AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent over 2 hours this morning looking at recent home invasion cases that involved kidnapping. In every case I looked at, the person kidnapped was driven to an ATM and then released. In other words, there was a clear purpose behind the kidnapping.

If this was a random home invasion, it's the strangest home invasion I've ever seen. Nothing taken, that we know of...other than a 13 year old girl.

I spent over 2 hours this morning looking at recent home invasion cases that involved kidnapping. In every case I looked at, the person kidnapped was driven to an ATM and then released. In other words, there was a clear purpose behind the kidnapping.

If this was a random home invasion, it's the strangest home invasion I've ever seen. Nothing taken, that we know of...other than a 13 year old girl.

Yeah, I don't feel like this was random. Doesn't seem like anything was taken other than Jayme. That feels specific to me. Yet it does feel more home invasion than robbery.

There are precedents to this crime-crimes in which the parents were murdered and the daughter abducted (Hannah Anderson, Jennifer Short, Shasta Groene, etc). I just hope this one is solved, hopefully culminating in a rescue. Anderson's abductor was known, Groene's completely random, and we don't know about Short's. While I am usually inclined to believe that the perp was known to the family, maybe not. It's possible that they were aware of Jayme without her being aware of him.

I tend to agree that this wasn't a purely random home invasion, because why would someone take all that risk to enter a home forcefully without any idea if there was something of worth in the home or who was there.
If, on the other hand, it was a real or perceived ( on the part of the other driver) road rage incident that the father participated in, then he could have been followed home and could have been inside when the person came to the door.
The father was shot, then DC was killed after a scuffle and then Jayme was discovered a little later and taken after the 911 call was placed. It may be no more complicated than that. Especially since there are so few facts that govern the time line that have been made known.

In my head I just can't help but feel there has to be some familiarity here, in terms of the murderer/abductor is someone the family knows.

The aggressive nature of the crime seems like they wanted to inflict as much pain as possible. Making Jayme see her parents killed, and then having the added pain/fear/uneasiness passed to the rest of the surviving members of the family as they face each day not knowing about Jayme. This really seems to be how much pain/sorrow could be inflicted on this family.

People more experienced in profiling may come along and correct me, but, IMO, this makes me think they knew their aggressor.

I tend to agree that this wasn't a purely random home invasion, because why would someone take all that risk to enter a home forcefully without any idea if there was something of worth in the home or who was there.
If, on the other hand, it was a real or perceived ( on the part of the other driver) road rage incident that the father participated in, then he could have been followed home and could have been inside when the person came to the door.
The father was shot, then DC was killed after a scuffle and then Jayme was discovered a little later and taken after the 911 call was placed. It may be no more complicated than that. Especially since there are so few facts that govern the time line that have been made known.
Not seeing why a road rage incident would lead to the kidnapping of a 13 year old girl.

In my head I just can't help but feel there has to be some familiarity here, in terms of the murderer/abductor is someone the family knows.

The aggressive nature of the crime seems like they wanted to inflict as much pain as possible. Making Jayme see her parents killed, and then having the added pain/fear/uneasiness passed to the rest of the surviving members of the family as they face each day not knowing about Jayme. This really seems to be how much pain/sorrow could be inflicted on this family.

People more experienced in profiling may come along and correct me, but, IMO, this makes me think they knew their aggressor.

All of the rage seems directed at the parents, though. I swear, I almost get a rescuer vibe from whoever did this. Can't help but wonder if whoever did this had some misguided belief that Jayme would have been better off with them than with her parents. Logically, I don't really see that being the case, but something in my gut keeps screaming it despite the lack of logic or evidence.

Search For Jayme Closs Enters 2nd Week
It’s been two weeks since Jayme Closs disappeared from her western Wisconsin home, where her parents were fatally gunned down inside.

Although investigators have received more than 1,400 tips in the case, there’s yet to be any major break. Currently, there is a $50,000 reward for information that leads to Jayme Closs.

Search for Jayme Closs enters week three
The Barron County Sheriff Department has received over 1,900 tips, but no leads have been made public.

Mike Duncan, News Director at WJMC Radio in Rice Lake joined Wisconsin’s Morning News for more on the efforts. To listen to the full interview, click in the player below.

I wonder if the police checked the intersection traffic cameras in Barron, or if the town even has them. It seems that might help nail down when the father left work and his route home. On the other hand, they would probably show license plates and occupants.

Aside from a 13 year old girl being taking, these situation aleays happen if drugs are involved.

I wonder if the police checked the intersection traffic cameras in Barron, or if the town even has them. It seems that might help nail down when the father left work and his route home. On the other hand, they would probably show license plates and occupants.
There's only one intersection with traffic lights in the town and no traffic cams on Hwy 8.

All of the rage seems directed at the parents, though. I swear, I almost get a rescuer vibe from whoever did this. Can't help but wonder if whoever did this had some misguided belief that Jayme would have been better off with them than with her parents. Logically, I don't really see that being the case, but something in my gut keeps screaming it despite the lack of logic or evidence.

I agree with you. Especially when we try to think about it logically, because it's impossible to apply logic to a perp who is not thinking logically.

Good morning! I have been taking myself away from this because everything seems to just be regurgitated daily and I come up with nothing new. But I caught up and haven't seen anything about something that has been bothering me.

The second address they went to in Cumberland per the dispatch record. Has anything come of this? They were en route at 3:27 and didn't leave until 4:50. It wasn't until after they went there that they declared JLC a missing person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
328 AND 366 ARE ENROUTE TO 504 24 1/2AVE.

It appears the only signal between work & home is exactly at the intersection of Jenny-O. Unfortunately the google streetview is from 2016, so things may have changed since that picture. In the streetview, however, there is no visible video detection present at the intersection. The signal is either designed to use the old-style in-ground loop sensors, or is simply set to a pre-timed function.

I think the police have a pretty firm timeline of all three victims whereabouts for at least the 48 hours prior to the crime and maybe longer. They definitely know when James last left work and his likely route home. They probably know if Mom or Jayme were shopping anywhere from bank records, or if they paid cash I'm sure cashiers who recognized them came forward to say they saw them at whatever time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken