AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Wrong manufacturer and year. It’s not it.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It's ok. I found it interesting. And scary. Has me thinking about my home security.

3. JCzMum

JCzMum Active Member

So baffled and no longer know what to think. Obviously LE have facts that we do not, making it difficult for us to navigate beyond speculation and theories.

One thing that seems very clear is that this MUST have been very well planned. In my head, because there is no known trail, leads or credible tips aiding in finding Jayme.

Logically, there’s no way one could “wing it” and let things occur by happenstance when there has been ZERO trace of Jayme, that we know of -
    .....so either, 1) LE have no clue, 2) LE are intentionally playing dumb or, 3) the perp is a temporary genius and left no DNA, footprints, idiot clues and/or no trail to Jayme. My brain hurts. #findjayme

4. curiousmomof4

curiousmomof4 Member

Thanks!

5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Just because a killer is able to come and go and not leave any trace, doesn’t necessarily indicate a high level of planning.

This guy took tremendous risks, lucked out that the neighbors didn’t call the police, and escaped the scene before the police arrived by the skin of his teeth.

Whatever his purpose in committing this crime, there were easier ways to have done it.

I just think luck was on his side that night.

I’m hoping his luck changes.

BB71, MrsM, Lucyray and 32 others like this.
  6. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

I don't think we can jump to any conclusion that Jayme met somebody online. We just don't know that. In fact, from what we do know about Jayme, this would seem to be out of character, IMO. I also think LE would know if that were the case. And I would think that Jayme's friends would have known as well, although I recognize the fact that this isn't a given either. (And I can't help but assume that LE would have talked to Jayme's friends by now if they thought that was even a possibility.) But all in all, it just doesn't seem like the most plausible explanation in this case. MOO, of course.

7. 1987

1987 Former Member

would emergency rooms, drs, etc be keeping a eye out for anyone that came in with a injury that they could have gotten during a crime?

8. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Well-Known Member

That was a quote from another poster that I was saying was similar. My scenario was not with someone online, it was someone local. Just sayin'.

gngr~snap and ElementalLaura like this.
  9. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

If anyone is jumping in and missed it, a 2000 Monte Carlo was found today submerged in the Fox River in Oshkosh, WI. The car is red with white markings and in very good condition, could not have been in water long.

Car discovered in Fox River in Oshkosh

In the Mark Fuhrman interview, he said, "the red car with white markings".

A poster here even pointed it out that maybe Fuhrman is losing it because the stock photos of the Challenger released by LE are red or orange with black markings. Fuhrman did not correct himself nor did Sandra Smith of Fox say anything.

10. gitana1

I keep going back to the Groene case and Hannah Anderson's case and the Short family case. Horrible murders that were done, it seems, gratuitously, but the objective was to take the children in the homes - at least for sure in the first two cases.

Crazy psychopaths.

oceanblueeyes, 8paws, jash and 10 others like this.
  11. curiousmomof4

curiousmomof4 Member

Saw that earlier. The car looks like one of the vehicles LE was looking for, although not the exact make/model. I am anxious to hear more on this finding!

8paws, MsBetsy and Tippy Lynn like this.
  12. debirlfan

debirlfan Well-Known Member

The Challenger is bothering me. There can't be that many of those in the area, and it's a distinctive car, especially red or orange. Even if it's not someone "local" I doubt if there are too many in the state. It doesn't strike me as the sort of vehicle that is going to be good in the snow.

ponyfacce, Ms Buffyton, 8paws and 8 others like this.
  13. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't deny that it happens. And the Groene case, I believe, was pretty gruesome as well. There are, no doubt, an endless number of things that could be the motive. Certainly LE won't dismiss the possibility. But this seems like the hard way to go about it, at midnight on a Sunday night, with guns blazing, so to speak. But like I said, it could be the motive. I just don't see it as a high probability in this case.

14. gitana1

Sounds like a super big deal. This is a car that may match something they're looking for it was suddenly found submerged? And it should be trackable by the VIN unless that was ground off somehow.

I hope this is a break.

Perhaps this this is a case of a psychopath like Matthew Hoffman, where the maniac wanted to engage in some savagery against a family he never met, and abduct a girl in the home for his own purposes. But now he's trying to get rid of some evidence?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Ms Buffyton, Le Singe, 8paws and 6 others like this.
  15. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

I will be surprised if this wasn’t connected.

16. Sachi

Sachi Well-Known Member

This question is probably for a person that knows about profiling. Is there any connection between the front door immediate assault murder that would lend it self to being a person more likely to know the victims or not? Just curious if experienced profilers look at the data such as this along with other factors such as time spent in the home and can pretty much accurately predict a connection or lack there of ?

17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I'm just jumping in but I thought I just read that car was not involved

18. gitana1

And you know, that's a very new looking car to dump in a river. And the license plate looks to have been removed!

Three and half hour drive from the Closs home. Seems like an incredible lead!!!!!

Google Maps

19. Cj707

Cj707 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what became of the tip about the black suv in that hotel parking lot?

BeeGirl, Mercedes, Weeobanite and 4 others like this.
  20. gitana1

How do we know that? I mean that's a lot of coincidences.

Unless it's just an unrelated stolen car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.