AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

HUH??? When did he break in?? They arrested him on the 27th but when did he break in? Surely after the murders...and if thats the case, how do they know he is not connected to the murders and Jaymes disappearance?? The only reason to break in when the risk of being caught is HIGH (as the place is surely under watch) is because something of evidentiary value was left behind. But I guess if someone was tweeking it would look as good as any other reaidence I guess. There is always that, lol. Just weird.

Last edited:
Agreed on this point - a recent case I've compared Jayme's too is the kidnapping of Shasta Groene by Joseph Duncan.

- Younger female
- Adults at home at the time murdered
- Only thing of value taken was the child
- Violent crime scene in small, quiet town where things like that "don't happen"
- Very few initial leads - nobody in family history that you can pinpoint as possible suspect

In Shasta's case, her kidnapper was a violent sexual predator that had a history of abduction and molestation of children. The incident with Shasta started in May 2005 and ended in July that same year.

TY for posting this! This is the only case I have seen that seems so similar. I had to search for more info after reading the link you posted. Maybe I haven't read enough to say he was a drifter but thats the take I get so far. REALLY makes me think! People who have little or no roots and travel from place to place leave few footprints to follow. Your post has given me so many new thoughts and possible explanations as to why info is not being released and the length of time that has passed since this happened. So much more going on in my head now.

Emphasis mine

Do you have a link for this ?
Thanks in advance.
LE have been tight-lipped about the content of the 911 call, but maybe they're caving in a bit since Jayme is still somewhere out there. (LE have not said the words 'abducted' or 'kidnapped')

It was in the first morning press conference, does anyone have a link to the transcript?

He was ask about them hearing Help and his response was, what i would describe as, cagey. He said he didn't know if they heard "help" specifically but that they heard a disturbance.

It's been 14 days. My vibes are going negative so I will carefully suggest that I don't believe Jayme Closs will be found. The extended area is nature geographic nooks and crannies, forests, lakes, rivers, creeks, farms, and rarely traversed land. Say it isn't so.

Unbelievable...
What is 32 years old man doing stealing underwear from a 13 years old girl?

"According to a criminal complaint, Jaenke-Annis was seen on motion activated cameras by law enforcement. When they confronted him, he admitted to going into the home without permission and stealing multiple items, including underwear and clothing that belongs to Jayme Closs. He has been charged with burglary and bail jumping. The criminal complaint says Jaenke-Annis works at Jennie-O Turkey Store."

UPDATE: Man arrested for breaking into Closs home, stealing Jayme's clothing

Also, BBM - Glad they have set up motion-activated cameras, but I don't think it was a good idea to mention it in the media in case the perp decided to go back.

I should also note that the person the Sheriff mentions in his post that was arrested for burglary of the Closs home is the only person the Sheriff has said has been cleared of any involvement in what happened.

Unbelievable...

"According to a criminal complaint, Jaenke-Annis was seen on motion activated cameras by law enforcement. When they confronted him, he admitted to going into the home without permission and stealing multiple items, including underwear and clothing that belongs to Jayme Closs. He has been charged with burglary and bail jumping. The criminal complaint says Jaenke-Annis works at Jennie-O Turkey Store."

Also, BBM - Glad they have set up motion-activated cameras, but I don't think it was a good idea to mention it in the media in case the perp decided to go back.

did they set up cameras or could cameras have already been there?

I should also note that the person the Sheriff mentions in his post that was arrested for burglary of the Closs home is the only person the Sheriff has said has been cleared of any involvement in what happened.
Really? Well I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this.
Amateur opinion and speculation

Unbelievable...

I was hoping that they did this. I didn't even suggest it in case they did, like you I don't think it was a good idea to let that be known. But with the door gone, I was hoping someone involved would chance going back to the scene.

It was in the first morning press conference, does anyone have a link to the transcript?

He was ask about them hearing Help and his response was, what i would describe as, cagey. He said he didn't know if they heard "help" specifically but that they heard a disturbance.
SABBM

Ok, thanks. I'll go and look for it.
A disturbance , and the word "Help", are two different scenarios entirely.
"Help" means someone's in danger or being dragged away... while a disturbance could indicate some sort of a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita