AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement seems to be dealing in a lot of absolutes here. Guaranteeing that Jayme is alive, saying there's no threat to the community, and now clearing this guy unequivocally. Like BeeGirl said, it makes you wonder what exactly they have that makes them so confident. JMO

Excellent first post and welcome to WS! I couldn't agree more with this post

It’s something that clearly excludes him. Not having a car wouldn’t be good enough.

I think he was likely working the night in question. There is likely some sort of ironclad alibi like that.

Or they could suspect him, but not have enough evidence to hold him. So, they let him go and keep tabs on him. JMO.

Or they could suspect him, but not have enough evidence to hold him. So, they let him go and keep tabs on him. JMO.
I don’t think they would have been this adamant, if this was the case.

They’d hold him, and search every place that he is connected to.

There’s no reason to take that risk.

what would a homeless guy have for a alibi thats rock solid besides jail?

Maybe Check in/out of homeless shelter, etc.
I thought he worked 2nd shift the day of the murder because he couldn't attend the family function.

We don't know that, it's only been considered as a possibility. Comments by a friend/relative in a report after the funeral led others to speculate he worked first shift. We don't know officially. Nor do we know the time of the birthday party/family gathering.

IMO if LE has any concern that he may have contact with the person(s) involved, absolutely he would make bail. Where I'm from you dont get arrested for bail jumping and another new crime and get released in 24 hrs. It just doesn't happen. If it was an unpaid speeding ticket... but a crime you jumped bail on already & now you've committed a new crime & you're asking the court to give you bail again? You already jumped bail once. Ankle monitor? Sorry, hard to swallow, he could not help himself. (Long work history is all he may have going for him & his being well connected to the community would be how he got out again after bail jumping & new crime) LE knew this would happen imo. That's why they have motion sensors up at Closs home and I wish they hadn't mentioned that to the public.

HEY EVERYONE,

PLEASE STOP WITH THE SLEUTHING OF AN INNOCENT PERSON WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIME WE ARE DISCUSSING.

Let me paint a picture for you. You are going about your day when all of a sudden your text, email and voicemail start blowing up. Why? Because you are being discussed on a very large true crime discussion forum and are being connected to a horrible crime that has captured the attention of the nation. All your friends and family are letting you know your life is being sleuthed and posted online by people you don't even know. Now honestly...wouldn't that be terrible? Wouldn't that flat out SUCK????

Of course it would and that is why we do not allow this to happen on Websleuths.

Last warning until the end of time or until this discussion thread is over whichever comes first. I put my money on the end of time.

Thank you,
Tricia

I should also note that the person the Sheriff mentions in his post that was arrested for burglary of the Closs home is the only person the Sheriff has said has been cleared of any involvement in what happened.
Can you please provide a link for us? Thank you.

No problem here with the fact he's been cleared...
Also, if he knew the perps or was 'helping' them now as has been suggested - frankly I think he'd rather take the reward money & run then help them....
I don't think you get reward money if you've helped in any part of a crime. And that's just generally speaking.

Kyle Jaenke is all over Google.

Bail jumping was mentioned earlier, but I cannot find this man's name on CCAP for any other prior charges.

I agree. Just trying to be sure before I post.

So what other motive could be involved besides wanting to take Jayme? I don't think them owning money to anyone would end in them being killed this way unless the killer suspected they had the money in their home (dead men can't pay). If they both worked at the plant I don't know how that could be a factor unless one of them worked in the office and had access to money there. That could explain the proposed scenario of tying mom up and killing dad.
The only other motive I can image is a grudge against them but that wouldn't explain taking Jayme.

Man! You look away for twelve seconds and come back and there's been a search and thief? So do we know anything else about the search besides the tweet from Paul Blume at Fox?

Paul Blume on Twitter

Just my own thoughts, or am I too imaginative.
Could this guy, be used, by the perp (or friends of) to have LE get 'off track'?
This would give the perp more time, to move further out, than at present.
Perhaps, this 'thief', isn't aware he was used, as a decoy.
The thief may have 'entered the home', due to someone stating, the place is empty, and there's loads of items there, you may be interested in, knowing of the thief's fetish.
MOO.

Can you please provide a link for us? Thank you.

The latest Sheriff's post is what everyone is discussing (BBM):

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Barron County Sheriff's Department

Unbelievable...
What is 32 years old man doing stealing underwear from a 13 years old girl?

"According to a criminal complaint, Jaenke-Annis was seen on motion activated cameras by law enforcement. When they confronted him, he admitted to going into the home without permission and stealing multiple items, including underwear and clothing that belongs to Jayme Closs. He has been charged with burglary and bail jumping. The criminal complaint says Jaenke-Annis works at Jennie-O Turkey Store."

UPDATE: Man arrested for breaking into Closs home, stealing Jayme's clothing

Also, BBM - Glad they have set up motion-activated cameras, but I don't think it was a good idea to mention it in the media in case the perp decided to go back.

ITA!

Welcome to our dedicated group of great posters. You will fit right in.

BTW I wanted to mention how much I like the moniker you have chosen. Great choice.

Take care.

Ocean

HEY EVERYONE,

PLEASE STOP WITH THE SLEUTHING OF AN INNOCENT PERSON WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRIME WE ARE DISCUSSING.

Let me paint a picture for you. You are going about your day when all of a sudden your text, email and voicemail start blowing up. Why? Because you are being discussed on a very large true crime discussion forum and are being connected to a horrible crime that has captured the attention of the nation. All your friends and family are letting you know your life is being sleuthed and posted online by people you don't even know. Now honestly...wouldn't that be terrible? Wouldn't that flat out SUCK????

Of course it would and that is why we do not allow this to happen on Websleuths.

Last warning until the end of time or until this discussion thread is over whichever comes first. I put my money on the end of time.

Thank you,

Tricia

I'm replying to my own post to let you know if you don't know what innocent person I am talking about that is because we have removed all mention of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member