AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the killer(s) turned off their phones? It is possible LE tried to look at cell tower activity but if the towers are far apart there would likely be many thousand hits...I don’t think they can narrow it down to a certain house, though that would be wonderful. Phones hit towers even when sitting at home, as far as I know...

They might be able to narrow it down based on their knowledge of where the vehicles of interest were seen on surveillance cameras. The key would be to look for cells that moved from one tower to another at around the right time. At the time of the crime there were probably not many people on the road. Most people would have been home or working the night shift at Jennie-O and those cells would not move towers. JMO.

The perp could have left the house with Jayme immediately after the shootings for all we know. There is NO evidence we are aware of indicating she was in the house during the 911 call, only during the shootings.

Of course both could be true -- he might have only recently been made manager and most of the coworker's experience with him was on the line.

They had both worked there for 27 years.
In other news:
Neighbors said they moved to the neighborhood 7 years ago.
But remember seeing here that real estate records showed home was purchased well before.

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory #2: (it’s MOO)

For whatever reason the perp chose the Closs home, after he broke the door jamb & got in, he then got into a physical altercation with James and ended up killing him... with either James’ gun or his own.

Denise appeared or he found her and possibly raped her and then shot her, also.

Perp then saw/found Jayme and decided to rape her also (or maybe a second perp did). But before actually doing so, he/they discovered Denise was still alive & had called 911.

The phone was hung up & perp either shot her again or hit her hard enough to kill her.

Or possibly Denise did die and Jayme made the 911 call just prior to being found and was unable to speak to the dispatcher/operator, but then yelled out for help.

Because he knew he had to get out fast, and he wasn’t able to sexually abuse Jayme, decided to forcibly take her with him and rape her later.

MOO

Last edited:
Probably got the idea from this site. Or more likely, other sites that don't limit talking about such speculation. Jmo
Agree on both points. Some media get info 2nd, 3rd hand, etc from a friend or family member of LE that could be accurate, completely inaccurate, exaggerated, or misunderstood but allowed simply because a person gave them the info.

My theory #2: (it’s MOO)

For whatever reason the perp chose the Closs home, after he broke the door jamb & got in, he then got into a physical altercation with James and ended up killing him... with either James’ gun or his own.

Denise appeared or he found her and possibly raped her and then shot her, also.

Perp then saw/found Jayme and decided to rape her also (or maybe a second perp did). But before actually doing so, he/they discovered Denise was still alive & had called 911.

The phone was hung up & perp either shot her again or hit her hard enough to kill her.

Because he knew he had to get out fast, and he wasn’t able to finish sexually abusing Jayme, decided to forcibly take her with him and rape her later.

MOO
I hope they declare there were no signs of sexual assault based on the evidence at hand soon.

Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs
MR of Rice Lake worked with them both at the Jennie-O turkey plant in Barron for more than 20 years. She was especially close to James Closs, whom she worked with “eight hours a day, five days a week for 15 years.”

“Jim was all about sports,” she said. “He was a big Packer fan. Just a normal guy — go to work, go home.” James Closs worked in the plant area that deboned turkeys, and he delivered meat orders that MR would weigh for shipping.

Denise Closs was very shy, MR said, but was well-liked and had a group of good friends. “She was all about Jayme,” MR said. “Everything was about Jayme. She loved that girl.”

Bringing this link forward again. I'm not able to access this link-- they want me to subscribe. Normally, I can get around that for one view but I have struck out with this one. Is there any other new info there? TIA.

Last edited:
You would also think with it being midnight jayme would of been sleeping. I would like to know if she had a cell phone and if it is missing or if they found it.

Thank you for looking Pommy. I'm really not sure what this new info about James' job means. There was so much talk of him hypothetically being management I had in my head a whole different image than someone who was working in the dept where they debone the turkey. If he delivered meat to the shipping dept then I'm guessing he worked on Sundays getting orders ready that were supposed to go out first thing on Monday. But that is just my opinion-- I know nothing about Jennie-O's schedules nor shipping practices.
Okay, I went a different route and finally found this ad (which was posted here previously) from a linkable site. It's from Feb 2017 and says the hours for 2nd shift are 4pm - 1am. The ad is for team members in the palletizing, loading and picking departments.

I don't know if this is relevant or not. Would boning be done in the picking department? We know James was home prior to 1 am. Hmmm...

Shipping 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts, Jennie O, Barron, WI
Jennie O shifts.jpg

Okay, I went a different route and finally found this ad (which was posted here previously) from a linkable site. It's from Feb 2017 and says the hours for 2nd shift are 4pm - 1am. The ad is for team members in the palletizing, loading and picking departments.

I don't know if this is relevant or not. Would boning be done in the picking department? We know James was home prior to 1 am. Hmmm...

View attachment 153183
He may have worked 1st shift and been home by 4pm. That he missed the family birthday party doesn't really give us a timeline. The party could have been at 11am or noon and broken up by 5pm. James may have been at work for some of the time the party was going on and returned home before Denise. That might explain why his truck was pulled to the side of the driveway, so she could pull all the way in.

But, what would that have to do with taking Jayme rather than just killing her too?
Could be a number of reasons mentioned here and some that aren't. Running out of ammo, panic to run after 911 call and not wanting to leave a witness, starting to come down or having a moment of clarity, possibly just the fact she was young or had a child that age and it clicked in the haze? All possible answers to your question but with few known facts it's pure guessing. The triple murder that occurred the day one state away from me and the day after this all happened left a child witness. I hope Jayme is able to give us all the answers herself very soon. It's all just a guessing game at this point.
ETA: I meant it's a guessing game for us who lack facts.

3-4 minutes can get you well away if they left right when call was disconnected...
Just got me thinking, when you take into account where the Barron County Sheriff's office is in relation to the Closs home, IMO the best direction for the intruders to travel to avoid contact would have been West on Highway 8.

Bringing this link forward again. I'm not able to access this link-- they want me to subscribe. Normally, I can get around that for one view but I have struck out with this one. Is there any other new info there? TIA.
Both spent their lives in this corner of northwestern Wisconsin, where family roots run deep in all the local towns. James Closs, 56, was a high school basketball star for the Ladysmith Lumberjacks, leading them to a second-place finish in the Wisconsin state basketball tournament in 1981.

Denise Closs, 46, grew up in nearby Cornell. She taught religious education classes at several Catholic churches in the area. Loved ones remembered her as a gentle soul who grew flowers, fed birds and helped everyone, any way she could.

MR, who worked with the couple, said James Closs remained a huge sports fan when his high school sports career ended. He still played softball on local teams, and his name appears on a board in the weight room at the Barron Area Community Center honoring those who have put in more than 1,000 hours of workouts.

Denise Closs was devoted to family, filling her personal Facebook page with family photos, especially of her mother, BN, who died of cancer in 2016. Denise Closs took part in several fundraising events for the American Cancer Society in memory of her mother.
Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

He may have worked 1st shift and been home by 4pm. That he missed the family birthday party doesn't really give us a timeline. The party could have been at 11am or noon and broken up by 5pm. James may have been at work for some of the time the party was going on and returned home before Denise. That might explain why his truck was pulled to the side of the driveway, so she could pull all the way in.
Very true. I don't know why I have that 2nd shift stuck in my head. MOO

View attachment 153183

That looks very relevant to me. I would think picking would be deboning, but what do I know about Turkey factories? Nothing, lol. The co-worker said James had to deliver meat to shipping. Seems likely he would work the same hours as shipping in that case. It seems likely to me that those shifts are his possible hours. If those are his hours he might have been working 1st shift (7 AM - 4 PM) during the family birthday party. We don't know the hours of the party do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021