard to keep up on these threads sometimes! I appreciate the help!

7. 1987

1987 Former Member

all I can come up with for front door over other doors is a person that has a more direct personality where a side or back door seems more sneaky personality to me.

kath4557 and pepper 34 like this.
  8. sleuther0192837465

I agree. Do you feel the perp is used to country life? It sure seems like they did know no one would be alarmed at hearing those shots. MOO

Al Ka, tmar, pepper 34 and 5 others like this.
  9. RavenDoc

RavenDoc Active Member

I know where I live out in the country if someone comes out in my backyard and on my back patio everything will be lit up in floodlights. Just a thought.

altissima, mommabear23, jash and 3 others like this.
  10. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

My guess is: 1st, that this has already been answered, and 2nd that they needed someone to help with the bodies. A lift assist usually means helping someone who has fallen, sometimes someone who is very heavy, lifting something heavy off a person, etc. At least, that's what it means around here. MOO

11. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

Marking My Spot

RavenDoc likes this.
  12. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Thank you for that context. Where I live, we don't hear any gunshots, so we would naturally call police, but now I understand why some people wouldn't.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Why would he go through all that trouble just to risk her being found and identifying him?

tmar, mtnlites, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  14. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

sleuther0192837465 likes this.
  15. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

The article says yellow markings but I guess if its a light yellow it could be mistaken for a white.

16. KLM6

KLM6 Well-Known Member

Im leaning towards they knocked or yelled first and he didnt let them in so they kicked it in. My opinion is this was not a random burglary, and they didnt care to be sneaky.

kath4557, kirkassoc, JCzMum and 12 others like this.
  17. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

They have said more than once during interviews that they wish they called 911 right away because they might have saved Jayme. Guilt is such an awful feeling. In that, I think they have a bigger emotional burden then many others living in the town because they are admitting they feel guilty. They could have called, they said, and they didn't.

Al Ka, human, Tripod and 6 others like this.
  18. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

yes. I think the perp or perps were well aware of how life works out there. I'll bet they also knew how long it take LE to arrive at scene. jmo

kirkassoc, pepper 34, jash and 8 others like this.
  19. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

I saw a pic of the car after it was removed from the water and it looked pristine. Doesn't seem like it's been submerged for very long.

kirkassoc, JCzMum, human and 7 others like this.
  20. not.a.muggle

not.a.muggle Well-Known Member

I think the book about NecroSearch mentions something about this (the cars). When they were looking for their first car in a river, they found at least one before the target car.

human, kkdj and 1987 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.