AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perp(s) is a former employee there would surely be some record of a previous confrontation/disagreement/etc. with JC or DC. Even if it weren't documented in employment records, people would know about it. I'd be shocked if LE hadn't investigated that already. If it is a current employee, same deal. There'd be records of it, or at the very least other employees would know about it.

It doesn't have to be a confrontation or disagreement though. There are people who take offense at things that wouldn't bother or be noticed by other people. Some people, with certain types of mental illness can easily imagine human interactions, circumstances and/or the spoken word in a way that is not linked with reality as most of us see and experience it.

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or pipes or something. It seems odd/extreme to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on in the Closs home? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.

I would imagine the electronics dog Kozak could have been used during the larger search (the one that 2000 people came out to help with), although that's my own speculation.

During that search, the volunteer searchers were instructed to search for items such as cell phones.
Reporters tracking various search groups tweeted that volunteers were told to look for anything that could be a clue, such as a cellphone, piece of clothing or gun.
Jayme Closs: Authorities assess items found in search for missing girl

New electronics K9 team trained; worked on Jayme Closs case

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or pipes or something. It seems odd/extreme to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on in the Closs home? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.
My opinion is that they were looking for a device that had been hidden. My belief is that it was a phone or tablet they were looking for and that they found it. I also believe that the camera surveillance was set up because law enforcement thought the persons involved might return to the scene to retrieve the device if those persons believed law enforcement had not found it.

I believe that law enforcement was able to determine that a device had been used in that home either through phone records, internet records, or even a home router's wifi connection logs and that device was unaccounted for and law enforcement searched for it, including bringing in the electronics sniffing dog, and ultimately found it.

I could be wrong but that is my belief based on the law enforcement activities we know about.

Last edited:
Also it has been mentioned that you cannot see the Closs property from where the Smrekar's live. Which begs the question: How did they see her get off the bus outside her home every day?

She might not have seen anyone get off the bus, but would still be aware that it stops there every day. Out in rural WI the bus often stops at the end of the driveway. Kids don't often walk to a communal bus stop. So if you hear the big diesel bus coming to a stop and see the red flashing school bus warning lights through the trees every day after school, it is safe to assume one or more children get off the bus to go inside the residence attached to the driveway. I assume this neighbor is taking that liberty here, not saying she saw Jayme with her own eyes. Jmo

If there are other kids around her bus stop might not have been directly in front of her house. Mine rarely was, it was always down the street a bit.

Did you live on a rural highway? It was very rare on the rural Wisconsin bus routes I was familiar with in central Wisconsin. But when I lived in a subdivision in IA, we all walked to a communal stop. Of course, times have changed!

Random thoughts on a rainy day:

It occurs to me that no one likely *exited* that house through the front door that night after the murders. Why? B/c when we saw photos of the scene from MSM... there did not *appear* to be bloody prints on the porch / steps of the house. None that I could see anyhow, and believe me, I looked. If someone went OUT that door after someone was shot and killed right there in that doorway area, then someone else ran / walked through that area, I'd expect to see some blood there, wouldn't you? Just my random thoughts for the moment.....

If they don’t have her cell phone it won’t be easy to check her online activity. Right? Or am I missing something. I know they have the “cloud” and can be logged in from any phone, but still that my be difficult and take a little longer.
Once LE receives authorization, the cloud data would make it easy, unless the Perp is using the dark web.

I took it to mean that the dog was looking for electronics (eg., a tiny camera) that could have been hidden somewhere in the Closs home - by a third person that did not live there. Perhaps someone that did work there, etc.

moo.

JMO

Re BBM
What if someone they knew planted a hidden camera in their home to be a pervert and take video of them while showering or changing.

We just had a case similar to that in my town and the guy was arrested. He installed a security system for the home and he put in extra cameras for his perverted self.

The owners of the home had no idea until they found the camera.

Could the person that killed them have done something similar and panicked that he would be caught so he went in to get his equipment back out of the house and took his victim while he was at it.

That could be one reason a dog like that was brought into search the home.

It doesn't have to be a confrontation or disagreement though. There are people who take offense at things that wouldn't bother or be noticed by other people. Some people, with certain types of mental illness can easily imagine human interactions, circumstances and/or the spoken word in a way that is not linked with reality as most of us see and experience it.

Sure, it's possible. Just don't think it's likely.

I assume Investigation 101 in this case would include looking at any employees who worked under/with James Closs over the last 5 years or so, but I suppose I could be wrong. Surely anyone he has fired in that time period will be under a microscope. LE has mentioned that they've interviewed co-workers so even if something occurred that wasn't in employment records it would be rare that no other employees knew about it.

In terms of my own workplace, while I might not know everything that goes down, I have a pretty good idea of who doesn't like who so it would really surprise me if LE hasn't uncovered all of that in this case.

It occurs to me that no one likely *exited* that house through the front door that night after the murders. Why? B/c when we saw photos of the scene from MSM... there did not *appear* to be bloody prints on the porch / steps of the house. None that I could see anyhow, and believe me, I looked. If someone went OUT that door after someone was shot and killed right there in that doorway area, then someone else ran / walked through that area, I'd expect to see some blood there, wouldn't you? Just my random thoughts for the moment.....

I think a lot would agree with you. A lot of the pictures from the day of the investigation seems to show investigators milling around the side deck where the sliding doors are. Add in the information we have from the burglary about how close Jayme's room seems to be to those doors, then that would make those doors the likely point of exit.

CNN.com - Transcripts
BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.
so I guess the trampoline was in the yard just for show? SMH

I agree that is seems baseless and I just wanted to look at official call log. My little county we can see every call and dispatch within a few minutes.

The one call log that interested me was the 2:22pm call on Oct 14th that was regarding a call to assist with a missing person search. That was referenced in Post #240.

May not have anything to do with this case but would be nice to know the location of where assistance was needed.

Unless, of course, Dad being shot came last in the sequence of events.

My opinion is that they were looking for a device that had been hidden. My belief is that it was a phone or tablet they were looking for and that they found it. I also believe that the camera surveillance was set up because law enforcement thought the persons involved might return to the scene to retrieve the device if those persons believed law enforcement had not found it.

I believe that law enforcement was able to determine that a device had been used in that home either through phone records, internet records, or even a home router's wifi connection logs and that device was unaccounted for and law enforcement searched for it, including bringing in the electronics sniffing dog, and ultimately found it.

I could be wrong but that is my belief based on the law enforcement activities we know about.
I totally agree and was about to post the same...thanks!

I think a lot would agree with you. A lot of the pictures from the day of the investigation seems to show investigators milling around the side deck where the sliding doors are. Add in the information we have from the burglary about how close Jayme's room seems to be to those doors, then that would make those doors the likely point of exit.
Not only that, but in order to exit the front door, they would have to step over the body of James. I am almost certain they left through the patio door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288