AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mollyandme

Mollyandme Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the geography up there but could someone cross into Canada from that county even if it requires crossing part of Lake Superior?

Maybe family or close associates have land there that they wanted to check out? Maybe they found paperwork or documents in the home relating to a location in Ontonagon County? Or a family member in Ontonagon county needed to be notified of what happened? I believe this info was faxed fairly early on so maybe they had info from the home or from questioning family members that made them feel it was important to notify this county?

charminglane likes this.

2. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

3. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

IMO the person(s) responsible will be someone they know or have a connections to.

4. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

Ok it’s getting weird in here :) ... checking out for the night.

5. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

If the shoe doesn’t fit you must acquit?

Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

Lucyray, Mercedes, cass523 and 3 others like this.
  6. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

Exactly. If there was more than one perp, someone could’ve knocked on the front door while someone slid in through the side glass door. We don’t know much about James except he was found dead at the door. Could’ve been **** in the back of the head while distracted trying to figure out what was going on at the front.

7. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Well-Known Member

This is very similar to the scenario I have been keeping in the back of my mind, that makes sense. You outlined it pretty well. I also have a feeling it was James and Denise standing up to whoever was coming to take their daughter. jmo, of course

8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I understand. Some were, however. Which is what the conversation about percentages stemmed from.

Memphis Bluez and Oakland CA like this.
  9. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

FWIW. Unless you modify a sliding glass door. All you have to do is lift out the stationary section to get in.

cody22 and gitana1 like this.
  10. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

yes, its too much of a stretch otherwise.

Zella, mtnlites and kath4557 like this.
  11. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

From the log transcript... wondering what a “lift assist” is? I put a red mark beside line question. Sorry it’s sideways. I couldn’t get it straight on cell copy.

Attached Files:

Lucyray, HayLouise, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  12. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone here. Grateful to those bringing us back to the facts of what we know and Occam’s Razor vs some of our wandering ponders which, who knows , could have been. We have little to go on. Hope Jayme is found very soon and want to believe that she is alive, feeling for her family. Keep at it people, in kindness of course.

13. Andreee

I would think a sliding door would have very strong glass, sometimes double paned.

Zella and cody22 like this.
  14. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

I think that is a very methodical approach. Of course facts can be interpreted various ways, and various actions can account for the same result, so we must be careful. Fitting all the pieces together in the simplest way possible, though, is the most logical and straightforward way to begin.

And account for what evidence you know. For example, you mentioned the chair. But what about the mattress that they took? Unfortunately, the combination of the perps being there for 20 minutes or so before the 911 call, and the mattress being taken away lead my mind to thoughts that I sincerely hope aren't true... Hopefully, the 20 minutes are as has been suggested, the perps trying to get information and/or valuables.

What still seems odd to me is that first they violently forced their way, killing JC, and eventually DC, yet in the end took Jayme away with them. Those two facts just don't seem to fit together. Two different MOs in my mind. Which means taking Jayme may well have been an on-the-spot impulse move, for whatever reason.

Some unsolved cases just stick with me. Libby and Abby. Lizzie and Lyric. Michaela G. And others. This one hits just as hard, IMO. I keep checking news sources and here, hoping somehow that Jayme has been found safe and unharmed. Hoping. Hoping.

MrsM, ponyfacce, Lucyray and 12 others like this.
  15. Abba's Tears

Abba's Tears Well-Known Member

Usually a situation where someone has fallen but is not injured and needs assistance getting back into their chair.

16. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

I'm losing hope that she's alive; but I keep remembering the 'psychic' who told Amanda Berry's mom that her daughter had passed.
    That mom didn't live to see Amanda again -- but Amanda was very much alive.

I am so sorry for the relatives and friends of Denise, James, and Jayme ! How do you make sense of this ? What if Jayme is never found ? Do they just go on with life ? Probably so , but nothing will ever be the same for them.

The friends at Jayme's school must be so shaken..... the killer(s) is still out there .

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Lucyray, cass523, JDough and 9 others like this.
  17. Andreee

All I know is some sliding doors are very, very heavy and awkward to manouvre because of that.

Confusion, cody22 and MsBetsy like this.
  18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

It's still a big mystery as far as I know. Some of us have speculated they were trying to get in contact with family in that area to inform them of the deaths and/or to make sure Jayme was not there. LE would go to family members in person to inform them (or investigate) instead of simply calling. But I don't think any of us know for sure why that county in Michigan was contacted. We are just guessing.

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Thank you for sharing!!! I always look forward to your opinions. Thoughtful, experienced and often right on the mark.

20. curiousmomof4

curiousmomof4 Member

Reading through the latest posts, any word on the car found earlier today in the river? It certainly looks like one of the vehicles LE has been looking for.

Ms Buffyton, gngr~snap, 8paws and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.